Silky, Straight hair

Naina_Manam thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Hey Friends,

Well, before I present you with my question, let me tell you a small story first.

I have a friend who just loves straight and silky hair but she has curly hair and its not really silky either.  I have straight and silky hair naturally.  Now, everyday she asks me what I use and what kind of straighteners etc. I use.  And everyday I tell her that I don't use anything special with my hair.

She is just obsessed with silky straight hair so can you guys help me give her some tips for that??

She, like me, doesn't like to use a lot of artificial products... So any tips/remedies you can suggest will be really appreciated.

If you think any products really work well, please do post about them too!

Thanks in advance!

Love,

Naina ❤️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Aaaw! Shame! I am obsessed with straight hair as well... 😳

I think she can try the GHD hair iron to straighten hair. It also doesn't damage the hair like other professional irons. To keep her hair from getting damaged she can use the redken heat protecter gel. It is water based instead of oil based so it prevents the hair from getting greasy quickly.

This is what I use, so I know it works. I can't really say anything about other products cos I know nothing about it. The GHD is a bit pricey, but is a good investment for yourself coz it gives excellent results 😃

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I think if she oils her hair with coconut oil(parachute)the night before shampooing her hair, it'll not need any conditioning and they do become shinier and softer. Ir works well for me.

I too have staright hair, which are soft and silky! She can also comb her hair more often, that lends a shine to the hair!
1mangalore thumbnail
Originally posted by: DivyaD

Aaaw! Shame! I am obsessed with straight hair as well... 😳

I think she can try the GHD hair iron to straighten hair. It also doesn't damage the hair like other professional irons. To keep her hair from getting damaged she can use the redken heat protecter gel. It is water based instead of oil based so it prevents the hair from getting greasy quickly.

This is what I use, so I know it works. I can't really say anything about other products cos I know nothing about it. The GHD is a bit pricey, but is a good investment for yourself coz it gives excellent results 😃

what is GHD😕

blooper58 thumbnail
Originally posted by: 1mangalore

what is GHD😕

It's a hair straightening iron (GHD = Good Hair Day).

Edited by blooper58 - 17 years ago
Naina_Manam thumbnail
Thanks Divya and Preets!!

I will lend her some of these useful tips. 😳
use a ghd straightener as mentioned alredy ! i got one, it woz damn expensive, i got mines for 100 😕
but wickd results !!! damn smooth straight hair, juz lyk dey do in da salons s o ye 😛
At the salon they said Mustard Oil is really good for your hair...
bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
heyy naina! i hav curly hair too like ur frend! n if i wnt straight hair.. i jst straighten it.. bt i dnt use any products on it at all.. n it gives me gd results! altho.. heat protection wud be a gd idea 😳 😆

as divya sed... GHDs wud be the best! bt other straighteners can be gd too!

also.. dnt brush the curls out too harshly... it can lead to broken and veryyy frizzy hair! trust me.. iv done it before.. n it hurt... n my hair ws sooo dam frizzy!! n i dint get gd sleek results after straightening either!

for shine... as datspreets sed... put oil in it overnight and wash it in the morning... 😳 😃 it reeli wrks! even with curls u get shine! 😃Edited by bollycrazy - 17 years ago
kieraknightley1 thumbnail
Yes but just to get a shine you should apply oil to your hair in moderation otherwise one can end up with greasy hair