datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Times have certainly changed!

11 yeart old girl worry about getting their eyebrows done.

11 year old guys want spikes.

Most teenagers and pre-teens want to be 'cool'. Most want a girlfrined/boyfrined and they'll go to any length to find that 'special one'. and their efforts seem ridiculous most of the time considering how young they are.

Do you think there's pressure on teens to have a gf/bf?

Is it just to be cool or for time pass?

Or, are kids really growing up/maturing so soon?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dazzlingdesi thumbnail
I think teens do have a pressure of having a bf/gf....personally i am 16 and other teens are always telling me that i should get a bf...but i think having a bf will give me more tension...because i pay too much attention to school and then i have other work to do after school and i would never have time to spend with my bf...so that would only create problems...some ppl say its uncool if u dont have a bf or if ur still a virgin at 16 or 17....which i think is completely untrue....because last year during my sophmore year there was a discussion that if ur still a virgin that ur not cool...and most ppl especially guys said they arent virgins...even tho they were just so they wont get picked on

Even doing drugs is a consequence from peer pressure...some times to fit into a popular group or a coolr group ur forces to do something you would never do such as drugs, smoke, drink

Ok before i get further away from the topic...i think bf/gf relationships during high school years really dont last long and neither are they taken too seriously....i think its just attraction and ur still young at that time, and when u become an adult with soo many responsbilties then u'll really know what kind of a person u want that will support u in ur good and bad times....so i think teenage love is just time-pass

~Rashi~
cool_pooja thumbnail
I cant say its 100% to get popular. Yes some ppl do it to get popular and out of pressure of their frnds but at the end of the day its ur free will. You wunt really becum a gf of a guy just because he is the most popular guy. Its more because of attraction. In this age, teenagers get attracted very easily and they regard this attraction as "Love". So at the end of the day, u mite be doing it to get popular but u also need to be attracted to the guy to actually last. So i guess its a mixture of both. Half of the ppl (Mostly boys) Do it to get popular while half do it out of attraction or crushes.
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I think there certainly is a pressure to get 'hooked' but it happens only if you aren't sure of your priorities, or if you aren't confident anough or if you think you have to prove yourselves to others, which you obviosuly don't have to.

This is more of a gimmick to gte famous and have some fun/try and grow up way before your age!

Do you think there's pressure on teens to have a gf/bf?

😛 It depends on the person itself and which kind of crowd they hand around with.

Is it just to be cool or for time pass?

😛 Not sure, depends on age froup and so on.

Or, are kids really growing up/maturing so soon?

😛 No, i dont think we are maturing that quickly either.

But crush is mistaken 4 love with youngsters.
kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
well i had my first an only girlfriend when i was 11 but it wasnt under pressure we just clicked thast all if they are under pressure nowadays at the age of 11 then things have really chnaged from when i was a kid