Posted: 17 years ago

Tagline: Never fall in love with someone who is a killer

Prologue

'Get him the medicines, you fool. He's having an attack.'

'Whβ€”What?'

'Get him the damn medicines. Don't you see he might die if you don't bring it, and FAST!.'

It was the drama of every morning. Sometimes, I wonder why God is even keeping him alive. He's not that old, no, merely twenty two, but has an acute case of schizophrenia. His convulsions reek me to the very core.

He was young, handsome, had sharp features that any girl would die for. But every morning, I had to come in to see him have an attack of epilepsy. Maybe he's suffering from bad karma of previous ages, like many people would say, but I don't believe it. I don't believe in all that superstitions. I stand up, looking at the crowd of staff dispersing, as I go ahead to check on him.

He's opening his eyes and scrutinizing everyone, just like the way he does it every morning.

'Nβ€”Nurse.' He calls out softly, and I run to him.

'Yes, dear?'

He indicates water, and I signal someone nearby to get it. The hospital of the Institute of Psychological Disorders, of IPD as people call it, was severely under nourished. But I never forget to take care of that boy. Maybe I have a soft spot for him, everyone would if they see him.

His black hair was parted almost halfway through the middle, and it fell onto his faces in thick heavy locks. His eyes have a Mongolian characteristic, which I suppose is a side effect of the rotten disease he has. His lips are always twitching upwards, from smiling or grimacing I cannot say. I look around the room, taking in the bland colors of the hospital walls, with only a calendar hanging in a far corner. This was his best time of the day, I mused, and he would normally spend the day convulsing or hallucinating.

It was time for a change of colors in his room, I repeat to myself, and maybe that would cheer him up.

I look at him once again, and see him staring out the window with glassy eyes, as if he were far – far away. I tentatively put a hand on his back, and he doesn't jerk it off. Instead he looks up at me, and I notice the color of his eyes. They are almost black, almost, with a  trace of abnormal grey, which makes them look so innocent, so full of life, and so.. .healthy.

I turn away from him, but he notices.

'Don't cry, Nurse.' He whispers, 'I will die a hero's death, I promise you.' Edited by devilangel - 17 years ago
i know i said i wont continue before next saturday, but i just couldnt help it. i have been concentrating on this for quite a while..and i've gotten an offer for publishing :D  and so i posted it here.

Its basically about a scizophrenic man and his fight with life. there will be some romance and thrills, but dont worry he will not fall in love with the nurse, in case you're wondering.

i hope you like the prologue.. and please do keep commenting on my story if you like it. if you dont, please say so .. and i promise i will discontinue.. ohh.. and every chapter will not be in the POV of the nurse, but when it's 'I' its the nurse..

do comment guys, and hope you like it.

shreyasi Edited by devilangel - 17 years ago
Shreyasi,

Congrats on your publishing offer! It's a great achievement. Where do you plan to get published? - India or France? ( as i see you stay in France - ur profile)

This is a very nice prologue. Sets the mood for the story, yet not very revealing!

Look forward to reading this!
Are you going to gte this published? πŸ˜• or have something else in the making too?

Preeti
πŸ‘ πŸ‘ its really very gud shreyu!! πŸ˜ƒ
n congoo on ur publishing offer!!! πŸ‘
continue fast gurl, m waiting!!!!! 😳

Originally posted by datspreets

Shreyasi,

Congrats on your publishing offer! It's a great achievement. Where do you plan to get published? - India or France? ( as i see you stay in France - ur profile)

This is a very nice prologue. Sets the mood for the story, yet not very revealing!

Look forward to reading this!
Are you going to gte this published? πŸ˜• or have something else in the making too?

Preeti

i think till now its settled in france.. and yes, this is the one im hoping to get published, but ive shortened it to post it here,, because the original is quite long..

thanks for liking itt!!

dat was rockin shreyasi! πŸ‘ n CONGO 4 receivin da offer! πŸ‘ plzzzz do post da next part asap πŸ˜‰
Wow! Congrats. Definitely publishing material from what little you have posted.

When will we see your book in the stores?
heya shreyasi 😳
i knew this would be good even before reading it πŸ˜†-from ur fic days πŸ˜‰
really good story-seems quite mysterious..cnt w8 to read more πŸ˜‰
cont soon,n congrats on ur publishing offer πŸ€— Edited by coolniyu - 17 years ago
Nice! I am very very intrigued to know how this fits in with what we have just read.
[quote]Never fall in love with someone who is a killer[/quote]
hey shreayasi!
its great
i really like your wirting and congrats on ur publishing offer!
its really wonderful and hope o read more@@@
congrats again