PICTURE GALLERY FOR JHJL(NO COMMENTS) - Page 3

Posted: 17 years ago

Did you have to prepare yourself for the come- back? Oh yes. I had gained weight after my two deliveries. But once I took on this show, then I took to the gym with a vengeance. Also, I had to get used to the filmi lan- guage. The first few days seemed strange. I was used to communi- cating in our everyday language for the past five years. But on the first day of the shoot, I had to say lines like 'Mrityu ki chaadar odhi hai' which brought me back to tinsel town with a jolt. Now I am more comfortable with the dialogue-baazi. How are you striking a balance between home and work? It was killing in the beginning. But thankfully, my mom put her life on hold and has come over to look after the kids. Also, I realise how little we thank our maids. I have a very effi- cient help around me which makes life easy for me. I do miss fussing over my kids all day. I get to see them only early in the mornings because I return late from the shoots. How encouraging was Ashutosh (Rana) about your return to acting? If it wasn't for his encourage- ment, then I wouldn't be here. I was happy looking after my home and children, but it was my husband who egged me on to get back to acting. I'm unambitious but he wouldn't allow me to waste my talent. What's the response? Oh, it's been lovely. The other day Shweta Kawaatra met me and said that she was happy to see me back. It felt very good. There are others too who have expressed their pleasure, which makes me feel that I was indeed missed. It also makes me a little scared because now I have the added pressure to meet the expectations of my audiences. I dread to think that if I am not able to put the needed intensity in the role than it wouldn't be worth the while. What did you do while at home? I was busy writing a script. It's a psychological thriller with the backdrop of a mother-child rela- tionship. I am waiting for a good producer, so that I could direct it. Are you considering films or other shows too? There's no time to consider any- thing else. But I would definitely not do two things at the same time.
Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago

Holi time on the sets of Solhah Singaar and Jeete Hain…

Jeete hain doston ke liye - In the meanwhile, on the sets of Sony's Jeete Hain Jiske Liye, lead actors Ayub Khan and Ritu Raj reveled on the pretext of this festivity. This episode will go on air on 7th March

How long will this Holi session last? Ritu Raj seems to be pondering in a corner, maybe waiting for the shot to wind up fast

But I'll grin n bear it! - Sporting a Chandani look, Smita Bansal happily poses for the lenses

Bura na mano Holi hain - The cast of Jeete Hain… bonded big time and filled the air with prismatic colours and their giggles

Renuka Shahane and Ayub Khan in Jeete Hain Jiske Liye

Renuka Shahane, along with her co-actors of Jeete Hain Jiske Liye, had an unpleasant experience at a restaurant recently, when they were denied entry for being covered with Holi colours. The cast had been shooting for a Holi sequence at Madh Island, and decided to go out for a five-star lunch before washing up. However, inspite of them revealing their identities as TV stars, the actors were turned away from the hotel, much to their anger and dismay. Renuka .

Rituraj Singh aka Tarun in the serial

SET's New Soap Virrudh Launch

TV stars glitter at store opening

A new fashion destination, La Kaira ((meaning rising of the sun) was unveiled by owner and designer Kaira Gurnani. The opening saw celebrity guests turning up to extend their wishes. Seen here are Kaira, jewellery designer Amisha Khanna and TV actor Pooja Ghai (who was accompanied by her alleged boyfriend Vikas Kalantri).

Kalsekar has a thing for experimentation and has sported four different looks for four different shows
As Blunt As It Gets: As Adira Bua in Jeete Hai Jiske Liiye