Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 17 years ago
Name: Rani & Sukh

Genre: Love and Vengeance

Story Outline: Well here's the blurb:
'Man, she's wicked like one of them Bollywood actresses...'
Sukh reckons Rani is the most fanciable girl in school. She's got just the kind of look he goes for...
Rani can't stop thinking about Sukh either. Talk about fit. Beautiful amber-brown eyes, like pools you could jump into...
But Rani is a Sandhu, and Sukh is a Bains-and sometimes names can lead to terrible trouble...

Why do you recommend it: It's a superb book! What could be a better reason? Everyone I know that has read this book has loved it and gone out and brought the book just like I did. You get really into the story as though it's real... I think a wonderful film can come out of it too...

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5 no doubt!!!
Geet87 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Name: IF TOMORROW COMES
Author: SIDNEY SHELDON

Genre: Action & Romamce

Story Outline: Its based on a girl's life Tracy. She used to have a great job, a great fiance and was also expecting a baby soon. BUT after her mother commits suicide, she loses everything she had.......she ultimately becomes a criminal, robbing each and every millionare possible....and the police can never catch her. 

Why do I recommend it: Its one of the best story-books I have ever read in my life!!!. This is the one of the BEST INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLORS of the world.

Rating:(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): Definately 5

Edited by Farhana87 - 17 years ago
Prenz~13 thumbnail
Name: The Secret Life of Bees

Genre:Mystery/Adventure

Story Outline:The story is based during the time when racial discrimination ran hot around the world. It is set in South America, 1964, just around the time the Civil Rights Act was passed. It revolves around a young girl,Lily and her help,maid and best friend, Rosaleen, a black. SHe lost her mother, to a tragedy, and is haunted by guilt for a certain crime she can never forgive herself for. She faces torture by her father,and when Rosaleen lands up in jail,and it becomes likely she'll get killed, all for criticising a white, she decides to run away. She finds shelter in the house of three bee-keeping sisters,and in this shelter,she discovers some astonishing secrets.

Why do you recommend it: It's a beautiful book and the mystery grips you till the end! Superbly written, the style of narration and the plot never waver!

Other comment: A must-read!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5!
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
Name: Ane series
Genre: drrama, general
Story Outline: life of Anne, an orphan... and its a very very very happy story.. if u find the first two buks boriung just skip to the 3rd thts HIGHLY romantic...
Why do you recommend it: cos its the sweetest thing i have read
Other comment: its a classic so i know no one will like it but i love itttt 😳
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 8 😳

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Mediator series by meg cabot
Genere: romance 😳 , mystery little adventure
story outline: bout a girl suze who can see ghosts... she moevs to a new place and she finds a really handssome ghost... she tried very hard not to fall for him and he for her... but fate cant seperate them.... or can it?
Rating: 1000

desi_chick05 thumbnail
Name: Gossip Girls series
Genre: teenage fiction
Story Outline: its abt teenagers...who are just finishing high school and getting in college[ abt their everyday lives]
Why do you recommend it: because its awsomee and extremely hard to put down lol😳
Other comment: i reccommend this book for ppl aged 14-19 lol because they can probably relate and its young adult 😛
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4.5😃
albusdumbledore thumbnail
Name: Ambani Vs Ambani Storm In The Sea Wind
Genre: Non-Fiction
Story Outline: Unfolds the Blow by Blow Saga of the gr8 Ambani Split.
Why do you recommend it: real good read of the behind the scenes account of the war and its reasons...
Other comment: very good like it very much... Even better is the Polyester Prince: The Rise of Dhirubhai Ambani by Hamish McDonald (beware this book is banned in india.....)
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): I would give it say a 4.
devashree410 thumbnail

Name:Daddy's little Girl
Genre:Mystery/Thriller
Story Outline:Ellie Cavanaugh was seven yrs old when her older sister was murdered near their home New York's Westchester County.It was young Ellie's testimony that Rob Westerfield in jail despite existance of two other viable suspects.twenty-two years later Westerfield,still maintaining his innocence is paroled.Ellie, now an investigative reporter for an Atlanta newspaper,returns home,starts writing a book that will prove his guilt.However,As she delves deeper into her research she uncovers horrifying facts that shed new light on her sister's murder

Why do you recommend it
:It's a brilliant book that's simply hard to put down!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5 of course!Edited by devashree410 - 17 years ago
HarshuKiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Name: The Girls in Pants series
Genre: Teen fiction
Story Outline: It revolves around four girls - Bridget, Lena, Carmen & Tibby - & how a pair of jeans changes their lives forever 😃
Why do you recommend it: Because it's real, its not one of those very unreal high school fictions
Other comment: I'm not sure it's available in India, though
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 3.5 😊  (but thats probably 'coz i want to be a book reviewer, they don't really go around giving every book a 5 😳  😉 )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Three Girls in the city series
Genre: Teen fiction
Story Outline: It's about three girls living in New York who take photography classes together.
Why do you recommend it: Because it shows the different emotions of the three girls through their cameras 
Other comment: It's absolutely awesome, do read it, even if you're not much of a photographer
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 3 😃

missmhow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
name:fountainhead
genre:fiction/filosofy
author:ayn rand
story line:about an architect who belives in himslef..loves his professsion and conveys the fact that life shud only be lived at ur own terms..
why do i recommend:coz i loved it for the filosofy it had
other comment:when u read it u wud want to read another book by the same author or go thru it again fm the first page...
rating:5
mano102 thumbnail

Name: Shame
Genre: Political Drama
Author: Salman Rushdie
Storyline:Roughly speaking, Shame is a novel about Pakistan and about the people who ruled Pakistan. One of the main aims of the novel is to portray the lives of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq and their relationship. The more central theme is the violence that is born out of shame. There are characters that actually 'stand' for 'shame' and 'shamelessness' — Sufiya Zinobia and Omar Khayym respectively. There is magical realism and there is the usual magical writing that characterises Rushdie's novels.
THIS BLURB MAY SEEM DRY, BUT THE STORY TAKES PLACE IN PAKISTAN I CAN ASSERT THAT THE PLOT IS DAMN GOOD,THERE ARE CONSPIRACY THEORY'S, AFFAIRS, WEDDINGS, LOVE TRAINGLES, FILM INDUSTRY AND MUCH MORE! IT CONTAINS SO MANY VIBRANT ELEMENTS OFA RICH POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS WITH RESPECT TO PAKISTAN, WHICH MAKES IT ALL THE MORE INTRIGUING AND AWESOME

I WOULD RATE IT 10/10 

Edited by mano102 - 17 years ago