~Without You~ - Fanfic - Page 4

Posted: 17 years ago

thanks all of you for your encouraging comments!πŸ˜ƒ

CHAPTER 9

meneka stared at Aryan, unable to believe what she was hearing. did he just profess his love for her? meneka's head started to spin & she struggled to catch her breath. "hey, are you okay?" Aryan caught hold of her, his voice softer than before. meneka pushed Aryan away, avoiding his burning gaze. "Aryan, were you serious about what you said earlier on? you're just joking right?" meneka asked him faintly. "no. I meant what I said. I love you meneka. in fact I've loved you since I laid eyes on you. my heart has only recently accepted that fact & I wanted to let you know about my feelings at the earliest possible time. but selva came in & mixed up all my plans." he told her. meneka was rendered speechless.

all these was too sudden for her. Aryan had always been so prickly, sullen & silent. she couldn't believe that she had awakened love in his heart. "aryan. this is all too much for me to handle now. I need some time.." she still refused to meet his gaze. "take as much time as you want. but meneka, I want to tell you something. I can't speak lovey dovey dialogues or praise your beauty with poetry. all I can say is that I love you. I love you very much & I'll do anything for you." with that he climbed into the car. meneka remained outside for a moment, smiling slightly at aryan's frankness. she then got into the car as well & Aryan drove them both back home.

fed up with the stifling silence in the car, Aryan switched on the radio. an apt song filled the car as hariharan crooned the melodious rendition of 'nee katru naan maram' from nilave vaa. twice, Aryan & meneka caught each other's eye. meneka looked away immediately while Aryan continued gazing at her. his heart was finally lighter. he hoped meneka would give him a fruitful reply soon. Aryan wanted to hold her, kiss her & make her his so badly. meneka stirred those deep hidden feelings in his heart & was quickly making him a Romeo. the slum came into view & Aryan soon killed the engine & got out of the car. the sulm dwellers wanted to know all about the party but meneka & Aryan didn't speak a word.

they both walked up the stairs to their respective room in silence. one of meneka's heels suddenly caught in the wood of the stairs causing her to trip right into aryan's arms. she felt her breath cease as aryan's hand landed lightly around her waist. her face dangerously close to his, meneka could feel aryan's breath on hers. his lips neared her, he moved closer & closer till both of them were almost kissing. the reality suddenly hit meneka & she snapped back to reality. she had no intentions of giving her heart ot a rowdy. controlling her emotions, meneka untangled herself from aryan's hold & went into her room, not realising that she had already unknowingly given her heart to Aryan. Aryan watched meneka till she closed the door. the moment at the stairs had been real. Aryan was now almost 100% sure that meneka felt something for him. he smiled at meneka's naiveness & went into his room, feeling light headed.

hope this chapter was good. comments & suggestions are welcome!πŸ˜ƒ

~ leena πŸ˜›

Originally posted by madumithas

Guys

Please let me know how i can advertise the links for the fiction i am writing, not just within IF forums but to the outside as well.
The url is http://idhayaragam.wordpress.com. Leena you should put yours in a blog as well...try wordpress.com it quick and neat
we can link up to each other as well....

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks
Madhu

hey madu, i don't know how you can advertise for your fanfic but thanks for your advice about using wordpress. i shall give it a try asap!πŸ˜ƒ

thx leena for the story. Yipee!!!! me 1st

thanks for your compliments people!😳😳 here's my latest chapter for you all.

CHAPTER 10

the next day passed by without much activity. meneka avoided aryan's eyes all the time. even when Aryan tried to speak to her, she would only give him half hearted vague replies. Aryan gave up trying to make meneka talk to him. he left after a quiet lunch, leaving behind a sad meneka. meneka was confused about her feelings. her heart was in a dilemma. she didn't even know whether she loved Aryan or not. meneka got worried when Aryan didn't return home by 10. she waited outside til midnight but there still wasn't any sight of him. meneka got tired of waiting for Aryan & was about to go to bed when she was grabbed roughly by someone. the man was wearing a ski mask & held a knife to meneka's throat. "don't make a sound or I'll make sure you never make a sound again." he growled at her. meneka shut her eyes in fright. she had never been so scared in her life before.

