datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Wisdom in a few pages
Passed down from ages
All contained in a book,
come, have a look!

--------------

DO you believe in buying books are collecting them?

OR, do you prefer issuing them from the library and return them one you've read?

Why, or why not?

Preets

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: datspreets

DO you believe in buying books are collecting them? Yes, I do believe buying books are for collection because they would be worth some value in the future and might become precious. Of course, if one buys, one must read it.

OR, do you prefer issuing them from the library and return them one you've read? I prefer this one because I don't spend any penny and have the pleasure reading it.

Jia thumbnail
i normally don't buy books, coz i buy enough text books. :p but i love to borrow it from friends or the library. :)
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I hardly buy any books 😕 I have better avenues to spend my money on. Plus, the library has a great collection, so why not utilise the facility?
Morgoth thumbnail
Initially, the place where I lived had NO library facilities. So I was forced to buy all the books that I wanted to read. Being a voracious reader of fiction, I tended to spend all my allowance on that, much to the charign of my parents. 😆

Now, since I have a library close to where I live, I don't buy any books; I borrow them.  

He has appeared in Tamanna and AazmayishEdited by Naina_Manam - 17 years ago
Tearðrops thumbnail
I loved going to the library with my dad, i'd always get the max. allowance which was 8 😉 I've only ever bought a few books those of which were highly recommended and i couldn't wait to read them. There was a big gap where i hardly read books becuase i'd found passion for other things and no time for books.
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Though I do go  to library but most of the time I spend most of money by buying loads of book. Some times even after reading it from library I do end up buying same books if I found that interesting .*sigh*
Sand thumbnail
I am in between, depending on the book... If it is something that I know I will use often, then I definitely buy it (even if I'm broke 🤢). Also, I buy all the books that are related to my profession because I want to have them forever 😊 It sucks though coz just this semester I have spent around $600+ in books alone 😭 But if it is a book that I just need to read and be done with, then I just borrow from the library. The thing is I love writing notes and making marks on my books so I usually have to buy them otherwise our neighborhood library will be very unhappy 😆😆 Also, I am weird coz I love shopping in a bookstore 😳!! It's like going to a candy store for me 😆 Edited by Sand - 17 years ago
Virgo_Stars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Toronto libraries have excellent collection of books so i usually just take a trip to the library and get the book i want. it doesn't cost a cent and its in great comdition so i take this option. 😛
PixieDust91 thumbnail
It depends on the book for me. If I have to read the book for a class, I buy it. If I find something intersting at the library or bookstore, I buy it. I like collecting books. I have over 120 books(including japanese manga).

I don't really like getting books for libraries, if I check out a book and like it, most likely, I'll buy it.