Old Friends:One of Life's Best Treasures?

Posted: 17 years ago

Friends forever 

As we live life, and get older (unfortunately 😛😆) we will always remember people we've met eversince we were little kids. 😃 The people who have always been there for us, eversince we can remember.  The people whose presence we've grown up in...

</>

Our old friends.

We will remember the countless times when we've took out our photo albums...and looked at picture of us, and ...

Our old friends.

Mr. Ralph Waldo Emerson, I certainly agree with you 😉

Now, in this topic, we are actually going to be discussing a quote.  No, not the one above, but, another one.

😊

'Make new friends keep the old, one is silver, the other gold.'

1.)  What do you guys think about the quote?

2.)  What do you think, are old friends one of life's best treasures?  And is 'old' really 'gold?' 😃

Enjoy Discussing!!!

Edited by meghavi - 17 years ago
nice topic!
well..certainly old is gold! 😳
yes..one is silver and another is gold.
I still remember my frends...in my old skool..they were so wacko and crazy like me..we used to do a lot of dhammal!I loved it!
I meet dem once in the shopping mall..and i was extremely happy to c me so they were!More than my new sweet frends..I will always miss my old frends.!They were so nice,so cute and so sweet.
Sumtimes...i am sad to c that my other new frends..dun't have a touch wid the old one..!
very sad!
Yes frendship is priceless!Frends r like a treasue!Once u lost dem.itz difficult to geyt dem back!!
So yep..i do believe in this very strong quote! 😳
Frends and frendship Rocks! 😳
old is always gold.
but for me memories are live in my heart as i dont have any contact of my old school days friends.

my school days friens are anitha, sheeba, sowumya, priya prithi.. hope they remember me. if they visit here :

A VERY BIG HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI TO ALL OF U.

BUT NOW I HAVE NEW FRIENDS AT THE FORUM.

AND A GREAT HAAI TO ALL OF U AT THE FORUM. HOPE U PEOPLE RECIPROCATE TO MY FRIENDSHIP. 😛
Awesome post, Megh! 😊

And I do also agree with RWE!

I do certainly agree with the quote. Life is nothing with the friends.  You should always continue on making new friends but never forget the old ones.  Friends are a treasure that one can cherish for all of their lives.  I still cherish all my friends and remember all the moments I spent with them.  Even though my best and oldest friend is not with me anymore, I can never forget her and all the moments I spent with her only bring a smile on my face.

2.)  What do you think, are old friends one of life's best treasures?  And is 'old' really 'gold?' 😃

Oh, of course they are!! Friends are life's best treasures, certainly.  You see the thing is that the relatinshops we are born iwth... can't really do anything to them or choose since they are our blood relations.. Good or bad we have live with those relationships but friends are people we choose to discuss ourselves with.. to share our sorrows and happiness with.

If you have friends who care about you, who are ready to listen anything you have to say, who understand you, and who you know will be there when no one else is, then I must say you are the luckiest person on Earth!

Originally posted by meghavi

Friends forever 

As we live life, and get older (unfortunately 😛😆) we will always remember people we've met eversince we were little kids. 😃 The people who have always been there for us, eversince we can remember.  The people whose presence we've grown up in...

</>

Our old friends.

We will remember the countless times when we've took out our photo albums...and looked at picture of us, and ...

Our old friends.

Mr. Ralph Waldo Emerson, I certainly agree with you 😉

Now, in this topic, we are actually going to be discussing a quote.  No, not the one above, but, another one.

😊

Enjoy Discussing!!!

what a wonderful post yaar Meghavi! even i have to agree  completely with  Mr. Ralph Waldo Emerson!!

Quote:

well i love the quote and i can say a lovely quote, which i often use for my friends, esp when we are far away from each other! 

yeah, i strongly believe that old friends are one of Life's best treasures!! Old is Really Gold! the memories you've shared with those old friends stay with you through your life. that's why we always look back to our photo album, to re-live those memorable moments of life!! 👏 i've one Good old friend left, which i've been knowing since i was 4 years old and no matter how much we've grown apart from eac hother ,we stil lcare for each other and this week i'm attending her shaadi!!😛 i'm so excited!😉

i loved the quote..i still luv my old friendz..they r awesomeee...reallyy special to mee 😳 😳 😳
Absolutely true quote.....

Friends r friends....be it old or new...the new can never replace the old.And ppl say that u always tend to forget ur old friends.I dun think so.I actually tend to forget the friend of mine a year ago but my friend since my sixth standard is my best firend and I haven't forgotten her yet.May the bond grows and strengthens as the time passes.

That doesn't mean new friends do not bond well.After 10 years or so...my new friends at present will become my old friends.And old is gold..

So,I guess its the time that plays an imp role.

Swapna-mobile 😳
nice post...adn i def agree tht old is gold.....and the quote is awesum...thankxx altot for this wonderful topic! 👏 👏 😳

Saraa

Definitely!

I'm in Bangalore now, and used to stay in Mumbai.... I have some of the most amazing friends in the world out here, which I've made over a period of 3 years, and I have loads of best friends, but I will never ever forget my friends at Mumbai... They're those treasures you know... The best part is, we all are in contact, so we never feel cut off in any way... Hehe, I still get the same joy in meeting them as 3 years ago... (I'll be meeting them this summer)....

And the part about being stupid with friends, I completely agree!!! They're the only people in the world with whom I can be my childish and silly self, always playful and never bothering about anything! And the best part is, no matter what I do, they'll still be my friends, so I have no botheration of whether I look like a fool.....

Old is gold, yes.... But so is new.... Friendship is golden, and I guess that's the base line. 😛

certainly old frnds r veryyy precious....my school frnds whn i c dere fotos i feel sooo happy....all d golden moments 😳 😳 😳

and now aftr nt hving contact wid dem fr yrs whn u meet sum1 on d net 😃 😃 ....omggggggg d happiness s soooooooo much 😃 😃 .....u r like wowwwww our old frnd 😳 😳