Viraasat

Viraasat Articles Archive: No Comments! - Page 4

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
'I was scared of giving up TV'

Actor Rohit Roy on having established himself as a film actor and his emerging film career

Actor Rohit Roy appears the happiest these days. Already an established actor on television, the success of 'Shootout At Lokhandwala' has taken his career to a new zenith. "The response to the film has been fantastic and the the appreciation is still flowing in," Rohit gushes.

He continues, "People have liked both; the film and my acting. I had always been looked upon as a competent actor but none of the films I did in the past, did well. This time I have received a positive review at all levels."

For most television actors, a meaty role in Bollywood has only been a dream. On that Rohit says, "I have always maintained that television is a great medium. It provides exposure and training to actors. But of late, the word quitting seems to be abused.

Ideally, televsion actors should not announce quitting because getting the right opportunity in Bollywood takes time and one tends to lose good work on the small screen too. Instead, they should stick to the medium since it is a decision they have made and find interesting work on this medium itself."  

On asking what worked in his case, he answers, "I have been on television for eight years. I have matured as an actor. Moreover, I never said I am quitting television. I had just said that I am giving up television for now. Even I was scared when I made the decision. But I thought that if films didn't work, I had no shame in returning to television. And more than anything, perseverance paid off for me."        &nb sp; 

"But practically speaking, my struggle has just begun. Now I have to strive to get the kind of films I wanted to work in," he adds. Apparently, his actor brother Ronit was the only one who had faith in his decision. So will the two work together in a film? "I will be co-producing a film with White Feather Films. I asked Ronit to act in it and he has agreed," Rohit smiles.

With life looking bright like never before, Rohit is now looking forward to the release of the film 'Dus Kahaniyaan' which has a small story 'Rice Plate' directed by him. Actors Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah star in the film. Rohit says, "I am dying to show the film to Shabanaji as she is who I am really scared of." 

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1104731

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
Chhavi faces reel wedding trouble

A real marriage is a big worry, but a reel marriage is no less, as Chhavi Mittal aka Nikki of Virasaat recently found out. While shooting for a sequence in which she is marrying Aman Varma, Chhavi bruised herself with her heavy trousseau.

"I have got rashes on my stomach, neck and arms, where the outfit clung to me. The zardosi work was coarse and has left pressure marks on my skin; while the jewellery too was very heavy and bruised my neck severely. To top it all, the sequence was shot in four to five days so I had to wear the same dress over and over again," explains Chhavi.

The twist in the serial, scripted by Aman Varma, comes as Chhavi gets married to her brother-in-law. "The story has now reached high drama, since there are two sisters married to the same man. It is the scriptwriter's prerogative hence I don't want to reveal much. Watch out for the suspense to unveil," the actress says. Hope all the hard work is worth the suspense.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /chhavi-mittal-trousseau-030707.html