~Without You~ - Fanfic - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by Wingy

Great one jiggly. I will not miss your stories!!

Aana oru chinna varutham, Why did you make our beloved ACD old?

awww.. but aryan's age in this is 20. if james is 15 years older than him, he should be only 35.😊 i think that's not old yaar. it's the middle age group & our darling ACD is around that age group.πŸ˜ƒ

anyways, thanks for all your nice comments!😳😳

i've written 2 chapters at one go. i don't know why but this story is getting me hpyed up like no other story. i've got like SO much to write about aryan & meneka! lols!πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

so here are my two chapters. one by one.

CHAPTER 3

she could smell the slum air wafting through the car window as Aryan neared his destination. meneka screwed up her nose unused to the strange smell of the slum but Aryan was at home in it. it was the smell of decay & death but it also had a warm & comforting feel to it. Aryan couldn't imagine living away from Chandini slum. he glanced at meneka, she looked morbidly fascinated with the sights around her. loud Ghana music blared from one of the tea shops. men dressed in colourful dhotis & garish shirts sat in small shops selling various goods. women wearing simple cotton sarees carried pots of water to their homes & there was an argument going on in one of the small saree stalls. children half naked ran in the streets, playing with broken toy cars & planes stuck together with scotch tape. the slum seemed to be coming alive even at the late hour. the rain had ceased so all the people had come out for some fresh air.

the residents of the slum recognised aryan's car. they waved at him as he drove past & peeked in curiously at meneka. Aryan parked outside a reasonably sized portion & motioned meneka to step out of the car. by then a sizeable crowd had gathered outside the car. as meneka got out, the women in the crowd nudged each other & whispered loudly. the men gave her admiring looks as they had never seen an attractive woman like her before. even though meneka looked messy, it was undeniable that she was beautiful. Aryan had noticed it right from the start. "who's she Aryan anna?" a little girl asked him cutely. "she is our guest. she'll be living with us for some days." Aryan told the girl & kissed her on the cheek. when he sat the girl down she rushed to menka & hugged her. "what's your name akka?" she asked meneka. "my name is meneka. what's yours?" meneka kissed the little girl on her cheek just like Aryan. "my name is latha. you're very pretty akka. just like a sweet fairy. can I call you fairy akka?" the little girl smiled up at meneka. meneka nodded grinning at her.

meneka played with latha for some time while Aryan stood by watching. he finally knew her name. "meneka. a name that is apt for her." Aryan thought to himself. he watched her play with latha & realised that meneka also had a dazzling smile. feeling himself drawn to her even more, Aryan tried his best to suppress his feelings. these feelings would prove to be a hindrance. Aryan brushed off those feelings as mere infatuation. little did he know it was something more deeper & meaningful than infatuation. latha's mother came for her & chided her daughter to go to bed. "you have to go to work tomorrow." she pulled latha's ear lightly. "work? you mean little latha doesn't go to school?" meneka looked shocked. "fairy akka, my mummy & daddy can't afford to send me to school so I work at the matchbox factory." latha told her & left with her mum. meneka was highly disturbed by the fact that latha was made to work at such a tender age. her eyes filled up with tears at the unfairness of life & she saw a handkerchief being given to her.

"wipe your tears." Aryan told meneka softly. she seemed to have a kind heart that felt for others. her indigance & hurt that latha was being sent to work touched a chord in aryan's heart. if only someone like meneka had taken pity on him, perhaps Aryan wouldn't be in that state now. he brought her into the house & showed her the spare room. "it's not very much. please bear with it till I find something better." he told her. "it's lovely. small & cosy. do you live her as well?" meneka questioned curiously. "yes, I stay in the next room. call me if you need anything." Aryan turned to leave. "er.. Aryan? can I ask you to do me a favour?" meneka stopped him. Aryan rolled his eyes, she probably wanted some makeup or clothes. "what is it?" he wanted to know. "can you send latha to school? don't make her work at such a tender age. please can you do that for me?" meneka begged him. Aryan stared at meneka. "you want me to send latha to school? that's what you want from me?" he asked her incredulously. meneka nodded. "I'll try my best to help latha." Aryan replied walking out of the room. "thank you Aryan." meneka spoke to his retreating back. Aryan didn't reply but his heart skipped a beat every time meneka uttered his name.

