Single grandparents re-marrying?

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
The trend is very new in India, but I have seen senior citizens getting married (if their spouse is no more...obviously..:P) They also need companionship, and marriage is a great way to find a companion.

DO you think its okay for them to re-marry?
How'd you react if your grandfather/mother came and told you that they're re-marrying? Would you support them or oppose them?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Shama* thumbnail
Nice topic.

I'm not sure. I try to put myself in the grandparent's shoes and think, "If I loved my spouse that passed away, and we've been together for all those years, do I have a right to marry again?"

At the same time, I think they have a right to marry again if they fall in love once again. I would support them if I think the one they're marrying is really a good person and is right for them. But before they do, I'd make sure that they don't do it to replace their lost spouse.
*dels* thumbnail
I wouldn't be really happy hearing that news. If my gandpa/grnadma is cool with it and they r happy, it doesn't matter. But I would feel uncomfortable and I would keep a distance becasue I can't see someone new in there place after so many years.
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I am in two minds just like Shama.And like del_geo, I'd also feel uncomfortable with my ganny/granddad's new spouse, but if that's what makes them happy, then eventually I'd support them. But I think the awkwardness would remain!
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
yeee.. its true these days single grandparents are marrying each other
x.Asian~Flava.x thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i wouldn't be happened if any of my grandparents got married, but i am definatly sure my grandparents will not eva do tht. 😳
sujal_kashish thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tara

i wouldn't be happened if any of my grandparents got married, but i am definatly sure my grandparents will not eva do tht. 😳

totally agree wid u!

X.o.X.o.---Jasmine---x.O.x.O
~*Ria*~ thumbnail
I would take her to the psychiatrist. Though my maternal grandparents are still together mashallah and are a more rocking and romantic jodi than all of the youngsters 😆 I wish none of them gets the need to re-marry.
CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail
i think its ok if they have no family
but if they have grandchildren n all i think it would leave them a bad impression
aasky thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~haBiBi2hot~

i think its ok if they have no family
but if they have grandchildren n all i think it would leave them a bad impression

Bad impression? In what sense?