Harry Potter V Lord of the Rings?

Posted: 17 years ago

So which one do you prefer?

The HP books or TLOTR

Personally i prefer the HP books, they are more interesting and J.K Rowlong never leaves you disappointed in the book

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bluelotus thumbnail
It definitely is Harry potter. JK Rowling has a unique style of expressing things.You will never find the books boring.In fact you will find it difficult to put the book down once you starts reading. While the story line of LOTR is interesting,the narration occassionally becomes too much descriptive and often quite boring.

In HP series, the books are more interesting than the movies but I feel that LOTR movies are more fun than reading the books. Edited by bluelotus - 17 years ago
Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
definitely harry potter! i can read those books over and over again! bt the films are bad for hp but brilliant for LOTR. i can wtch LOTR over and over again bt find the book ok.
preity*zinta thumbnail
I've never read Lord of the Rings, I've heard a lot bout it .. but Nothing can beat Harry Potter.. J.K Rowlings is AMAZING! .. I love each and every HP book .. I just love how all the stories in HP play out
PixieDust91 thumbnail
I personally like Harry Potter better, but you can't really say one's better than the other. It depends on your likes and dislikes. =)
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
ohk...i'd say i like both😊 though LOTR is a literature classic that has withstanded the test of time and it's pretty much the one that paved the way for all the similar books that followed it (ie. Harry Potter, Narnia, Eragon, etc.)... there is also a loads similarities between two for example Both had dark lords (LOTR - Sauron and HP - Voldemort)
dannyk thumbnail
i will prefer HP .. between am haven't read TLOTR
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Harry Potter... I haven't read Lord of the Rings, but I've heard about it, and it seems very similar.... But still I'd prefer Harry Potter... There's something about JO's magic!!! πŸ˜ƒ
cool_pooja thumbnail
I havnt read Lord of Rings so i really cant comment bec in order to comment i need to read both. As far as HP is concerned, im a huge fan of it and im in all praises of it. πŸ˜ƒ
Adi''s_GirL thumbnail
i tried reading LOTR but got lost half way thru... the narration is way too
detailed and the english is way too complicated... after i'd finish reading a
page or two, i'd have to go back to what i read before to understand what's
happening... this is the reason i prefer Harry Potter over LOTR... both are
great stories but JKR's writing style just keeps you glued to the books... she
gives enough details but never too much to move away from the story...

LOTR is more for the adult reader but HP is for anyone and everyone