Over-rated book which turned out trashy?

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Ever been in a situation where you went all out to buy the book the city's been raving about, and the book turend out to be trashy? Hahaha...you're not alone, we all have come accross such over-rated books which have no steam 😆 . Do leave in your answer here!

Over-rated book which turned out trashy?

Preets

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

datspreets thumbnail
I think 'One Night@ The Call Centre' was so talked about and hyped, but in my opinion, it was crappy. I expected so much more. The narration was boring, and the end was disappointing too
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
^^ oh...I cant agree more!!The ending is just stupid.....i'd go for The Devil Wears Prada. BOOOORING!
Morgoth thumbnail
The most overrated book was Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses. Rusdie is the most overrated writer by far, in my opinion!

datspreets thumbnail
How about shoba de's books? I've heard they've got no substance...has anyone read them?
PixieDust91 thumbnail
I remember a few weeks ago my English teacher suggested Escape from Memory [forgot who wrote it]. It was probably the stupidest book EVER! It sounded interesting when I first read the summary, but it was a complete waste of time.
bluelotus thumbnail
Any book by VS Naipaul's. Really, I don't understand why he has been so much projected. his books are really boring.
uvcraziestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
one night in call centre didnt impress me at all not after chetan bhagats first book five point some1
Cutie_ 95 thumbnail
Read kiki strike under the shadow city!
Its a book you will never forget!
devilangel thumbnail
i think harry potter..

everywhere its like omg its sooo good! but when i read it.. it has nothing new or interesting in it.. its just plot.. even the suspense was predictable