CHAPTER 4

aryan spent a sleepless night tossing & turning in bed. his thoughts were filled with meneka. her eyes, her smile, the way she behaved not caring that she was in front of a guy. Aryan had sworn not to get involved with a woman ever. he had seen downfalls of some of the best men in the gang due to women problems. but this meneka? she refused to leave his thoughts no matter how hard he tried. Aryan suddenly felt thirsty so he decided to go down for a drink of water. despite himself he sneaked a peek in to meneka's room. she was sleeping like a baby. meneka had an serene expression on her face oblivious to the fact that Aryan was looking in on her. meneka had wrapped aryan's shirt around herself tightly & Aryan smiled at the way she was hugging the shirt to her. he shut the door silently & went on to take a drink from the fridge.

meneka woke up at 8 in the morning to the cheerful sounds of the slum. the sunlight streamed through her open window & everything looked bright & cheerful. she stretched lazily & walked to the door. the house seemed to be silent. "Aryan must have gone out early." meneka thought. noticing a plastic carrier bag left at the foot of the bed, meneka carried it to the bed. she opened the bag to find some salwars suits. they looked simple yet elegant. there was a note attached to the bag.

I didn't know what sort of suits you liked. I picked some of my own choice. change it at the shop near the provision shop if you don't like the colour or if it doesn't fit you right.

- Aryan

meneka smiled at Aryan's cute note & took out the salwars. there were four salwars. meneka took one of the dark brown salwars & tried to find a towel. but she couldn't find a bathroom. "excuse me madam, can you tell me where the bathroom is?" she asked a lady. "you've to use the public bathroom. Aryan doesn't let anyone use the bathroom in his room." she replied pointing to a long line of people standing in line for the bathroom. "if you want you can use the bathroom in my house." a deep voice said from behind her. meneka turned to find a handsome middle aged man smiling down at her. meneka was intimidated by the man's towering built but his eyes looked kind so she followed him to his house. the man also seemed to be revered in the area. people greeted him politely as meneka walked beside him.

the man's house was guarded by heavily armed men. spotting fear in meneka's eyes, the man eased her doubts by sending his men away. he brought her to the bathroom & told her to use all the toiletries as she wished. meneka thanked him sweetly & took a long luxurious bath in the spacious bathroom. she blow dried her hair & slipped into the dark brown salwar. "are you done in there? one of my brother's wants to use the bathroom." the man's voice came from outside. "I'll be out in a minute." meneka shouted back & gathered up all her soiled clothes. she opened the door & ran straight into Aryan.

"what are you doing here?" they both asked simultaneously. "you know each other?" the man asked, his eyes curious. "yes james anna. I rescued this girl from ahmed's house. he was trying to rape her. I think our secret is safe with her." Aryan added the last part hastily. james at once knew that Aryan was smitten with that girl. he usually refused to defend any woman under any circumstances. "what's your name?" james enquired kindly. "meneka." came the ready reply. "Aryan, take meneka back home & come back here. I need to speak with you. alone." james motioned him to take meneka away from there. "who is this girl brother? why is Aryan acting so strangely?" one of james's handyman questioned james. "we'll soon find out nagesh. we will soon find out." james petted the man's shoulder, gazing at meneka's & aryan's retreating backs.

hope these 2 chapters were good. comments & suggestions are welcome! love you all!

~ leena😳😳

Excellent work, Leena. πŸ‘
You are writing much faster than I read. Finally have I catch it up πŸ˜‰ . I love gangster stories and action. The story is going very interestingly and keeps it up with that. Thanks for the double treats today πŸ˜ƒ
What a treat - 2 chapters this morning. Thank you, it was excellent. Can't wait for the next chapter(s).

Good job Leena.

Pat

thanks a lot for your meaningful comments pat & meli.πŸ˜ƒ

latest chapter!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i know i'm writing reall fast but i want to keep writing before i lose my excitement.

i'm new to this gangster & crime genre. so please forgive me if my story isn't really that good.😭😭

CHAPTER 5

"who is he?" meneka asked Aryan as they walked back to his house. "james. my elder brother. he means the world to me." Aryan replied as he walked meneka to the door. "fairy akka! fairy akka!" a familiar voice called out to meneka. she found little latha standing there wearing a school uniform & carrying a cute little schoolbag. "latha? are you going to school?" meneka smiled & hugged latha tightly. "yes akka, Aryan anna is sending me to school." she hugged Aryan & ran off to catch the bus. "thank you for sending her to school." meneka thanked Aryan sweetly. she was honoured that he had sent latha to school because of her request. "it's nothing. latha needs a good education anyway." Aryan opened the door for her, meneka went in without another word. her face glowed with happiness & Aryan couldn't help but crack a slight smile at that childish happiness that he spotted on meneka's face.

