Dentist Day.. Are You Scared To Visit!!!

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

I hope U all are enjoying the mayhem& Masti of this monthπŸ₯³

In this thread we will show acknowledgement and also partake in a discussion of the week and the Reason
 Well today March 6th is Dentist's day! 

dentist's day is a day to display a big, toothy smile

After all, Ur dentist plays a role in that big, bright smile. He/She is an important person in keeping ur  your teeth and mouth healthy!!!

So lets acknowledge those men and women
responsible 4 keeping our teeth and gums healthy!
so that we may proudly smile hence giving us a new lease on life!

Okay now moving on to the topic 

Are we afraid? or why are  some afraid of visiting the dentist?

If A Dentist is such an important person,
then why are some so afraid  of the next dental visit ?
or afraid of the dentist in general?

Why we have dental phobia/Anxiety...?
Rather be excuted than be faced with a dentist?

Is it perhaps the fear of discovering a cavity?
Maybe, they will find the beginnings of gum disease? 
 Maybe the fear of having a tooth pulled?
Are U afraid of needles , the sound of the drill, used in some procedures?
Or  just anxious  to have someone take a look at ur mouth?

Tasks in this thread
Task 1
In this thread tell us some of ur experiences?
tell us if they are bad or good?
hillarious or serious ?
share with us reasons why one(anyone) might be scared, anxious,
or have a phobia going to the dentist?

Task 2
 Take time out and acknowledge them by posting a message in the thread!!!

Among the ways to honor them today are: πŸ₯³

Giving your dentist a big "Thank You"
    Sending your dentist an Ecard
    Making a dental appointment(if you haven't been there in a while)
    Start using dental floss daily
    Improving your daily dental care routine
  • Showing off your great smile

Thanx 4 reading this long awareness post 

Hope all not tired reading/replying! & am looking 4 ward to ur responses to this topic

Also, got something in store 4 U pyare members !!! what is it?

Its A dental X-word Puzzle !!!

Please take time to fill out the x-word puzzle(a word bank is provided below the tooth puzzle/pic) and  plesase PM answers to
crazy creative
  The Member(s) that get them all right wins a  special prize!!!

Word bank(hints)

SEALANTS WHITE STRONG TEETH
PREVENT DECAY HEALTHY SMILE
SAFE ENAMEL PROTECT MOLAR
SUGAR

Across
  1.    A healthy mouth makes a pretty ___________ .
  6.    Fresh fruits and vegetables keep you ___________ .
  8.    Sealants ___________ cavities.
  9.    A back chewing tooth is a ___________ .
  10.    Sealants can be clear or ___________ .
  11.    ___________ prevent cavities on back teeth.
Down
  1.    Mouthguards and sealants help keep your teeth ___________ .
  2.    ___________ is the hardest substance in your body.
  3.    Avoid foods with too much ___________ in them.
  4.    Sealants and fluoride work together to keep your teeth ___________ .
  5.    Eating junk food causes your teeth to ___________ .
  7.    ___________ are for chewing, talking, and smiling.
  8.    Brush and floss your teeth every day to ___________ your teeth from decay.

Wishing healthcare professionals a happy dentists day!

Angela/Pari
Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kirtib thumbnail
Really Kewl post πŸ‘

Fortunately I did not require the need to go to dentist till now.. But yea going to dentist is very scary..
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Okay let me share something here. Somehow the word Dental in itself brings me the memory of the incident. Here's it....

Once upon a time there was a lady. πŸ˜† Too scared of injections. One day she was going somewhere in her car when a friendof her on Bike saw her and called her without stoping - Didi Where???

She also decided not to stop and shouted back .....ental Check up.

Now the friend could not make out correctly what was said. He heard it Mental Check Up. He got really worried. Took his bike and straight away reached her hubby's office and told him "See better get into action. Didi seems to be in some touble. She told me she has gone for Mental Check Up."

Now the person got really worired. He took the bike and went at top speed to the hospital. Looked everywhere in the psychiatry dept. but could not find his wife anywhere. The doctors there went on asking him "But why will she come here" πŸ˜†

Then he decided to go to the OPD and inquire. There he got the correct info that his wife is actually in the Dental Dept. πŸ˜›

And till this day whenever I hear the word Dental I get reminded of the incident. And mind you this is a true story.... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

mehak_kapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
well only once i have went to dentist. n i must say i wud neva want to go there gagin πŸ˜†
Kiran. thumbnail

Don't even remind me about dental visits😭😭

I start throwing up when I hear the word dentalπŸ˜­πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

nice post though😳

@Bhaskar, Jaani you need to get your ears checkedπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†......OMG yaar.......you crack me up🀣

buttercup thumbnail
I have to go to dentist..and i hate it! 😳

Actually let me share something about this πŸ˜†

When i was 10 years actually i had done this play for school concert, which was related to dental stuff.

I was a kid as shown in the play.. i actually cries to my mom saying that i have tooth ache really bad..but the reall thing is that i do it coz ididnt wanna go to school.. to bunk school i didnt have any reason..so i say tooth ache..
so my mom in the play takes me to the dental clini..where soo many patients waiting before us... so i hear ppl crying inside while i sit outside
πŸ˜† ..

soo by tthe time time for us to come to go in..i confess in the clinic that i have no tooth ache but i did it to bunk skool.. etc..etc.. πŸ˜†

Recently i uploaded it and many of my IF friends watched it too.. it was really hilarious.. i was soooooooo tinyyyy then πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

And till this day whenever I hear the word Dental I get reminded of the incident. And mind you this is a true story.... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†...Same here, eevrytime I hear the word "dental" I am reminded of this story and go"mental". Just cant get it out of mind....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Thanks Angie for the dental/mental day...so it actually exists...πŸ˜†

Keep smiling .....πŸ˜ƒ

Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Okay now another one.....

I know a person who is waiting for some terms to be met by the dentist only then she is ready to get her tooth taken out.

She went to the dentist, the dentist told her that she needs to get the tooth out. Now what was her reply...

"Doctor tell me... you will give me injection in the gums right?? So I hope you will give a local anesthesia in the gums before giving that injection"

And she is still waiting for past 20+ years for such a Dentist and carrying that Million dollar Tooth with her πŸ˜›

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 17 years ago
advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

"Doctor tell me... you will give me injection in the gums right?? So I hope you will give a local anesthesia in the gums before giving that injection"

And she is still waiting for past 20+ years for such a Dentist and carrying that Million dollar Tooth with her πŸ˜›

πŸ˜†

OK, I have a question, how will this local anesthesia does she think will be given....?πŸ˜† isnt that also be done via injection...πŸ˜†

advil thumbnail

I have a recent tale to share.

By rule, our family people are not the best of the patients, and generally drive most docs crazy, dentist is no exception. Recently my mom had to go in for a scheduled root canal. So on the date she went. but there was major tension in the room. The more the dentist tried coming close towards her, the more she tried shifting her face away from his face .The dentist somehow finally got hold of her and manged to get the work down.

When she came out, she looked like a war returned soldier, all tattered battered and as if  she passed through a big storm. So Dad was trying to make fun of her when she lost her cool totally...πŸ˜† 

The reason she said why she was shaking her head and trying to face away from the dentist was because on that day, the dentist aparently had a very bad breath and it was making my mom sick. so she was moving her head away.πŸ˜†

Ab who can expect a dentist not to follow his own advices and fight bad breath.