I wana play a duble role of father&son-ra

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
"I want to play a double role of a father and son ...."

Rahil Azam, the six feet tall hunk, who is still remembered for his super-heroic act as Hatim, is currently enjoying his tapori avatar in Star One's Betiyaan Apni Paraya Dhan.

In a candid conversation with Prashant Golecha, the actor who hails from Bangalore chats about current and past projects.

"Actually I was the original first choice for the role of Vedant"

How's the tapori act of Vedant in Betiyan….been so far?
I am happy doing this unique role, which is multi-faced and unpredictable. What I am doing is the transparent visualization of the writer. Actually I was the original first choice for this character but couldn't accept it as I was already committed to Resham Dank.

Don't you think you are too good-looking for the role of a goon?
It is a misconception! There are so many people says from labour class, technicians, rickshaw drivers, spot boys who are very presentable. Yes, a lot of people have told me that that I look like a hero. But in my opinion a hero is one who can do any kind of a role. And Vedant's characterization is such that I get ample scope to perform.

You replaced Manish Goyal in this show. Do you think successor takes time in gaining acceptance?
It is not easy always. It depends on the actor's convincing power. With due respect to whosoever does the role initially, whoever is convincing stays. A living example is my character Ashmit in Yeh Meri Life Hai. I was replaced due to some reasons and within a month I was called back!

And your association with Sujoy Wadhwa and his production house Sphere Origin?
I had a brief acquaintance with Sujoyji a year and a half back when I was slated to do Star One's Don with him. Unfortunately, the character demanded an older guy so I lost the opportunity. I couldn't make it for Betiyaan.... too as I have mentioned earlier, but better late than never, my wish has been fulfilled.

"A hero is one who can do any kind of a role"

What kind of roles are you looking forward to now?
I want to play the double role of a father and son in the same show. Also, I would love to do a comic caper. I feel it is one of my strengths. Comedy requires body language and it should be so pocker-faced that you deliver a line and the audience goes in splits.

No saas bahu sagas on the agenda?
I think these days only socials sell, so why not?

What was your reaction when Resham Dank was pulled off air all of a sudden?
I was yawning! It was stale news to me and I asked my boy to make tea for me. Later, I called a couple of my friends and went for dinner. I believe in perfection and when things don't go according to what has been told to me I just dust away my interest. But it was an honour to work with Aatish Kapadia (Hats Off Production). He is a brilliant writer and the best narrator I have come across so far in my career
Any interesting fan experience you can recall?
Recently two girls from Los Angles landed at my pad where one of the girls used to call me seventy times at night, and when I answered she just said a hello.

Describe the real Rahil Azam?
I am still discovering myself. All I can say is that I am a very God fearing and love and respect my parents unlimitedly.

cheers

resh