sparwani thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
can users change this in their own settings?

seems like a ridiculously low amount per page.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nope, they can't. It has been automatically set that way.
sparwani thumbnail
Originally posted by: Belle1989

Nope, they can't. It has been automatically set that way.

why such a low number? to artificially increase the number of page views to make more money?
Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sparwani

why such a low number? to artificially increase the number of page views to make more money?

FYI, let me get some facts straight.

1. This is a non-profit website. We make no money or commissions. We are all volunteers here. This is a discussion site, which doesn't depend on donations and such.
  2. Low numbers per page = it would be easier to navigate and it won't seem too overwhelming when a new member sees that many topics.

Hope that is clear. 😊

sparwani thumbnail
Originally posted by: Belle1989

FYI, let me get some facts straight.

1. This is a non-profit website. We make no money or commissions. We are all volunteers here. This is a discussion site, which doesn't depend on donations and such.
  2. Low numbers per page = it would be easier to navigate and it won't seem too overwhelming when a new member sees that many topics.

Hope that is clear. 😊

1. obviously someone is making money from the advertisements even if its not the moderators.
2. having to click "next" so often makes it harder to navigate. how is it easier? if your theory holds why not just make it 2 posts per page right?
Nimrat thumbnail
I agree with belle ...8 is OK 😕
.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
having to many posts on a page puts a load on the server and stuff which makes the overall IF nagivation slower

the advertisment and what not are prolly used to pay for the server costs for running IF no profit is made from such a transaction, im only guessing i dont know the ins and outs of it
Nimrat thumbnail

Originally posted by: MainEkHasina

having to many posts on a page puts a load on the server and stuff which makes the overall IF nagivation slower

the advertisment and what not are prolly used to pay for the server costs for running IF no profit is made from such a transaction, im only guessing i dont know the ins and outs of it

True...I agree

*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: MainEkHasina

yea I agree too...it will make things slower...