Harry Potter

Quotes frm Harry Potter and the POA(2004)

jammy thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Hi,

Since there are many Harry Potter Fans on this forum like me, I would like to share Fav quotes and dailogue's from the 3rd movie. I also have from 1st and 2nd, If you like this one then let me know. I am sure you will enjoy reading it as much as I do. Remmember these are from movies.๐Ÿ˜Š

Jammy.

Quotes from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)

Harry: [reading from the map] "Messrs Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs, offer their compliments to Professor Snape and request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Hermione: [after Hagrid gives Ron Scabbers back] I think you owe someone an apology.
Ron: Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know.
Hermione: [annoyed] I meant me!

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Hermione: Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?

Ron: I'm warning you Hermione! You better keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers or I'll turn it into a tea cozy!
Hermione: It's a cat, Ronald! What do you expect? It's in his nature.
Ron: A cat? Is that what they told you? It looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me.
Hermione: That's rich! Coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush. It's all right, Crookshanks, just ignore the mean little boy.

Ron Weasley: [sitting bolt upright in bed] Spiders... the spiders... they were making me tap-dance. And I don't want to tap-dance!
Harry Potter: [laughing] Well go and tell those spiders Ron
Ron Weasley: Yeah tell them... I'll tell them tomorrow...
Ron Weasley: [falls straight back asleep]

Professor Snape: Well, well, Lupin. Out for a little walk... in the moonlight are we?

Harry: [pointing wand to Marauder's map] I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

[last lines]
Harry: I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
[credits roll to end]
Harry: Mischief managed.
Harry: Nox.

Hermione: Did I mention its the most haunted place in Britain?
Ron: Twice, I think.
Hermione: Oh. Do you want to move closer?
Ron: Huh?
Hermione: To the Shrieking Shack.
Ron: Oh, no. I'm ok here.

Harry: What's the hold up?
Ron: Neville's probably forgotten the password again or something.
Neville Longbottom: [behind them] Hey!
Ron: Oh... You're there.

Ron: I didn't mean to open it.
[pause]
Ron: It was badly wrapped.
[pause]
Ron: [points at Fred and George] They made me do it!
George Weasley, Fred Weasley: Did not!

Professor Lupin: Now repeat after me - without wands please - repeat after me, Riddikulus.
Class: Riddikulus!
Professor Lupin: And again
Class: Riddikulus!
Malfoy: This class is ridiculous.

Ron: What the bloody hell was that all about?

[repeated line]
Ron: Bloody hell!

Malfoy: Ahh, come to watch the show?
Hermione: YOU FOUL, LOATHSOME, EVIL LITTLE COCKROACH!
[Hermione raises wand at Malfoy]
Ron: Hermione, no. He's not worth it.
[Hermione lowers wand]
Ron: [Malfoy laughs and then Hermione socks him in the nose]
[Malfoy and friends run away]
Hermione: That felt good.
Ron: Not good, Brilliant

Hermione: If you're going to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us, too.
Sirius Black: Only one will die tonight.

Shrunken Head: Watch your head!

[after being "attacked" by Buckbeak the hippogriff]
Malfoy: You're going to regret this.
Hagrid: Class dismissed.
Malfoy: You and your bloody chicken.

Sirius Black: Brilliant, Snape; once again you've put your keen and penetrating mind to the task and as usual come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to.
Professor Snape: Give me a reason. I beg you.
Professor Lupin: Severus, don't be a fool.
Sirius Black: He can't help it. It's habit by now.
Professor Lupin: Sirius, be quiet...
Sirius Black: Go bite yourself, Remus!
Professor Snape: Listen to you two, quarrelling like an old married couple.
Sirius Black: Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set?
Professor Snape: I could do it you know. But why deny the Dementors? They're so longing to see you. Do I detect a flicker of fear? Ah yes. The Dementor's Kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness but I'll do my best.

Professor Lupin: [yelling at Snape] Severus, don't be such a fool!

Hermione: Ancient Egyptians used to worship cats, you know.
Ron: Yeah, along with the dungbeetle.

