datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
"The respect of parent's freedom to educate their children according to their vision of what education should be has been part of international human rights standards since their very emergence."   
-Special Rapporteur to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights 8th April 1999

Do you think schooling kids at home is a good choice?   

Are home schooled kids well equipped to face the real world? Or does home schooling shelter them?    

Other points you'd like to add?

Do participate in this discussion!
PreetsEdited by datspreets - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

There are advantages of studying at home which are firstly, you can study at your own pace! You get private attention by your tutor and are helped at any time you need it! Most important is the fact that you are less likely to be encouraged by students who do not work as if you were to study at school/college! Also some children produce Juvenile delinquency when they are around students from a bad society! Therefore I would say studying privitely at home is a better choice๐Ÿ˜ณ

CHEERS!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by radha07 - 17 years ago
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I haven't come accross any home-schooled kids india, I'm sure they do exist, but never had a chnace to interact with them, so my view point maybe very in-accurate.

I personally feel that home-schooled kids are sheltered and may lose out on many daily lessons we learn in school. Agree, the study maybe more focussed, but interaction with the real world is important to succeed in life!

Preets
*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

hmm...no I don't think it is...

Are home schooled kids well equipped to face the real world? Or does home schooling shelter them?

no coz for a few yrs I used to study at home...because the situation was like that...that I had to study at home... and u know when I went to actual school...I had a really hard time...because I was really shy and couldn't communicate well with my classmates... so I think home schooled kids...might become very smart because their parents really working hard on them...but they would lack some social and commmunication skills ๐Ÿ˜Š 

der more exposed to da outa world if dey study at a state skool !!! n dats a gud fing so ye
CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail
skooling kids at home is not good in my opinion cuz kids who study independently tend to be less outgoing which is not a healthy thing
*Spandana* thumbnail
schooling at home is not a good choice. bez the parent should be well educated at the same time very attentive towards their kid. its hard for a parent to be a full teacher and so the role playing and effectiveness decreases.

i think tht home schooling shelter them just bez they lack the exposer to people and environment.
but to my surprise, my cousines r home schooled who talk more effectivly to stranger compared to me(i went to school) ๐Ÿ˜†
thanks to their parents
mellisai thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: datspreets

yes & no! it's a good choice because because kids tend to learn more when they're by themselves, without friends. on the other hand, it's also a bad choice because the kid misses out on working with others/ideas - the kid would not know pples ideas ect.  

definitely shelters them because they're missing out on the real world by learning at home... so it shelters them!   

Other points you'd like to add?
there are positive and negative points about schooling at home... it's up to the childrens/parents to decide whether to send them to school ot keep them at home!

Preets

Great discussion questions Preets!
Sri๐Ÿ˜‰