the mystery man made her sit on the sofa till Aryan returned. Aryan looked shocked at first but then anger took over his features. "let her go." he growled at the man. "what are you going to do about it Aryan? you killed ahmed. ahmed was my god. he meant the world to me. and now I've to avenge him by taking revenge on you. and this woman surely means something to you, doesn't she? just look at the way you're looking at her." he sing songed in a cruel tone. aryan's face tightened even more in fury. meneka saw his hand move towards his gun which he always kept in his back pocket. her eyes widened as she saw Aryan draw his revolver out in an instant & shoot the man right in the shoulder. the man stumbled & fell over with a groan. the gunshot had awakened the entire slum & people had milled outside aryan's house in a jiffy.

james was one of the first person to be there. "what happened Aryan?" he looked worried. Aryan then related the incident to him. meneka also piped in with her account. she looked shaken but relieved that everything was over. after all, people getting shot in front of her was nothing new to her. james's handyman took the injured man away & meneka shuddered at the horrible fate that awaited him when he woke up. after everyone had gone back to their portions Aryan turned to meneka. worry lining his face, "meneka, are you alright? he didn't hurt you did he?" he asked her tenderly. "no Aryan. I'm fine." meneka replied back, catching his eyes. feeling the familiar feeling of butterflies in her stomach, meneka brushed past him & went to her bedroom while Aryan proceeded to the bathroom to take a long cold shower.

meneka changed into a cool nightie after she reached her bedroom. james had been kind enough to buy her all those clothes, makeup, toiletries & hair products. feeling the cool material on her skin meneka shivered in the cool night air. the nightie was made of a thin, soft, silky material. the front was cut low & hugged every curve of meneka's body. she blushed as she observed herself in the mirror. she looked like a totally different person. meneka realised that her hair clip was left on the dining table, she crept down the stairs hoping that Aryan was already asleep. meneka felt a rumble in her stomach as she reached the kitchen. she realised that she was hungry. "maybe I'll make myself a hot drink." meneka thought to herself & went to the cabinet. but no matter how much she tried the latch of the cupboard won't budge. "open goddamit!" she hissed at the latch willing it to open. "what's wrong meneka?" came the familiar voice from behind her. meneka spun around to find Aryan standing at the doorway fresh from the shower.

thx leena the chapter is so sweet

thanks for your comment usha. looks like the weekend has kept away all my readers except you.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

here's chapter 11 just for you.πŸ˜ƒ

CHAPTER 11

Aryan looked broodingly handsome standing there in the doorway in the semi dark. his hair was wet from the shower, beads of water dripping down his broad shoulders. Aryan wasn't wearing a shirt instead he only had a towel around his shoulders. meneka gulped noisily. Aryan's gaze was fixed on her. he took her in from top to toe, from her loose hair to the sexy nightie to her bare feet. meneka blushed at the intensity of his gaze. a ghost of smile lighted up his face. It was nice to see meneka in something that flattered her curvy figure.

"what's wrong?" he asked her again. "the latch of this cabinet is stuck. It doesn't want to open." meneka told him. Aryan walked over to her, taking slow deliberate steps. meneka's heart was in her mouth as Aryan drew closer & closer to her. Aryan was now terribly close to meneka, she thought he was going to hug her but instead he reached out behind her & fiddled with the latch. meneka heard the latch click open & Aryan drew back, now his face in her hair. "is there anything else I can do for you?" his voice was husky.

meneka couldn't help herself any longer. she closed her eyes & looked up to meet aryan's face. the moment she felt aryan's lips on hers, she threw her arms around his shoulders. Aryan lifted meneka off her feet, crushing her to his bare chest, kissing her passionately. meneka drowned in his kisses, letting herself go completely. "meneka.." aryan whispered hoarsely raining soft silken kisses on her face & neck. aryan's kisses were intense & extremely unnerving. meneka was paralysed by the sheer intensity of his heartfelt kisses, the way she felt so safe in his embrace, held close to his warm bare chest. it was then meneka knew she belonged to Aryan, whether she accepted it or not. they both didn't know how long they had been kissing but it was a long long time before meneka broke away from Aryan. she opened her eyes to find another pair of dark eyes looking into her own. Aryan sat her down gently & released her from his tight embrace.

