•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi friends

post here the latest technology news.............

About IT,Computer,Inventions,softwares,companies etc etc.........

Just chill

Vinu's

Posted: 17 years ago
Google is taking its search expertise to one of its favorite audiences: software developers.

The company on Thursday launched a Web site, Google Code Search, which the company says will let programmers search billions of lines of code for tips on how to write their own software.

The service, conceived by the Google Labs early technology group, will crawl publicly available code, most of which is made available through open-source projects. The search and indexing covers code on Web pages and code that resides in compressed files, said Tom Stocky, a product manager at Google.

Google expects that the search engine will be used primarily as a learning tool to help students and serious programmers, rather than a way to find and copy another person's code.

"Most of the code is open source so you can reuse it. But I don't think that's the primary use--it's more about how to learn about things and, when you're building open-source packages, to make sure you doing it the right way," Stocky said.

For example, a developer may need to write a function as part of an application and search the Web to see other examples.

Google engineers, many of whom participate in open-source projects, already use these code-searching capabilities internally. Since it is a Google Labs project, the company is not yet seeking to make money through ads linked to searches, Stocky said.

http://news.com.com/Google+crawls+into+source+code+search/21 00-1024_3-6122819.html?tag=nefd.top
Posted: 16 years ago
Hey Guys,
I have come across a website where we can meet and befriend professionals working for top notch companies.

Being an IT Professional, I could interact with lot of other professioanls from Microsoft, Google, TCS, etc who helped me to get a good job. I thought I can share this with other job seekers who can be equally benefitted like I did.

Unfortunately to join this professioanl networking site, we need an invitation.
Just buzz me at [email protected], if you want one!!!!

Happy Job Hunting!!!
Karuna Gupta