Over-rated book which turned out trashy? - Page 6

Posted: 14 years ago
Well i think Twilight was over-rated but it did'nt turn out VERY bad...!..it was pretty okay 4 me..
Twilight...i guess my expectations were really high because of its rating and all the hype
Tasliam Nasreens works {she doesnt have any great writing skills, her works just insult religions }
and Chetan Bhagats ''one night @ the call centre'' it was Okay....but i dont know why people made it a huge deal!

TWILIGHT! Gah! I don't want to use this word; but it sucked! 🤢 I'll be fair and say that it was only the hype about the book that led me to buy it and how I wish I hadn't! All the characters, barring Jacob, are annoying...like HELL ANNOYING, particularly Bella...towards the end i was half hoping that edward and bella would die and let jacob live in peace :S

i came to this page to write the name twilight and  i saw that  few more people have dsiliekd it....i bought it coz it was so popular and it was so very dissapointing right fm t the 1st page to the l;ast...not just that it was nonsensical it wasnt even a gud read...
Originally posted by moonlit.gold

Twilight.  I wanted to stop reading it less than half way through, but then I felt like i needed to read the whole thing to fully decide whether or not I really hated it that much. 

Yep. Still strongly dislike that one. 😕

I
same here!!!!!
alchemist...pointness..!!

people mentioning harry potter here......harry potter has every thing...from human emotions,to magical feelings....seriously the plot itself is so magical,plus the various characters depicted in the bbook,make it a must read for every age group..:)
twilight....worst book ever

and yeah dan brown books!🤢
i loovvvveeee dan brown books😳
Originally posted by Eloquent

I completely disagree with you..Harry Potter is the best series I have ever read...what else do you need other than a good plot dear? A plot IS one of the main requisites for writing a story..now you can't have a book without a plot..so I so totally disagree.

As for killings, I think it was done very nicely and perfectly..she demonstrated to me that life can be taken away in a second....

As for the magic aspect..I like it as hers is the best explanation on magic I have ever read. Most books give a very vague and incomplete info on magic and most probably it is only the main protagonist who can do magic and that too...it suddenly erupts out of him...from his hands or feet
Jo has created a complete society and a whole commuity of magic..a society which has the same human flaws of greed, manipulations, psychopaths, poverty, bigotry, wars and destruction and much more.
In short, her world isn't the perfect lil place with all people being goody goody two shoes, like in all the magical books
Plus I love the characterization very much. It rocks!👏 You can't say it's a children's book or adult book coz, as the protagonist has grown up..so have the books...and I find that very unique and I doubt I would find this in any series I have read so far.

And one thing I loved was..she gave friendship preference over romance...and the love stories are always in the background and used as comic sub plots. Not only friendship..she has shown so many different types of relationships an the impact they have on the protagonist...
I am well fed up of the cliched romancing in almost every book I read

Couldn't have said it better myself.👏 It there is one series that isn't over-rated, it's HP!😃 Just my opinion.