meneka had to have a moment to steady herself. she was dizzy from aryan's kisses. meneka stared at Aryan & touched her swollen lips, knowing that what happened before wasn't a dream but was real. she & Aryan had just shared some intense passionate moments. meneka didn't know why but she suddenly felt tears spring into her eyes. "meneka.. why are you crying?" he asked her softly. "I just.. I'm just very confused.. I don't even know what is happening…" she sobbed & fell into his arms. "ssshhh… don't cry meneka! please don't cry.. whatever happened between us just now just happened. I think you should ask your heart to accept reality. that you do love me." he gently hugged her. meneka moved away from him, "but how can I give my heart to you Aryan?" she asked him.

"I love you but I don't want to risk your life because of my selfish desires. you can't & won't leave james under any consequences. I can't live with someone who goes out & has no guarantee that he will come back alive." meneka explained to Aryan calmly. he looked bewildered. "but meneka.. love & my job are two different things." he insisted. "no Aryan. it's not 2 different things. I can marry you but if something happens to you while you're out on a job for james, I'll die. why must we let ourselves suffer unnecessarily in the future? it's better to nip this problem in the bud." she told him sadly.

Aryan was angry. "if you wanted to nip the problem in the bud, why did you just spend half an hour kissing me meneka? you obviously love me so why are you talking a huge bunch of nonsense to cover up your true feelings?" he yelled at her. "I already told you aryan. I love you but we can't be together." she replied back quietly. "I wish I had never met you meneka. I've always thought that women are nothing but trouble. I promised myself never to get involved with any woman. I was wrong in falling for you. you're just like any other woman." he stormed off to his bedroom. meneka was sobbing even harder by then but she knew what she had to do. Aryan was mad at meneka.

she was being so stubborn & silly but his anger faded quickly, replaced by the memories of his passionate encounter with meneka. he remembered the way she felt against him, her warm chest against his, her lips soft & sweet. no matter what meneka said to cover up her feelings, Aryan already knew that she loved him as much he loved her. morning came soon after & Aryan was preparing to apologise meneka for his behaviour but she still wasn't down for breakfast. when 10 o'clock came around, Aryan decided to wake meneka up. "she must have been really tired." Aryan thought as he knocked on meneka's door. there was no answer so Aryan peeked inside. all he found was an empty room & a handwritten note from meneka. meneka had left the house.

hope this chapter was good. comments & suggestions are as usual always welcome!πŸ˜ƒ till tmr..πŸ˜‰

~leena πŸ˜ƒ

awww, how sweet Leena for writing the chapter for me! Anyways, thats for the chapter. Its so sweet a different angle to love!
Thanks for the chapters, Leena. As I told earlier, u wrote faster than I read πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I will read yours two late chapters on school tomorrow. Thanks buddy. I Liked the jealous part, all the guys get jealous immediately they fall in love. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Leena, it was a treat for me - 3 chapters in a row. They were wonderful as usual. Keep it coming my dear - still hungry for more.

Pat

thanks for your sweet comments usha, meli & pat. three of my most encouraging readers!πŸ˜ƒ

here's my latest chapter.πŸ˜‰

CHAPTER 12

his hands trembling Aryan read the note that meneka had wrote for him.

Dear Aryan,

I'm leaving. I think I've caused you enough trouble. please don't search for me. I hope you can move on with your life but I'll miss you very much. take care of yourself.

~ meneka.

Aryan felt his heart stop. meneka had really left him. he rushed out of the house right into james who was on his way in. "Aryan? Aryan? what happened? why do you look so dazed?" james enquired worriedly. Aryan looked terribly distraught. james had never seen Aryan look so worried before. "james anna.. meneka.. she.. she left the house. she wrote me a note & left." Aryan stammered. james was shocked, he didn't know that matters between Aryan & meneka had come to such an extent that meneka had to leave the house. 'did you hit meneka Aryan?" james asked him angrily. Aryan vehemently denied that accusation. he then related the entire night's events to a thoughtful james. "you shouldn't have spoken like that to meneka Aryan. women are very sensitive, they get hurt easily. you've hurt meneka's feelings. thus she left. come let's go search for her." james dragged a forlorn Aryan to his jeep.

