Recommend - A - BOOK! - Page 3

Posted: 16 years ago
NAME:- Princess
GENRE:- Non-fiction
STORYLINE:- its the biography of an arab princess.though born a princess her story is like tht of a jewelled bird inside a cage.worth a read. it mekes us feel grateful for having wat life has given us. it moved me to tears

recommended for ppl above 16
i would rate it 9/10 😊
Name: Othello
Genre: Romance
Story Outline: Othello and Desdemona the two main characters fall in love and elope despite their age,race differences. However as they try to live their newly establsihed life, Iago who is jelous of certain circumstances tries to sabatoge them by convincing or atlease trying to convince Othello that desdemona is unfaithful
Why do you recommend it:
It is one of the higher works of Shakespeare and its so well set up in its plot, and characters, that it is an immediate hit. I love the entire play because of the plot/storyline. But of course you must read it to find out
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
I would definitly give it 4/5 because its definitly a book you have to try to analyze and understand condiering its old venician language Edited by frenzgrl129 - 16 years ago
Name: Speak

Genre: Young Adult

Story Outline: Fourteen-year-old Melinda Sordino, has essentially stopped speaking. One of the reasons is because the world has stopped listening to her. After calling the police on an end-of-the-summer party, Melinda enters ninth grade as a pariah, ostracized by everyone in the school, including her best friends.

Why do you recommand it: I think many people can relate to this book and understand the meanings of words after reading this. You can't help but empathize with Melinda's silent pain or laugh inwardly at the many cliques she describes, or the number of times her school's mascot is changed because it is deemed inappropriate by the principal.

i give it a 10!!
Name: Lord of the Rings

Genre: Fantasy/action/adventure/mystery

Story Outline: The Lord of the Rings is set in the fictional realm of Middle-earth. The complex story concerns humanoid peoples known as Hobbits, Elves, Men, Dwarves, Wizards, and Orcs. It centres on the Ring of Power made by the Dark Lord Sauron. Starting from quiet beginnings in the Shire, the story ranges across Middle-earth and follows the courses of the War of the Ring. The main story is followed by six appendices that provide a wealth of historical and linguistic background material,[4] as well as an index of characters, place names, and terms of note.

Why do you recommend it: The Lord of the Rings is an epic and is considered as a literary masterpiece...JRR Tolkien has not only created a whole new amazing world but also has backed it up with maps of Middle Earth, songs, riddles, cultural backgrounds and one of the best: languages. He has used beautiful descriptions, ornate plots and side plots...and so much more!

Rating: definitely 5!
Edited by xMarauderx - 16 years ago
Name:Chinese Cinderealla By Adeline Yen Mah
Genre:Sad(True story of the author)
Story Outline:Chinese inderella is about a girl whose mum gives birth to he and dies and her brothers and sister all bully her.her stepmother isnt nice. She isnt allowed to study in England.....u have to read dun wanna give away.....
Why do you recommend it:Everyone whose read it loves it!!!!!
Other comment:It's a must read!!!!!
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):5
Name:sold
Genre:realistic fiction
Story Outline:a nepali girl from a small village is sold by her stepfather to a brothel and ho she gets aout of there.
Other comment:its the most amazing boook i have ever read your eyes would be gluedto the book once you satrt reading.
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):555555555555 its a really good book a must read
name-shock by robin cook.
genre-science fiction.
story outline-Students &close friends Deborah & Joanna have spotted a newspaper ad that may solve their financial problems.An exclusive & profitable fertility clinic on Boston's North Shore is looking donors,so they can do a bit of good for infertile couples while earning some money for themselves.Even when dark rumors surface the clinic the 2 women go ahead with their plans.

But after a while curiosity prompts the 2 of them to find out more.When stymied by a veil of secrecy,they even seek employment at the clinic in order to continue probing.Working there under aliases they soon discover the horrifying true nature of Dr. Wingate's clinic-and immediately put their sanity,may be even their lives,at risk.
Other comments-It's one of the best science fictions i have ever read.u can't put it down until u finish it up. 👏
Rating-it's 9.5/10. 😃

Originally posted by ~viral~

Haha, are people really going to come here to look for interesting books to read ?. Depends i guess.

yeah i did.  am going to get rani and sukh.

Name: Burned By: Ellen Hopkins
Genre: Teen Fiction
Story Outline: Pattyn's father is an alcoholic who beats her and her mother up. They're Mormon and when she is caught with her newfound boyfriend, she is sent to spend the summer at her aunt's who her dad never got along with. She finds love from her aunt, and falls hard for the neighbor Ethan, who returns the same love. What does destiny have planned for these two? Will Pattyn finally be able to settle with the man in whom she discovered true love? Read to find out.
Why do you recommend it: The book is very touching, a page turner, I loved the way it was written, easy to understand, and it just touches a cord in hearts, full of shocking surprises. Makes you realize life isnt all that great for everyone, be happy with what you have.
Other comment: This book is fantastic, if you read it, you should def read Impulse by the same author.

This is for those people who like romance with a lot of class and standard. Nothing cheap like Sidney Sheldon!

Name: Parineeta [I read the English translation cuz I can't read Bengali or Hindi, but those who can, I'd say read it in the original language cuz this is what the author has written.]

Genre: Fiction/Romance

Why do you recommend it: It's beauitful. Simply beauitful.

Storyline: Lalita and Shekar's love story!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4

Edited by amy22 - 16 years ago