good places to visit in India?

persistence thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hola,

It isn't really a debate topic. I wasn't sure where to ask... I see lot of people from India here... so, I ask. What are good places in India to visit? I am not a party animal ... so, any artsy, architectural, fun places .... πŸ˜ƒ

Hmm, as I write this... am reminded of a comment by my parents.... they think that India is one of the most unsafe country, where nobody respects the law, and 'dangerous' place for a girl or even a boy to go around all alone. Is it really that bad??? HOw do you live? are you not fearful of being attacked or something?

Looking fwd. to hear answers.

Persy

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: reeps

Hola,

It isn't really a debate topic. I wasn't sure where to ask... I see lot of people from India here... so, I ask. What are good places in India to visit? I am not a party animal ... so, any artsy, architectural, fun places .... πŸ˜ƒ

Hmm, as I write this... am reminded of a comment by my parents.... they think that India is one of the most unsafe country, where nobody respects the law, and 'dangerous' place for a girl or even a boy to go around all alone. Is it really that bad??? HOw do you live? are you not fearful of being attacked or something?

Persy

Go to LucknowπŸ˜ƒ

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: reeps

Hola,

Persy

Do you have any specific city or state in mind?? Or are you asking for India in general??

As for your parent's comments, it's li'l true for New Delhi though not completely. If you are talking about any other city, they are quite safe and nothing special occurs there which doesn't happen in other countries.

No we don't live in constant fear or something. Some of the cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai are very safe for girls. I'm travelling alone to different cities from the age of 15 and you're already 22, so why should you be afraid. However, before you come to India try to know the small things about the country which will keep you safe especially theft e.g. if you're travelling by train don't accept food offered by co-passengers, don't wear too many jewelleries when you're travelling by public transport, etc.

He was once an apprentice at A.Das & Co., Delhi.

Edited by Naina_Manam - 17 years ago
souro thumbnail

Originally posted by: ani11

Go to LucknowπŸ˜ƒ

So you're now officially promoting UP tourism πŸ˜† I think now Maya will come and say visit Kerala- god's own country, QT will say visit Puna with its controlled climate and rich Maratha history and Tania will vote for Hyderabad with its famous architecture and Biriyani.

BTW apart from the various historical places and buildings I also liked the look of the whole city, it has an old worldly charm about it. And I loved the Railway Station building of Lucknow, specially the old part with its fort like structure. I've heard Lucknow has changed much in recent times, haven't been there for quite some time now.

Edited by souro - 17 years ago
ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

So you're now officially promoting UP tourism πŸ˜† I think now Maya will come and say visit Kerala- god's own country, QT will say visit Puna with its controlled climate and rich Maratha history and Tania will vote for Hyderabad with its famous architecture and Biriyani.

BTW apart from the various historical places and buildings I also liked the look of the whole city, it has an old worldly charm about it. And I loved the Railway Station building of Lucknow, specially the old part with its fort like structure. I've heard Lucknow has changed much in recent times, haven't been there for quite some time now.

i am a Lucknowi nawab yaar,born and brought up there,i love that city.😳

Lucknow has a lot of cultural and historical value and its soon going to boast of two of India's biggest Malls there.Its not the same old Lucknow anymore

Glad to know that u like my city😊

souro thumbnail

Originally posted by: tania.ganguly

Let me promote some AP tourism here.πŸ˜†

Ofcourse Hyderabad with its architecture, Charminar, Golconda forts, the assembly building( although new) is good too, the Qutubshahi tombs.

Salar jung museum is one of a kind one man collection.

And then Amaravati temples are awesome too.

For nature lovers, go to Araku.

Tania

You missed Tirupati Tirumalai.😊

persistence thumbnail

[quote]Do you have any specific city or state in mind?? Or are you asking for India in general?? [/quote]

Well, I was planning to go down to Bangalore, but had to give in.... compromised to go to punjab/chandigarh instead. So, any places here.. I still hope to make a detour to Bangalore.... hmm, so any places in between will do, too I guess.πŸ˜ƒ ... I still don't get to go alone, but I guess I should be grateful that I can at least go.πŸ˜•

[quote]As for your parent's comments, it's li'l true for New Delhi though not completely. If you are talking about any other city, they are quite safe and nothing special occurs there which doesn't happen in other countries.

No we don't live in constant fear or something. Some of the cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai are very safe for girls. I'm travelling alone to different cities from the age of 15 and you're already 22, so why should you be afraid. However, before you come to India try to know the small things about the country which will keep you safe especially theft e.g. if you're travelling by train don't accept food offered by co-passengers, don't wear too many jewelleries when you're travelling by public transport, etc. [/quote]

Hmm, thank you for the advice!!! I don't wear jewelary, so no threat thereπŸ˜†... I have heard about thefts, will be careful, and leave extra stuff back at home😳.... as silly as it might sound, I would have thought of 'giving food' as a nice gesture than take it as threat... thanks for the warning, now I will be extra careful. Actually, starting to realize that I hardly see 'wrong' in somebody's actions.πŸ˜•... and why my parents are concerned.

Again, thanks!

Persy

Originally posted by: souro

I know. I missed this thread.

Reeps, God's own country says it allπŸ˜ƒ. http://www.keralatourism.org/ 

persistence thumbnail
Thanks for the input guys; I think I should check out the map to see where exactly these places are... have heard names in movies, and otherwise...but not a clue as to what lies where. πŸ˜• 😳 πŸ˜†

Persy
priya234 thumbnail
i love Kashmir. great place to visit,and there is a temple which i went to called Vaishnodevi (i think). Really beautiful 😊