"did meneka see you murdering ahmed?" was the first question james asked Aryan the moment he got back. "yes. but…" Aryan was silenced by james. "Aryan, why didn't you just kill her? if she rats you out to the police, you're dead. and I will die if I have to see you behind bars." james remarked sadly. "no james. you got meneka wrong. she isn't the type to rat out on people. she is a really nice & sweet girl." Aryan told james firmly. "how can you say that so firmly? have you slept with her?" james questioned him curiously. "NO! no james, why did you think like that? I just feel she is a good girl." Aryan replied back softly. "she's got you under her spell man! let me go kill that bitch right now!" nagesh screamed furiously. by then Aryan had drawn his gun & was aiming it at nagesh's heart. "don't you even dare nagesh. if you even TOUCH meneka, I'll rip your heart out & feed it to the dogs!" Aryan snarled. "stop it both of you." james commanded, his voice booming over the argument. Aryan & nagesh immediately ceased arguing. james didn't like to repeat things twice.

"nagesh, please leave us alone. go!" james barked at nagesh. he left still glowering at Aryan. "Aryan, when did you take up arms against your own brother for a woman?" james asked Aryan, disappointment filling his voice. "james please don't misunderstand me! I just.." Aryan faltered. "you're in love with that meneka aren't you?" james suddenly asked a surprised Aryan. he looked shocked but didn't say anything. he couldn't lie to james neither could he admit to it. "if you really love her, try to make her yours before someone snatches her away from you." james coaxed Aryan gently. Aryan looked even more shocked but nodded. "I'm leaving now. I'll come see you later brother." Aryan left abruptly. nagesh had returned by then & was observing everything angrily. "brother james, Aryan is being distracted by that woman! why can't we finish her off?" he sounded reproachful. "nagesh my dear boy. Aryan is in love. love is blind. meneka does look like a sweet girl & she still hasn't ratted us out to the police so why not we give Aryan a chance to find love?" james smiled. nagesh knew that his boss was reminiscing about his old memories. after all, james had once loved too. nagesh rolled his eyes & swore never to let a woman distract him, no matter how beautiful she might be.

Aryan walked back to his house to find the wonderful aroma of cooking drifting out of the window. he found meneka cooking, the most wonderful aromas filling the kitchen. she noticed him only after 15 minutes. "oh Aryan. you're here! I hope you don't mind. I thought of cooking something. will you eat with me?" she asked him sweetly. Aryan nodded & inhaled the smell of home cooked food fully. it was so long since he had home cooked food. a gangster didn't have many people who loved him enough to cook for him. Aryan acknowledged the fact sadly & was brought back to reality when meneka waved a spatula in front of him. "can you help me cut the carrots?" she requested softly, half expecting Aryan to refuse. but he took the carrots & started cutting them silently. meneka resumed her cooking when she heard a painful yelp from the other side. "what happened?" she rushed to Aryan. he had cut himself when chopping the carrots. "you should have been more careful." she scolded him & dabbed his wound with her dupatta. "I'm only used to hacking people, not chopping vegetables." he replied back seriously. "then you should learn how to cut vegetables. if not how will you help your future wife in the kitchen?" meneka smiled at him knowingly. if she had seen the way Aryan was looking at her, she would have known that she already had become the face of his future wife.

Wow, what a surprise - a delightful one. Thanks for the wonderful chapter. Do keep it coming. I don't mind. The more the merrier.

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Pat
Wonderfully, Leena. For a minute, I thought James would do something to Meneka behind Aryans back.
Thanks for the triple treat, πŸ˜‰ Can I expect a 4th one? πŸ˜†

Originally posted by meli

Wonderfully, Leena. For a minute, I thought James would do something to Meneka behind Aryans back.
Thanks for the triple treat, πŸ˜‰ Can I expect a 4th one? πŸ˜†

anything for you meli darling!πŸ˜ƒ

okie, i've added a new character to the story. Nagesh. james's handyman.

so here's the updated list of characters.

Aryan - prajin.

