Recommend - A - BOOK! - Page 37

Posted: 11 years ago
Name: Shiva triology
Genre: Fiction, history
Story Outline: Consideration of Lord shiva as a human and his fate and his good deeds made him raise like a god like figure,for all India
Why do you recommend it: Many people argues with one other about The gods authencity, For them the answers may get, having God as a historical figure
Other comment: The author narrates the story in a good way, and it was also Indias best seller
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
I will rate it 4.5 out of 5
Originally posted by harianjana

Name: Shiva triology
Genre: Fiction, history
Story Outline: Consideration of Lord shiva as a human and his fate and his good deeds made him raise like a god like figure,for all India
Why do you recommend it: Many people argues with one other about The gods authencity, For them the answers may get, having God as a historical figure
Other comment: The author narrates the story in a good way, and it was also Indias best seller
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
I will rate it 4.5 out of 5

Agree Shiva's triologgy is a perfect read.
Will like to add few points though. It touches upon the indus valley civilization and insights on the cry ' Har Har Mahadev' was nicely done. Only drawback i felt was the use of language but when the Author touched upon the point of being different can not be evil i was happy i gave this a read.

I wil give this a 4 out of 5.

Name - Who moved my cheese
Genre - Management/ motivational/ self help
Story outline - Its a story about two mice and two humans and how they interpret change. It talks about attitude and how one should adjust towards life in a positive way.
Other comment - The book is really short and speaks mostly about changes in professional life.
Rating - 3 out of 5 

Someone suggest me a Romantic Fantasy with a happy ending!

Book - Switched by Amanda Hocking (Book #1 of the Trylle Trilogy)
Genre - Fantasy Romance Adventure (kind of)

Outline - The main character, Wendy, is a 17 year old who doesn't fit in anywhere. Her father kills himself when she is 5 & her mother tries to kill her on her 6th Birthday, saying she's a monster. Luckily her elder brother, Matt saves her & her mother is sent to a psychiatric hospital. She lives with her brother Matt & aunt Maggie, who will do absolutely anything to keep Wendy happy.

It goes on like that until one day she meets Finn, a student at her new school. She finds it less difficult to get along with Finn. The journey starts when she finds out that Finn is her Tracker & takes her to the land where she actually belongs.

I rate it 4/5 as I don't like how it ends. And I didn't really care to read the other 2 books as I found out that the ending of the series is somewhat sad.

But an excellent book till the last chapter!
Edited by Ramya-KaShian - 11 years ago
Book:speaking tree collection.

Genre: Book collection offer a collection of Spiritual Books

Info: A collection based on the supremely popular column of the Times of India. Read by hundreds of thousands of people around the country. These books teach the readers to follow the path of truth, humanity and prosperity. Due to accurate information, excellent printing quality and attractive covers, our offered spiritual books are widely applauded by the patrons.
Name: Bloodline
Author: Sidney Sheldon
Genre: Thriller,Suspense, Romance.
Story Outline: Sheldon's sweeping saga of
greed and betrayal, sabotage
and danger, and the ties that
can kill...
Roffe and Sons is a family firm,
an international empire filled with desperate, cash-hungry
family members. At its head
was one of the wealthiest men
in the world, a man who has
just died in a mysterious
accident and left his only daughter, Elizabeth, in control of
the company. Now as this
intelligent, tough, and beautiful
young woman dares to save --
not sell -- Roffe and Sons, she
will have to outwit those who secretly want her power, and
the unknown assassin who
wants her life.
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5/5
Name:Provoked
Genre: non fiction
Outline:There was no one she could turn
to for help and support.
Domestic violence being such a
taboo subject for many Asians
in Britain, and family honour
was at stake for anyone who went outside the family for
help. Kiranjit in desperation,
ended killing the man who had
tortured her for so long, and
was sentenced to life
imprisonment. This book is her story, and how a group of
women got together to petition
against the sentence, and
ultimately succeeded in helping
her.
Name: Daughters of Shame (Jasvinder Sanghera)
Genre: NON-FICTION
Story Outline:

'I listen to those stories - told by women who have been drugged, beaten, imprisoned, raped and terrorised within the walls of the homes they grew up in. I listen and I am humbled by their resilience.'

Jasvinder Sanghera knows what it means to flee from your family under threat of forced marriage - and to face the terrible consequences that follow. As a young girl that was just what she had to do.

Jasvinder is now at the frontline of the battle to save women from the honour-based violence and threat of forced marriage that destroyed her own youth. Daughters of Shame reveals the stories of young women such as Shazia, kidnapped and taken to Pakistan to marry a man she had never met; and Banaz, murdered by her own family after escaping an abusive marriage.

By turns frightening, enthralling and uplifting, Daughters of Shame reveals Jasvinder as a woman heedless of her own personal safety as she fights to help these women, in a world where the suffering and abuse of many is challenged by the courage of the few.

Why do you recommend it: It is an amazing book from what I've read so far, Jasvinder is a woman who knows what it was like to be forced into something you did not want to do, she lost her family because of this but she fights for women who are treated cruel!

Other comment: The people in this book are mentioned but names have been changed for legal reasons!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): From what I've read so far 5!
Name: Shame (same author mentioned on last post)
Genre: Non fiction
Story Outline:

When she was fourteen, Jasvinder Sanghera was shown a photo of the man chosen to be her husband. She was terrified. She'd witnessed the torment her sisters endured in their arranged marriages, so she ran away from home, grief-stricken when her parents disowned her. Shame is the heart-rending true story of a young girl's attempt to escape from a cruel, claustrophobic world where family honour mattered more than anything - sometimes more than life itself. Jasvinder's story is one of terrible oppression, a harrowing struggle against a punitive code of honour - and, finally, triumph over adversity.

Why do you recommend it: Showing her strong side, fighting for what is right/wrong!

Other comment: Must read!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5
Name: Kashimarnanmukti

Genre:
Spiritual Book, Lord Shiva Book, Philosophical Novel

Story Outline:
Kashi Marnanmukti, by Shri Manoj Thakkar and Ku. Rashmi Chhazed is a spiritual novel based on the life of its protagonist, 'Maha', a Chaandaal who touches the spiritual height of Buddha.The book gives a picturesque description of the several shades of 18th century Benares soaking in the mysticism that surrounds the city

Why do you recommend it:
It changed my way of living the life , providing it a spiritual touch.

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4
Name: Passport to Hell by Terry Daniels

Genre: True crime / real life / non-fiction

Story Outline: an English girl called Terry living in Spain goes on holiday with her boss to Brazil. she is unaware of the fact that he is a drug smuggler and he gets caught smuggling a suitcase full of cocaine back. The police think Terry was in on it after seizing her diary and mistranslating part of it. It transpires that her boss was working for the mafia and he implicates policemen and a judge in drug trafficking during his trial but some of the details are mysteriously stricken from the court record. some of the cocaine that was seized also mysteriously goes missing, suggesting corruption. whilst on bail, terry goes to northern ireland to live with a northern irish boy that she knows there. she gives somebody a spare key to look after her house whilst she visits family in england. unbeknown to her, the friend is a terrorist and uses it to store a bomb and some guns. she is arrested for terrorism and sent to a harsh northern irish prison. she is found not guilty of terrorism but extradited to spain, where she is forced to share wings with terrorists, murderers and rapists. after a long fight, she eventually manages to receive a royal pardon and walks free.

Why do you recommend it: It is an almost unbelievable story. The fact she is accused of two major crimes in such a small space of time is shocking and the second one is very unexpected. every chapter of the book is filled with twists and turns and the fact that it is a true story makes it all the more fascinating.

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5 Edited by B428 - 11 years ago