Over-rated book which turned out trashy? - Page 4

Posted: 14 years ago
it has to be for me ps I love you the most boring book i ever read also wuthering heights
It def has to be Breaking Dawns part 3 where the whole fight of the vamps start....and everyone comes to help them ...and i was expceting something more about resnesme and jacob..and i was dreadin to finish it!!!!!!!
As an author I think both Vikas Swaroop and Chetan Bhagat are over rated. But Chetan Bhagat at least has easy quick reads. I recently read Six Suspects by VIkas Swarup and hated every minute of it. Its lame, a fictional plot of the Jessica Lal case and so very mediocre.

Another book which was over rated and I personally didn't like very much was The Alchamist. I still haven't been able to finish it!!!

Shruti
the three mistakes of my life..
omg..they were so over rated and then, when i read that book<i got it the very first day>...
it was all crap....nothing to read about...i expected much more from chetan bhagat and that is what i got!!...all trash
Originally posted by VirgoVixen

That has to Twilight! UGH!

Totally agree with every single word here,specially the "UGH" part😆 I myself must have uttered that word a 100 times while reading this book or atleast every time I came across yet another line where Bella drools over Edward's beauty🤢 & it is the fist book which came to my mind the moment I saw this topic too.

Another one is "The Note Book' by Nicholas Sparks;But atleast I borrowed it instead of buying it,Thank god😊
It has to be One night @ the call centre for me. Seriously bad...didn't like the story at all.
Originally posted by WoHaXItZxAaKi

now sam[i think thts ur name] i disagree wid u...! to me...harry potter is soo over-rated!! I was hoping that someone would actually mention harry potter in this thread and was pleased by seeing this. I dont think by writing this fantasy series J.K. Rowling deserved to be the richest writer in the literary history! since there are books way better than this! [jus my poin of view]  

I agree Harry Potter is soo much over-rated.. 😕
Originally posted by HPCRAZY

Totally agree with every single word here,specially the "UGH" part😆 I myself must have uttered that word a 100 times while reading this book or atleast every time I came across yet another line where Bella drools over Edward's beauty🤢 & it is the fist book which came to my mind the moment I saw this topic too.

Another one is "The Note Book' by Nicholas Sparks;But atleast I borrowed it instead of buying it,Thank god😊

the note book ??? no way.. i thought it was awesome ..
Originally posted by HPCRAZY

Totally agree with every single word here,specially the "UGH" part😆I myself must have uttered that word a 100 times while reading this book or atleast every time I came across yet another line where Bella drools over Edward's beauty🤢& it is the fist book which came to my mind the moment I saw this topic too.

I agree with you two 😆

Ah, Same with me too HPCRAZY, It was the first book to come ot mind when I saw this topic too.

So anyway for me, Twilight is the most overrated book that i have read and which turned to be a trashy book.
Edited by Rin03 - 14 years ago
Originally posted by datspreets

I think 'One Night@ The Call Centre' was so talked about and hyped, but in my opinion, it was crappy. I expected so much more. The narration was boring, and the end was disappointing too

yeah totally agree with you
after reading five point someone i was so excited when the next book by Chetan Bhagat came out but it was really dissapointing