Meneka - meera

James - saakshi siva

Nagesh - venkat.

Selva - deepak (will introduce him in the next chapter.)

CHAPTER 6

meneka was a great cook. she had made the most delicious potato sambar, fried chicken, cauliflower manchurian & carrot halwa. Aryan enjoyed every bit of the food, licking his fingers after the meal. the last time he had food that yummy was when james's mother had cooked for him. after her untimely death, Aryan hadn't gotten a chance to eat tasty home cooked food. "you're a great cook. the food was great." he told meneka washing his hands at the sink. handing him a towel, meneka observed him with a smile. it looked like this guy had been craving for home cooked food for a long time. "if you like it, I can cook for you everyday. you don't need to eat out." she looked at him earnestly. "really? you will?" Aryan asked her with a hint of happiness in his voice. "why not?" came the reply & Aryan cracked a small smile.

"don't you ever smile? why are you always so sullen? even when you smile, you don't smile properly. you know it takes much lesser muscles to smile than frown?" meneka chided Aryan playfully. "I don't think I have the liberty to smile. I'm a sinner, I kill people all the time. how can someone like me smile?" Aryan sounded bitter. "you can change Aryan. why don't you find another job?" meneka suggested sweetly. aryan's expression hardened. he stood up suddenly & brought his face to hers so close that their noses almost touched. "you are a guest here. behave like a guest. don't try to change me or my habits. I will never betray james or leave him because you asked me to change." Aryan snapped at her. meneka's soft eyes filled with tears. "but I was just trying to help.." she told him. "I don't need your help." he almost yelled at her & stormed out of the house. meneka was confused at aryan's behaviour. he had such violent mood swings, one moment he was smiling, the other he was getting pissed off. sighing tiredly, meneka moved to the sink & started doing the dishes.

Aryan was in a real foul mood. meneka's harmless statement had hurt him. she probably didn't mean anything bad but to Aryan it felt like a big slap. he realised the truth in meneka's statement. maybe if he had changed, he would be able to smile more. then the guilt hit him like a ton of bricks. changing meant breaking away from james. how could he leave james who trusted him so much? the confusion was too much for Aryan to bear so he turned to his best friend alcohol for support. Aryan didn't get dead drunk but he was a little dizzy by the time he got home. meneka was in the dining room having a glass of water when Aryan stumbled into the house.

"aryan? Aryan? are you alright?" she reached out to hold him. meneka wrinkled her nose at the acrid overwhelming smell of alcohol in aryan's breath. "did you drink?" she got Aryan a glass of water with some squeezed lime. he mumbled something inaudible & gulped down the water. soon after it began to take effect, Aryan looked as if he was about to throw up. before meneka could bring him to the bathroom, he retched everything out onto the kitchen floor. meneka propped him onto a chair & cleaned up the mess, clucking her tongue disapprovingly. Aryan looked like a proper mess at that point of time.

meneka helped him up to his room & took off his shoes. aryan's shirt had been soiled with vomit so she decided to change it for him. "Aryan, can you unbutton your shirt by yourself?" she asked a drunk Aryan. realising that it was a lost cause trying to talk to Aryan, meneka decided to do it herself. she unbuttoned aryan's shirt & threw the soiled shirt into the corner. she got a fresh shirt & was in the midst of putting it on for Aryan when he collapsed on her. it looked like he had fallen asleep. the realisation that she was with a semi dressed man in a darkened room hit meneka suddenly & she blushed. even though Aryan was unaware of anything that was happeing, meneka knew he was a man nonetheless. her heartbeat started racing & she looked up into aryan's face. he was handsome, young & strong. meneka had dreamt of her perfect husband & suddenly she was having visions of Aryan in his place. before the feelings got the better of her, meneka dressed Aryan up & made him lie down. she pulled the blanket over him & left the room, picking up the soiled shirt as well. meneka dropped the shirt in the small laundry bin near the staircase. her confused mind reeling with random thoughts, meneka drifted into a dreamless sleep.

Wow - Leena, you are in a frenzy! I gladly welcome it because it keeps me happy to read your story. Keep it coming girl. Good job like usual. πŸ‘
Pat
Thank you so muuuuuuuuuch, yaar. πŸ€— You have absolutely made my day happy. πŸ˜ƒ I am glad at least someone cares about Aryan and the story is very thrilling with Aryans mood swings.