Fill in the blanks - FRIENDSHIP analogy!!

meghavi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Friends, people say, are the blessings of god.

Even though they might be totally different than you…

Sometimes you just know it's going to work.

Today, we're going to give you the golden opportunity to tell us what your friends are to you, how much they mean to you, and just how important they are to you.

All you have to do, is THINK, and fill in the blanks to this analogy.

I am to my friends as __________ is to ______.

We know there are a lot of good writers out there, and members who can make words come alive, so we are looking forward to some excellent analogies and responses.

And, you don't need to be THE BEST, all you have to do is just fill in the blanks. =)

Leaving with a note...

With love, ❤️

Edited by meghavi - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thats really nice thanks for sharing
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I am to my friends as (food) is to a (hungry stomach), always there to refuel them with inspiration to urge them ahead in life!

PreetiEdited by datspreets - 17 years ago
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
i am to my friends as mrecury is to a test tube...

ok i have to expalain that. mercury has cohesive attraction more than adhesive meaning that it sticks to molecules of its own and doesnt seperate wherever put... the way i am with my friends... always together and not changing even in change of location...

and ya if u all really must know i am studiying for my preboads right now!
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I am to my friends as God is to His subjects...😆

Ok, more seriously, I am to my friends as blood is to a heart...

I am to my friends as drugs are to an addict! 😉

coolniyu thumbnail
hi!! ill come up with my analogy later...[ysh urs is perfect]...
but id like to disagree with sumthin...
meghavi,u posted a pic saying tht the secret of friendship is being a good listener...
well i dont agree...well not completely...see it takes two ppl to be friends...so if one of them is a good listener it only follows tht the other is a good talker...hence keeping up with the laws of balance in nature!!😆
hence also proving y ysh n me are two of the most perfect best friends in da world 😉
😳
illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
awwwww....tht is soooo nice...thanxkx alott meghavi dii for sharinggg....

Saraa
bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
hey this is AMAZING!!

and wow, we got great thinkers out there! all the analogies r awesome!

im not so good, but ill have a shot! 😆

I am to my friends as Life is to Death.

ie. you cant have one without the other...where there is Life, there is also Death...*shrugs* Edited by bewafa - 17 years ago
HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

i am to ma friends as a petal is to a flower. If any part goes away,falls apart, it will leave da whole group effected

=====

A rapturous welcome 

to our esteemed writers of this forum.

It’s our writers who make this forum so popular. 

They attract readers from all over the globe 

like bees to honey
Here we come with a new attractive contest.

Loads of prizes assured . 😉

As the title says it’s a micro fiction contest so please limit your word count 150-250 . 
Title to your entry is optional , it will not be counted in word count 

Your fiction must have LGBTQ element .

Please feel free to help yourself to any one  or more gifts (prompts) from the baskets given below . 

B530FA91-4F01-473A-8F3B-2194F6A3A3B4.png…. not wishing to annoy the boss, he reluctantly joins his unfriendly colleague ….

B530FA91-4F01-473A-8F3B-2194F6A3A3B4.png….while searching the  attic they locate an old journal and are shocked to …..

B530FA91-4F01-473A-8F3B-2194F6A3A3B4.png…. a friendly alien arrives on earth and finds a group of …. 

B530FA91-4F01-473A-8F3B-2194F6A3A3B4.png…. shares with his girlfriend how he was adopted by his loving parents …

B530FA91-4F01-473A-8F3B-2194F6A3A3B4.png….she wakes on an ordinary morning to a knock on the door .. she is taken aback as she sees …..

B530FA91-4F01-473A-8F3B-2194F6A3A3B4.png…. while talking to the patient on the next bed he realises they are not strangers .. their paths have crossed earlier….

B530FA91-4F01-473A-8F3B-2194F6A3A3B4.png.. police look with annoyance at the nonagenarian limping into their police station … soon they are startled at her confessions and the detailed revelations ….

B530FA91-4F01-473A-8F3B-2194F6A3A3B4.png…. feeling frustrated with the crumpled sheets all over n the kitchen sink filled with coffee mugs …. she whispers a few words into his ears and …BINGO !!!…. his eyes light up …

Please pick up your devices and start playing with your nimble fingers and spin your tales … getting stuck ??….. Start dreaming in your minds and let the stories flow out freely … gushing like a mountain stream. 

You can submit any number of entries any genre. 

Deadline is 15 Apr 2023 , 2359 hrs .

Edited by Sutapasima - 1 years ago
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

hmmm.....am to my friend as body is to soul...both r incomplete with out other

2748BEAD-0CCC-4A46-A3BB-B45D87985040.png
252A02F4-D36E-4431-A1A4-372861AB4AFB.png

Edited by Sutapasima - 1 years ago