Paranormal

Are we all born for a purpose?

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
So, we are born, people adore us, we cry, we laugh, we grow, we fall in love, study, marry, create babies...die...but why are we born in the first place?

Do you guys think we're here-each one of us- for some purpose?
If yes, what is the purpose?
Do we humans have different purposes/is it one common purpose?

Preeti

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tearðrops thumbnail
I also wonder what our purpose is in life. I would like to believe we are all born for a purpose.
Our individual goals and achievements are different in life. Whereas, our purpose, i think, may be the same.

What are your views?   
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
haha, azzy i was waiting for the views of others, before giving my own.

I think we all are definitely here for a purpose.I think the purpose is to learn to be free from material greed, and grow on the personal front. I firmly believe that we humans have various stages/levels in life. Once we learn something in one lifetime, our level is raised, its only when we learn what we are intended to learn completely, that we get MOKSHA!
Naina_Manam thumbnail
We all like to believe that we all are born for a purpose because no one wants to be purposeless, right?

But more than that I do think that we are all born for a purpose, what exactly that purpose is only God knows but as we grow up and mature we begin to learn what our purpose in life is.  Sometimes it is just to help and spread love for some people, for others it is bigger than that.. Some people just fail to realize their purpose on Earth.  But we definitely are born for a purpose.. nothing is useless.
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

here is my two cents

I am not sure if anyone could lead a life without a purpose. Whether it is a desirable one or not, we all have a purpose. We get up in the mornings for a reason. We may not like it;we might regret/hate it but we do. In the great scheme of things, our purpose and existence might seem insignificant and even trivial but the sand grain does not stop existing because of its size and if it finds its way into your shoes, it might feel like it is much bigger than its actual size.

dannyk thumbnail
i will say we required to define the purpose of the life .. god is great .. he is given us everything with out expecting anything from us .. he given us lot of choices .. its on us which one we required to follow .. as on the basis of our choice we get the things in our life..
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well i strongly believe in reincarnation and i think we are all born to do our karams in this life...like when you left something adhoora in your past life, you'll be born again to do that..., confusing nah?? but i think that's the main purpose!!

i heard this somewhere..that..scientifically - we r born to give birth to babies n to took this world forward
but religiously - god has created us so that we can dedicate r lives to him by praying n praising him n 4 thanking him that he has given us a chance to b a human
sareeta thumbnail
Nice post Preeths...

This is my first post ever in this section and this post caught my attention....

Purpose of life.. eh? Well..I have always wondered what specific thing I was supposed to do before I die, that was basically meant for me to do... and well when I asked this as a kid , I never got any convincing answers , but I learnt to stay quiet and figure it out myself, someday...

I believe we are made aware of our purpose in a way sometimes quite odd , sometimes quite obvious, often considered aftermaths or afterthoughts of some major life changing incidents. But at the end of the day , its The Calling that we all say, that made us do what we did. And it is this calling that I believe is the call that is is the voice of our heart that tells us what we are meant to do... in life? Its our heart that guides and as the wise say, the voice of heart is the voice of the god, then the calling is indeed the realization of the purpose of life!!!

My 2 cents ....
Edited by sareeta - 17 years ago
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I think, yes we all do have a purpose, some are not as cut and dried as a priest's, or as obvious as a skilled surgeon serving the poor. But in our own way, some Force has placed us here. It may seem a very average drudgery moving from day to day doing nothing overly useful (in our eyes) but the bigger picture is definitely set.

Your worth could be you giving a few coins to a beggar at a crucial point, or a vague smile to someone contemplating suicide, just know that somehow, somwehere and at some time, its all meant to be and there is a purpose to it all! 😳

This question, I am sure has crossed everyone's minds at some point or the other, and maybe has been answered, or not. I am sure there are many arguements but above is just my view. 😳