they searched for meneka almost everywhere. train station, bus stands, taxi waiting stands everywhere. but there was no sign of meneka. aryan's throat had become dry from enquiring about meneka to almost every passer-by. he even refused to take a break when james bought him a drink. it was nightfall by the time james convinced Aryan to accompany him somewhere. Aryan was worried sick about meneka. where was she? was she all alone in that dark menacing city? where would she go? "why were you so stupid meneka?" Aryan scolded her in his heart. the place where james brought him to was a shady bar located in the red light area of Chennai. there was going to be an important drug deal taking place there & james was supposedly presiding over the entire deal. Aryan stood by in the corner sullen & sorrowful. he was missing meneka so much that he was hardly concentrating on anything else around him. bored with the stale air in the bar, Aryan went for a smoke at the back of the bar.

the backlane of the pub stank with the putrid smell of rotting rubbish. the entire lane was littered with beer cans & animal waste. Aryan ignored the smell & puffed on one of his cigarettes slowly. a commotion suddenly broke his silent chain of thoughts. a man was yelling at someone in an extremely loud voice. " why aren't you co-operating lady? you wanted a job. if you want to job here, you have to entertain the clients. if it requires you to do so, you must even entertain him in the bedroom!" he shouted angrily. Aryan was curious & peeked into the window slightly. he could only see the large back of the man. he heard a woman's voice too but it was too inaudible for him to hear clearly.

the man roared in anger to the woman's muffled reply & started hitting her. Aryan rushed in to stop him & his heart ached when he saw that the woman was none other than his meneka. "MENEKA!" he yelled as he launched himself onto the big man. the man easily overpowered Aryan & threw him to the floor. Aryan drew his revolver in a jiffy & aimed it at the man. "hey man. relax! I didn't do anything wrong. you assaulted me first. why you attacking me for this bitch?" he asked Aryan vulgarly. "SHUT UP! and get out before you breathe your last!" Aryan yelled at the man. the man threw up his hands in defence & slinked out of the room, cursing inwardly. he'd have given the puny son of a gun a piece of his mind but he had a weapon.

Aryan turned to meneka who was crying softly. Aryan didn't say anything but took her face into his hands. meneka's lip was cut & bleeding. her eyes looked sad & frightened. she seemed to have gone through a lot of trauma. Aryan took out his handkerchief & gently dabbed at her lip. meneka winced in pain but stopped crying. she looked away unable to meet aryan's eyes. Aryan carried her into his arms & told her "we're leaving". meneka nodded & rested her head against his shoulder. james was taken by surprise when he saw Aryan with meneka in his arms. knowing that it was something not to be discussed in front of everyone, james instructed Aryan to bring meneka back home. Aryan nodded & shot a glare at meneka's assaulter who stood behind james.

meneka didn't speak a word throughout the entire journey back home. when she left Aryan she hadn't thought about taking some money or clothes with her. finding herself hungry & thirsty in the early afternoon, meneka had approached a bar, asking for a job. she was desperate & didn't know about the hidden intentions of the bar owner who hired her on the spot. meneka thought her job would be that of a cleaner but the boss wanted her to be a bar dancer & even requested her to sleep with some of his clients. "it's rare to have a pretty bar dancer. you'll surely be popular." the boss had exclaimed lecherously after feeding meneka. meneka had tried to flee but there was no escape. the boss had even resorted to beating her to get his way & that's when her knight in shining armour Aryan had rescued her.

aryan shot meneka a glance as he drove quickly towards the slum. she looked tired & depressed. aryan could have have shot the man who had hit meneka but didn't want her to witness murder after murder. his sweet meneka had been mistreated & aryan could do nothing about it. as they reached the slum, everyone pointed & whispered to each other. aryan didn't answer any of their questions but just carried meneka into the house & into her room. he sat her down & was about to leave when meneka caught hold of his hand. "thank you aryan." she thanked him softly & before aryan could stop himself, he had spun around & hugged meneka tightly.

i was trying to explain a very complicated emotion felt by aryan & meneka in this episode. i hope i got my point across.😊 comments & suggestions welcome!

~ leena πŸ˜ƒ