Your views on Homework

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
what do you think of homework?
(Don't just say you don't want it? Explain why its helpful or busy work?)

Edited by datspreets - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Ah those boaring homework days

Neway coming back to the point I believe homework does help to practice and review of previously teached material...also help to increase the critical thinking and understanding the topic.Over the long-term it can lead to better study habits, greater self-direction and self-descipline more inquisitiveness and independent problem solving and the development of study skills.Homework requires students to be independent learners to some extent.

On the negetive aspect is the loss of leisure activities....so I'd say home work is helpful but too much home work is not

Edited by angel_wings - 17 years ago
Naina_Manam thumbnail
Homework, homework, homework! Bad time to reply today since the whole week was so much homework, I am so worked up that I am actually mad ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜†

On a serious note, yes, I do believe that homework is really helpful! It lets us assess what we have learned in the classroom and practice our skills which is necessary as it is said practice makes perfect.

But I think all the teachers should also consider before giving homework that too much is just gonna have the students stay away from it and that doesn't help at all. They have to understand that we have 8 other classes as well and should be a little flexible since we have our lives full of activities too.
-Pinky- thumbnail
hw is unnecessary.i spend like 7- 8 hours in school..i think thats more then enough time to learn or practice something.
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: angel_wings

On the negetive aspect is the loss of leisure activities....so I'd say home work is helpful but too much home work is not

Just my views too. Everything in moderation has a positive effect including homewrok, but overdo it and the negative aspects start to show.

While homework is important to make students revise what they learn as well as evaluate how well they can reproduce what they've learnt. But too much homework puts unnecessary stress on students and they start to dislike it and not do it with full heart.