Health & Fitness

Benefits Of Green Tea

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Benefits Of Green Tea

The Benefits Of Green Tea: Follow The Three Es

When one thinks of a cup of tea, it often brings up a plethora of images, memories and ideas. It rekindles memories of cold nights by the fireplace, while for others, it's gallons of sun tea brewing on the back porch. Out of all the teas available out there, one of the most popular to brew is green tea. The benefits of green tea are numerous, ranging from the flavor to the health benefits. Read below for the three Es of green tea: Enjoyment, energy, and essential health benefits.

Enjoyment

One of the simplest benefits of green tea is the sheer enjoyment that goes along with a soothing cup of green tea. With its light, delicate flavor and its ability to complement breakfasts, lunch and dinner make this drink a favorite. Green tea can be served with or without sweetener, and is fabulous with honey. In addition to being served hot, green tea is now being served as a cold bottled beverage or as a component of smoothies or frappes. So now, even in the hot summer days, you can enjoy the flavor of green tea.

Energy

In addition to enjoyment, another benefit of green tea is the energy factor. Like coffee, green tea has caffeine. While there is less caffeine contained in green tea, the tea is a great way to get you over that late afternoon hump. And the smaller dose of caffeine is actually a benefit of green tea -- while the caffeine is just enough to give you a boost, for many people it does so without creating the jittery, anxious feeling that other caffeinated beverages can cause. So the next time you make your way to the coffee machine in your office, consider instead pouring a hot cup of water and dipping in a bag of green tea.

Essential Health Benefits

Enjoyment and energy are two great benefits of green tea, but perhaps the greatest benefit is the health benefits that are becoming increasingly more associated with drinking green tea. Green tea is chock full of antioxidants, those wild little particles that counterbalance free radicals. Free radicals are produced as a result of our bodies' natural metabolic processes, and can cause damage to our cells. By counterbalancing these free radicals, antioxidants prevent some of this damage. But regardless of which 'E' has you interested in green tea, follow the urge to grab a cup and enjoy. 😳

Edited by Pensacola.S_02 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Naina_Manam thumbnail
******* More suitable to Health and Fitness Section, Thus, am moving it.
i dun lyk any sort of tea tho 😭
mesmerized thumbnail
T4S

I hate green tea unless i add milk n apparently by adding milk all its benefits dnt wrk 🤔
CuteFairy91 thumbnail
Thnx.. Great post... I like tea but not green tea.. 😳 I will try drinking it.. 😳 Thnx for the wonderful post again.. 😃
1mangalore thumbnail
you don,t add milk in green tea.