Gossip_Queen81 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Does anyone know of any home remedies that can get rid of dark circles.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Naina_Manam thumbnail
Here's something I came across, might help you.

Home Remedies :: Dark Circles

So you look older than you really are, all thanks to those dark rings under your eyes. Don't sweat. We have handy 'homemade' tips to rid you of those dark circles.

Causes of under eye dark circles

1. Lack of sleep.
2. Inherited condition having a family with the kind of skin that makes dark circles more likely.
3. Fluid retention which causes puffiness that may cast shadows.
4. Aging which thins and relaxes the skin around the eyes.

Dark Circles - Treatments and Remedies

Dark Circles can be removed by applying peeled and grated potato overnight at least three times a week.

Make cotton pads and dip them in cucumber juice. Place on your eyes for 15 minutes. The effect is cooling and relaxes your eyes.

Massaging eyes with almond oil is of great help. Massage at bed time daily, and in two weeks you will see the difference.

Dark circles can be removed by doing pranayam daily for at least five minutes.

Pressing the mount below index finger of the palm is good for eyesight and removing dark circles.

When stressed, keep your eyes covered with cucumber slices for some time.

Dip cotton balls in rose water and keep for 5-10 minutes.

Drink as much water as you can drink.

Dip cotton balls in chilled water and keep for 5-10 minutes on the eyes.

Take a diet rich in fruits and vegetables and avoid reading late at night, lying down

Every morning, after washing your face, gently apply mixture of equal parts of tomato and lime juice; wash after half an hour.

Alternate hot and cold compresses under your eyes for 10 minutes. Then apply a teaspoon of almond oil mixed with half teaspoon of lime juice on the dark surface every night before going to bed.

For cooling effect to eyes paste of the herb nutmeg (Jaiphala) made with milk may be applied all around the eyes and over the eyelids.

http://www.ayurvediccure.com/darkcircles.htm

These both are tried and tested by me and works.😊

1. Don't throw those tea bags after making tea. Let it cool in the refrigerator and then keep it on the eyes. You can continue this even after getting rid of dark circles as it is good to relax.

2. Apply Almond oil around eyes before going to bed. You can see the results within one month. Remember that the Almond oil should be pure and doesn't contain any walnuts.

Gossip_Queen81 thumbnail
thanks so much maya and naina
Miss.Netherland thumbnail
Go to the doctor ...My sis got it to and she got lack iron
Gossip_Queen81 thumbnail
na my iron level is within the range 12.5
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Maya_M

These both are tried and tested by me and works.😊

1. Don't throw those tea bags after making tea. Let it cool in the refrigerator and then keep it on the eyes. You can continue this even after getting rid of dark circles as it is good to relax.

2. Apply Almond oil around eyes before going to bed. You can see the results within one month. Remember that the Almond oil should be pure and doesn't contain any walnuts.

Wow. i have almond oil and i will try that tonight!!

and the tea bags is neat!!
saba23 thumbnail

i think i will try the almond oil too, tea bag and the rosa one. but can anyone of u can help me which one i should try first..i mean which one result better and good bcz i have rally bad dark circles amd i am tired of them...thankkk

Originally posted by: Gossip_Queen81

na my iron level is within the range 12.5

how do u find that oout???

Edited by saba23 - 17 years ago
1mangalore thumbnail
thanks for the tips .i will try with almond oil and rose water since i have them ready
saba23 thumbnail
the tea bag does it have to be the one after u make the tea or U can either pick up from a packet and put it in the refrigator then put in your eyes..