Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TwilightLovee. thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Name: Noughts and Crosses
Genre: Romantic thriller
Story Outline: (This is the blurb i copied out)
Callum is a nought - a second class citizen in a world run by the ruling crosses....

Sephy is a Cross, daughter of one of the most powerful men in the country...

In their world noughts and crosses simply don't mix. And as hostility turns to violence, can Callum and Sephy possibly find a way to be together? THey are determind to try.

And then the bomb explodes...

Why do you recommend it: Because it is the most amazing love story i have ever read, not only that, but it made me realize about this world...and how innocent people are dieing because of bombing, over religion and stuff.
😭 I very strongly recommend it, at first i didn't want to read it, my friend bugged me everyday to read it and 3 days ago i thought i would do...after reading it its changed my life, and the way i think about the world and love...it is such a touching story...i cried at the end. 😭 😭 You guys will love it!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5, the most amazing book i have ever read.

BTW it is a trilogy, first Noughts and Crosses, then knifeedge, and then checkmate, theres a small new addition after noughts and crosses called An eye for an eye, after checkmate a new one is coming out called double cross. πŸ˜ƒ
cool_pooja thumbnail

Name: Graduation Summer
Genre: Mary-Kate and Ashley Series
Story Outline: Graduating from High skewl and their dreams and aspirations
Why do you recommend it: Its a totally girly novel for all those girls out there.. U can relate to the situations, love dem and hate dem
Other comment: Loved Mary-Kate-Trevor Couple!! πŸ˜ƒ One of the best Mary-Kate Ashley series!
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4.5
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Title: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Author: Agatha Christie
Rating: 5/5
Reason: It's brilliant.. you have no idea who the killer is till the very end

Summary (from the back of the book): A widow's suicide has stirred suspicion and dreadful rumours - of blackmail, and of a secret lover named Roger Ackroyd, who was stabbed to death in his study. And there are rumours that his neighbour, Hercule Poirot, doesn't have a clue who did it.
EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Title: Angels  & Demons

Author: Dan Brown

Rating: *****

Reason : Trust Me If u want to read a book that you just cant keep down until you have turned the last page than you just cant afford to miss this one. Its the prequel to the very famous ' The Da Vinci Code '

Summary : Robert Langdon Is a Brilliant Symbolist Who is Summoned After a Mysterious Murder That has the dead body Marked by a Symbol of a ancient Society that stood against the church long ago to pursue its scientific goals ' The Illuminati '  
animegurl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Name : Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer

Genre : Science Fiction

Story Outline : The book is about a 12 year old genius called Artemis Fowl who finds a civilization of fairies underground who are much more technologically advanced than humans.

Why Do You Recommend It : Because its hard to put down once started & is a gripping fantasy

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best) : 4
sammukh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Name: Shall we tell the President by jeofrey archer
Genre: thriller (as far as i can remember read it years back)
Story Outline: it is the 3rd book in Kane & Abel series where the daughter of either Kaneor Abel ( dont remember who) is to become the President....a plot is being made to assainate her.....
Why do you recommend it: a book which u cant stop if u start
Other comment:
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
sammukh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Name: The Scarlet Primpernel by.....dont remember
Genre: romantic thriller
Story Outline: the french revolution is taking place... the dukes n the duchess are being taken to the gulitone. a group of men are helping these dukes n family to escape.... fooling the guards each time n leaving the sign of scralet primpernal......
Why do you recommend it: very dramatic, holds u till the end u dont come to know the leader that easily... n when u do u love him!!!
Other comment:
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Name: Sad Cypress By Agatha Christie
Genre: Mystery/Detective Fiction

Story Outline: The protagonist of the story, Elinor Carlisle is going to be prosecuted for the murder of her childhood friend Mary Gerrard. Everyone,including her long-time lover, Roddy Wellman thinks she committed it. But the detective Hercule Poirot is not satisfied with the verdict so he himself sets out to find the truth.

Why do you recommend it: Not only is the mystery gripping and you will never be able to guess the murderer, the romance between Roddy and Elinor is also heart-touchingπŸ˜ƒ. Also, the character of Elinor is very well-written.

Other comment: For die-hard Agatha Christie fans, this book is a gold- mine. But of course, if you have never read AC, this is a good book to start reading it.

Rating: 5/5

Edited by redhotght - 15 years ago
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I would recommend 'The Alchemist'-Paulo Coelho and 'Brother in the land'-Robert Swindells.
WildGloss thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
BOOK : Anything for you ma'am.
AUTHOR: Tushar Raheja.

A Hilariously cute teenage love story! Must read.