CID

CID celebrates a decade of thrills.....

madeforme thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

CID celebrates a decade of thrills

Ten years, 465 episodes. That's Sony's top ranking show CID for you. To celebrate that achievement Fireworks Productions' Pradeep Upoor and BP Singh threw a bash for select industry colleagues who have had something to do with the show at Echoes in Juhu, north Mumbai last night.

Daya Shetty, Dinesh Phadnis, Priya Wal, Alka Verma, and Shivaji Satam

The CID team had a party (from left to right) : BP Singh, Shivaji Satam, Ravina Raj Kohli, Pradeep Upoor, Ashwini Kalsekar & Murli Sharma

represented the cast. Murli Sharma and Ashwini Kalsekar represented those have acted on the show. Sony Entertainment COO NP Singh, creative director Suhail Abbasi, Fireworks creative director Christabelle (called Simran by most of the crew as they can't pronounce her name), and Sundial Productions founder Ravina Raj Kohli (she was involved in CID as programming head of Sony when it was conceived) represented those who have been associated with the show from the channel and production side.

Satam said that he was looking forward to celebrating another 10 years of his role as as ACP Pradyuman. "It's been a great experience," he said. "I've lived the role."

Singh said he is pained by the fact that that industry has ignored a major achievement of CID two years ago, when they shot a 111 minute episode non-stop and in one take. He adds: "It took extensive planning and we pulled it off. Industry has not really understood our achievement and that pains me."

He added that the Guinness organization has recognised the feat by giving Fireworks a certificate, industry has rewarded it with awards, but not really seen the 111-minute-one -take episode for the achievement it was.

"The challenge is to keep a 10 year old show fresh and to do it week after week," he says. "It's a helluva job to keep people hooked and to have them stay with us. The newness is crucial, hence it is important that we innovate and the 111 minute episode was an initiative in that direction."

sorry if posted before

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Congrats CID for 10 years of a very successful show. I just hope that we get to watch CID for another 20 years!! 😉
sim_indian thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: umi82990

Congrats CID for 10 years of a very successful show. I just hope that we get to watch CID for another 20 years!! 😉

yep...another 100 years is more like it!!!...lol

~*Ria*~ thumbnail
Congrats to the team. Omg i still rmr watching CID with my whole family in pakistan 9 years ago😲 It was very interesting, and still is or else most shows go off air 😊 They certainly have some great stuff, there. I mean i watched yesterday's episode "The murder of the killer".... very interesting and very unpredictable. Awesome stuff!! Kudos to them for keeping the show's spirit alive for such a long time. 👏 Edited by ~*Ria*~ - 17 years ago
moon.beam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i m sure it will stay for another 10 years........ congratulations to all 👏 👏 👏

cid roks for sure
sallu_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow congratzzzzz omg 10 years thats awesome and still everyone loves this show.

i have grown up watching this show and i hope this show keep on rocking
nisha_cool thumbnail
congrats cid for 10 years. i don't believe that 10 years have passed by. i hope it continues for another 10 years............. 😊 😉
fawadsaleh2007 thumbnail

**Viewbie's Note**
Please do not just post emotions. It is considered spamming and it will not be tolerated at India-Forums. This is a verbal warning--just a heads up!

CID Dev. Team
Edited by umi82990 - 17 years ago
nighatjahan thumbnail
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee& ;nbs p;         & ;nbs p;         & ;nbs p;         & ;nbs p;  xiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👏

***Viewbie's Note***
Hi. Please do not post that ever again. It is total spamming and it will not be tolerated at India-Forums. I will just verbally warn you. Please don't post such things!

CID Dev. Team

Edited by umi82990 - 17 years ago