Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bagarh Billa thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Name: Pink or Black

Genre: Journey into Teen Years

About the Book: Carefree and confusing! Lack of clarity about the future, life going totally out of control.... That is what teenage has been all about, at least for most of us. Author Tishaa Khosla has brought back the memories of those years back through her maiden novel "Pink or Black".

About the Author: Tishaa, 18 year old Sanawarian Shares her experience with this book.

Notes: Allready 5000 copies sold. Film Soon to be launched. Visit the website with same name.

Also Tishaa is being Nominated for MTV YOUTH ICON 2008, Such a brave achievement in such a small age.

Rating : 5
AnotherMiracle thumbnail
Confessions of an agony aunt    By Jane Sigaloff

Great book about an Agony Aunt and the problems she faces when she falls in love with the wrong guy! It's a great read.

3.5/5 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
AnotherMiracle thumbnail
My Sister's Keeper

BY Jodi Picoult

Amazing Book! So beautifully written. A must read.

5/5
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~Natasha~

My Sister's Keeper

BY Jodi Picoult

Amazing Book! So beautifully written. A must read.

5/5

is it really a good book? I almost read but it I read 'lovely bones' instead.. Can you give me a brief info about it?

-Navi.
tapishh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

i recommend:

A Suitable Boy

Author: Vikram Seth

It is a book which gives an insight into the process of selection of boys for an arranged marriage

its a lovely read!
sareeta thumbnail
Title - December Boys
Author - Micheal Noonan
 Rating - 4/5

A wonderful insight into the state of mind of an orphan hoping to be adopted and the friendhsip of the other orphans that stands threatened.

Beautiful read. A movie is in the offing to be released based on this book, however, if possible, please do read the book before you see the movie to really enjoy the essence of it all.
josip thumbnail
I recommend Angela s ashes from writer Frank McCourt. It is about his childhood in Ireland. Very good book.

***Viewbie's (-Mystery-) Note: Advertisement is not allowed on IF and not of vulgar sites especially.  Please don't post such things again.***

Edited by -Mystery- - 15 years ago
PourQuoi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh, I hope I'm not repeating them but read two recently that I had to share.

Name: The Time Traveller's Wife
Genre:
Romance/Drama
Story Outline:
a Chicago librarian with a gene that causes him to involuntarily time travel, and the complications it creates for his marriage.

Why do you recommend it: Original Concept, Effortless read.
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4

Name: The Book Thief
Genre: Drama
Story Outline: Set in Nazi Germany, the book explores the story of Death and how he meets The book theif, three times in her life.
Why do you recommend it: Brilliantly written and some very poignant moments. The subtle humour is excellent too.
Other comment: Read it on the train...not ashamed to say, some tears fell๐Ÿ˜† Must read!
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
snowflake0555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Sai-licious

Name: Speak

Genre: Teen Fiction

Story Outline: the story is about a high school freshman named, Melinda. something happens at a party that Melinda and her friends go to over the summer b4 their school starts, and Melinda ends up calling the cops... and from then on everyone including her bnest friend treats her like an outcast.
Why do you recommend it: i'd recommend it bcoz it was a treat for me to read, and I was able to relate a lot to Melinda in some ways, coz i read when i first started high school...

Other comment: anyone starting high school or going to a new school should defo read this novel!!!!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4.5

i read this book =]
but the movie was really weird... i wasnt expecting her to look like that ๐Ÿ˜†
snowflake0555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: suuunshiine

Name: Go Ask Alice.

Genre: Teenage Drug Abuse [if that's a genre]

Story Outline:
It's a diary based on a real girl. Her name isn't given. She used to be a 'good kid' and came from a 'good' family. However, she got caught up with the wrong crew and started doing drugs. She ran away from home twice.

Why do you recommend it:
If you like diary books, fiction or non-fiction, you'll like it.

Other comment:
Kind of a disappointment though. I had uber high expectations. I think I cried like 2-3 times in the book.. :)

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
3.5 :)

-Navi.

and i've read this book, i loved ittt. its def. one of my favorites! and i would recommend that too :)