Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sareeta thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: datspreets

I think 'One Night@ The Call Centre' was so talked about and hyped, but in my opinion, it was crappy. I expected so much more. The narration was boring, and the end was disappointing too

I'd agree with you completely!!! It was really booooooooooooooooooring and I jus had to read thru, coz my friend ... wanted me to and she was raving.. and I sat thru the book , in vain hope of a good twist... but naaaaaah it never came!! Hmph!! Biggest disappointment ever!

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail
Originally posted by: devilangel

i think harry potter..

everywhere its like omg its sooo good! but when i read it.. it has nothing new or interesting in it.. its just plot.. even the suspense was predictable

Completely disagree 😳
Sorry to say but it's not everyday that an author makes and imagines a complete new world where every single thing has been thought of... From characters to transport to communication! It was completely new, unless if you've seen the movie first or read one of the many authors who's caught on the "magic"

One book overrated, i think was 5 point someone. It was good book no doubt but the way people were going on and on about it! It was no real story as such. Just incidents. And the end of the year. that's about it. I somehow expected more. Never the less, it was well written. πŸ‘
WoHaXItZxAaKi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naughty_n_nice

Completely disagree 😳
Sorry to say but it's not everyday that an author makes and imagines a complete new world where every single thing has been thought of... From characters to transport to communication! It was completely new, unless if you've seen the movie first or read one of the many authors who's caught on the "magic"

One book overrated, i think was 5 point someone. It was good book no doubt but the way people were going on and on about it! It was no real story as such. Just incidents. And the end of the year. that's about it. I somehow expected more. Never the less, it was well written. πŸ‘

now sam[i think thts ur name] i disagree wid u...! to me...harry potter is soo over-rated!! I was hoping that someone would actually mention harry potter in this thread and was pleased by seeing this. I dont think by writing this fantasy series J.K. Rowling deserved to be the richest writer in the literary history! since there are books way better than this! [jus my poin of view]  

DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: T.

The most overrated book was Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses. Rusdie is the most overrated writer by far, in my opinion!

I sooo agree with you!!! It was such a waste of time!

remixrulz thumbnail
i happen to like both harry potter n five point someone 😳
for me...it would be angels and demons by dan brown.
I rea digital fortress n da vinci,...n angels n demons is supposed to b d first part of da vinci...but it was so diapoointing ...borin...i was actually sloggin through it to reach d end
Pri-don
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
i think harry potter IS overrated but Sam has a good point so i am neutral on that... but let me tell you whatsoverrated and i hated

War And Peace!!!!!
it was so boring!!!!!!!!!! i tell you i couldnt get past 20 pages...
kirtib thumbnail
I completely disagree with people who feels that night in call centre was boring.. I think it was really nice. It really gave us an insight of how call centre work in India. In India the youngsters are getting quick money by working in these call centres but ser there is no dignity in this job. You are taking crap from foreigners who knows nothing. Imagine ur whole identity is changed..Nikhil becomes Nick Jaspreet becomes Jazz.. What is this?? I think the book really give us a glimpse of how things actually are at the call centre with some interesting plot so that the readers dont feel bored.. I really liked the book. Edited by kirtib - 17 years ago
diyafah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naughty_n_nice

Completely disagree 😳

i so agree wid you..when i read the 3rd book..it just cud'nt go frm my memory..whtz written is not true..but she created a magicial world where we can imagine and indulge in creativity...many authors write the same kind of books..no uniqueness!but jk has written a book for us which takes us to another world..a world of bravery,unconditional frendship and love!I just love the book!no doubt..it rocks..it lives upto ur expectations!!!A book which may give us sum sort of goosebumps and nervousness!I love it!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘

~*Ria*~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: datspreets

Ever been in a situation where you went all out to buy the book the city's been raving about, and the book turend out to be trashy? Hahaha...you're not alone, we all have come accross such over-rated books which have no steam πŸ˜† . Do leave in your answer here!

Over-rated book which turned out trashy?

Preets

Yeah... the girl with the pearl earring🀒.... i'd rather listen to my paternal grandma talk abt her days in amritsar🀒

HarshuKiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: WoHaXItZxAaKi

now sam[i think thts ur name] i disagree wid u...! to me...harry potter is soo over-rated!! I was hoping that someone would actually mention harry potter in this thread and was pleased by seeing this. I dont think by writing this fantasy series J.K. Rowling deserved to be the richest writer in the literary history! since there are books way better than this! [jus my poin of view]  

im sure there r many books better than harry potter, but i do agree wid sam..... jk rowling hasn't become the world's for nothing.... there r more than a million ppl on this planet who absolutely love the harry potter books (me included 😳 ).... if the hp books were disappointing, then nobody wud read them.... anyway, to each his own 😊.... everybody has their own point of view & i guess urs differs frm mine.....πŸ˜ƒ

to me, it wud be "The Monk who Sold his Ferrari".... my bro told me its very good but i didn't really like it