Ummmm....
So you visited the library
visited the book store
But came empty handed
our the main door.
didn't know which book to take
no one to help you choose either
look no father-

Just serach this thread, and you'll find some great book recommendations!

--------------

Name:
Genre:
Story Outline:
Why do you recommend it:
Other comment:
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):

-------------

Preets

Edited by naina_manam - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Virgo_Stars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
Great topic! Here is one book i recommend

Name:  Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Genre: Mythological thriller/mystery

Story Outline: A history professer goes to Paris and stumbles on a great mystery. He discovers that an old society is still alive that guards the most important secret in the history of mankind with hidden clues of the Leonado Da Vinci works. 

Why do you recommend it: Because it keeps you gripped throughout the book and it is also believed to be the best fiction book yet.

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
PixieDust91 thumbnail

Name: Maximum Ride: The Angel Expiriment by James Patterson
Genre: Science Fiction
Story Outline: from the back of the book:
Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel. Six kids who are pretty normal in most ways - except that they're 98 percent human, 2 percent bird. They grew up in a lab, living like rats in cages, but now they're free. Aside, of course, from the fact that they're prime prey for Erasers - wicked wolflike creatures with a taste for flying humans.
Why do you recommend it: It's a great book and it's really hard to put down. It keeps you interested and the very first page grabs your attention.
Other comment: Go out and read it!
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4

neha^^ thumbnail
Name: Once Upon A Marigold..author forgotten sorry

Genre: Romance/Fantasy

Story Outline: A prince runs away from his family and is found byu a troll. The troll raises the prince. While the prince is growing up he is falling in love with a princess that lives on the other side of the river. He goes to work at her palace and they end up falling in love. Meanwhile the princess's mother is looking for a wealthy bachelor for the princess. In the end the prince meets up with his brother's he thought he did not have. His brothers were married to the princess's sisters. In the end the princess is married to the prince. Also the princess has a power where she can read minds by touching the person. In the end she gives up her power to get her love, the run-away prince.

Why do you recommend it: It has almost everything. On the cover it self says, a little bit of everything but the kitchen sink. It has romance, sacrifices, misery, fantasy, tragedis and a lot of other good things. It would probably as good writing as harry potter but harry potter is better. But i still recommend ONCE UPON A MARIGOLD.

Other comment: A definite read. If you are into romance than you should definitley read it. It is sort of like a indian love story written by a english writer. YOU MUST READ IT!!!!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5/5..than again if i like a book, i really like it if i dont i really dont...so enjoy.

Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Name: angels and demons
Genre: Mystery
Story Outline: The story involves a conflict between an ancient group, the Illuminati, and the Roman Catholic Church. It is credited with being the first novel to contain ambigrams. Involves the conflict between science and religion.

Why do you recommend it: because even though the description is borin it is the MOST interestin book ive ever read!!!!its so intellectual/intelligent and its a really good mystery as well.
Other comment: PLEASE READ
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5!
*Spandana* thumbnail
name- mrs. frisby and the rats of nimh - series

author - Robert C O'Brien (1971)

story outline -It's a story about mice and rats - but they're very human little things.

why do u recommend it - its a very funny, humane and the author brings out human relations and human feelings from rats and mice. the scientist part creates interent while reading. i recommed it to young members, around 15 to 20 years old. others can read it but the book is really simple. 😛

other comments - a small book. very interesting.

rating - 4/5

btw preeets nice post. i came in to see which book to read and found the right post. this section really needs this post for people like me 😆 make it a sticky if u can 😃
kbakshi thumbnail
name of the Book"Banker to the poor"
Genere: Ecnomics of a country.
Writer: M. Yunus: (Nobel peace Prize
Why do you recommend: In 1983 Mr. Yunus established a grameen bank for the poor. This book explaines how he helped the porr people of his country and got them out of debts, Interesting.
Other comments: Poor and rich alike should read this book and save the people from Loan Sharks.
Rating: 4
thanks

coolniyu thumbnail
Name: Sweet Valley Series 😛 Created by Francine Pascal but most of them are written by different authors,the main one being kate williams...

Genre: Teenage Fiction 😉

Story Outline: Well it's the story of two twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield[living in sweet valley] who look completely alike but their personalities are 100% different,but they couldnt be any closer..the Series is sub divided into sub-series, for their life in elementary school, middle school, junior high, high, senior high, and university...the story si not only abt these two but allll their friends as well

Why do you recommend it: Well u can find every single type of story here...romance comedy adventure mystery ......in other words normal teenage life 😆 just feel-good enjoyable books 😉....

Other comment: well they dont seem to be much famous in india hardly any1 has heard abt them 😕 but i think theyre simply awesome..a bit larger than life here n there 😆..but on the whole awesome 😉

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): uhmmmm im mad abt the series soooo 5 😛
Rinkalp90 thumbnail
Name: the perk of being wallflower.
Genre: high school level
Story Outline: boy name charlie writes letter to someone!!!
Why do you recommend it: cause once u pick it up u won't put it back unitl ur done.. TRUST ME ON THIS!
Other comment: WHAT R U WAITING FOR ? GO TO LIBRARY AND PICK THIS RITE NOW!!! U WILL BE THANKING ME.. I AM SERIOUS!
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5++++++++

😆
sareeta thumbnail
Name: Sahara

Genre: Travel

Story Outline: Fascinating view of one world's largest and largely unexplored region/desert.

Why do you recommend it: Gives a very true and true life experience of one who has been to this desert and experienced it and as one reads it , feel the actual feel of how it is to be in this great desert...

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5+