Edited by virgoqueen - 17 years ago
Posted: 17 years ago

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago
Nasseruddin Shah to do a cameo
in Karamchand

SET seems to have struck a gold mine with the relaunch of Karamchand, the carrot munching detective serial. The show has not only interested the audiences but also one of the most accomplished actor of our times--- Naseeruddin Shah Adds the versatile actor, "I used to regularly watch the first season of Karamchand. I think, it created a new genre with a likeable character in the lead. I always wanted to be a part of it, so this time when director Pankaj Parashar spoke to me about a cameo appearance, I grabbed it. "

Naseer will appear as a lawyer in a murder case, in the upcoming episode to be aired on 10th March. "The best part is that the audience will not be able to know whether I am on the defence or the prosecution side till the end. My character is one of a legal shark who knows all the loop holes in the law and always gets his way", says the actor.

Naseer and Pankaj Kapur go a long way. They first met in 1973 when both did a play together and since then have acted in Jalwa Mandi, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron and more recently Maqbool.

Elaborating further on his role, Naseer says, "I respect Pankaj as an actor and am happy to do a serial where he plays the lead. But unfortunately, we only have one scene together. I would actually love to share more screen space together. But then finally it's the director's call. I am also a bit surprised as to why Sushmita was not retained as Kitty since she has played a crucial role in making the original show a big success. Sucheta, who plays the new Kitty has a challenging job fitting into the shoes of Sushmita."

When queried on why he doesn't do more of television, the actor says, "I find the medium too taxing, you have to do a certain number of scenes every day, which I regard too much of a strain. Also, till now not too many interesting scripts have come my way which will encourage me to work that tad harder. It's really sad that the same old stuff is being recycled. People defend their lack of creativity by saying that the audiences are lapping up the current saas bahu sagas. You cannot blame the public because if you keep giving them the same content they are bound to get addicted to it."

Whenever this actor turned director gets a little time he watches cricket, news and old films on. He adds, "I avoid watching serials for they end up going nowhere and besides if you miss one episode, you loose the link as well".

Finally the actor says that the second season of Karamchand is going to be equally exciting as the earlier series. Well, can we dispute what the experienced actor has to say? Not at all!!