Article==Daughter's debut on stage

maneet.n.shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Daughter's debut on stage

Apra Mehta known popularly as Savita in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi has her daughter Khushali debuting on Gujarati stage. A mother's introduction!

Apra Mehta's daughter Khushali will soon be seen on stage in a Gujarati play. The 21-year-old has written the play "Marriage Ma Masti Masti Ma Marriage" she will debut in, herself. It is the story of the relationship between a daughter and her parents. Apra is playing her mother's part in the play. Phiroz Bhagat, the director, is also producing and acting in MMMMMM. He plays Khushali's father. Apra introduces her daughter to Indya.com…

Khushali has grown up amongst poets, musicians and writers…
Both my husband Rajiv and I are well known stage and TV actors. Khushali has grown up in the atmosphere of poets, musicians and authors. Her father had suggested the subject to her when she was a kid. The subject stuck in her mind and she kept working on it. Khushali had first penned 12-15 pages, which she showed Phiroz, who immediately said we would work on the subject. I had asked her to flesh out the characters. Khushali can't write Gujarati, so Pravin Solanki, the famous Gujarati playwright is penning her thoughts.

I'm teaching her things like body language…
Theatre teaches you something new each time you perform and we call every show "prayog" which means experiment. So acting in plays is not simple. I'm teaching Khushali things like body language and suggesting changes in her dialogue delivery's technique. A play should be simple and the audience should understand it. It should be different and at the same time it should fix into the commercial frame. As a new writer Khushali has learnt this. I attend her rehearsals and give the finishing touches to her performance…

She never watches Hindi serials…
She never watches Hindi serials. She likes to watch National Geographic and Discovery. She is always busy in reading or working on her computer.

Khushali goes for auditions, but I have never seen her on the camera, so I can't say kind of role will suits her.

There are some very brilliant Marathi and Gujarati stage actors who never do serials. But if an interesting offer comes along in the field she will surely accept.

• Sonali Joshi                 
  • Thursday, 1 February, 2007
  • Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zhasan thumbnail
    Posted: 17 years ago
    tfs , chalo one more addation in the boat.