Hermione: Beautiful day.
Ron: [scarastily] Gorgeous... Unless of course you've been ripped to pieces.
Harry: [confused] Ripped to pieces? What are you talking about?
Hermione: [annoyed] Ronald has lost his rat.
Ron: I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!
Hermione: Rubbish!
Ron: Harry, you've seen the way that blood thirsty beast of hers is always lurking about. Scabbers is gone!
Hermione: Well maybe you should lern to take better care of your pets!
Ron: Your cat killed him!
Hermione: Did not!
Ron: Did!
Hermione: Didn't!

Hermione: Harry... what's happened?
Harry: He was their friend, and he betrayed them. HE WAS THEIR FRIEND!... I hope he finds me! Because when he does, I'm gonna be ready! When he does, I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!

Harry: [reading] Messers Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs proudly present The Marauder's Map.
George Weasley: We owe them SO much.

Professor Trelawney: Your aura is pulsing my dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are.
Ron: Sure...
Professor Trelawney: Cup... tell me what you see.
Ron: Oh yeah um... well um Harry got sort of a wonky cross,
[checks the book]
Ron: that's 'trials and suffering'. And that there could be the sun and thats
[checks book again]
Ron: 'happiness'. So you're gonna suffer but you'll gonna be happy about it.

Harry: She got what she deserved!
[points wand at Uncle Vernon]
Uncle Vernon: You're not allowed to use magic outside your school!
Harry: Yeah? Try me.

Uncle Vernon: You don't have anywhere to go.
Harry: [angry] I don't care. Anywhere else is better than here!

[repeated line]
Ron: Hermione, how did you get here?

[repeated line]
Professor Lupin: Eat this. It'll help.

Harry: Why would I go looking for someone who wants to kill me?

Professor Snape: Have you any idea as to how Black got in?
Dumbledore: Many, each as unlikely as the next.

Stan Shunpike: Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor this evening.

Harry: I knew I could do it because I already saw myself do it. Does that make any sense?
Hermione: No, and I hate flying.

[the train has stopped]
Ron: There's something moving out there.

Sirius Black: It's cruel that I got to spend so much time with James and Lily, and you so little. But remember, the ones who love us never truly leave us. They will always be found in here.
[Puts his hand over Harry's heart]

Ron: [looking at Lupin who has just turned into a werewolf] Nice doggie... nice doggie...

Dumbledore: A word of caution: dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in there way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It's not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.

Professor Lupin: You know the very first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar, by your eyes. They're your mother, Lilly's. Yes, oh yes. I knew her. Your mother was there for me at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a singly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind one. She had a way of seeing the beauty in others even none perhaps. Most especially when that person couldn't see it in themselves. Then your father, James on the other hand, he uh ha, he had a certain shall we say talent for trouble. The talent, rumor has it, he passed onto you. You are more like them than you know, Harry. In time you'll come to see just how much.

Ron: Neville, you're supposed to stroke it!

Hermione: [howls]
Harry: What are you doing?
Hermione: Saving your life!
Harry: Thanks!... he's coming this way!
Hermione: Didn't think about that...

Harry: Expecto Patronum!

Shrunken Head: [while the Knight Bus is stretching to squeeze between two buses] Why the long faces?

Harry: Poor Professor Lupin is having a really tough night.

Hermione: Come on everywhere else is full.
Ron: [sees Lupin] Who do you think that is?
Hermione: Professor R.J. Lupin.
Ron: Do you know everything? How is it she knows everything?
Hermione: [annoyed] It's on his suitcase, Ronald!
Ron: Oh.

Professor Trelawney: The study of Divination will give you the rare gift of Sight!
[stands up, and promptly bumps into her table]

George Weasley: You can know where everyone is...
Fred Weasley: anytime
George Weasley: anywhere
Fred Weasley: every minute
George Weasley: of every day
Fred Weasley: And when you're done, just say...
George Weasley, Fred Weasley: Mischief managed! Otherwise anyone can read it!

Professor Lupin: Our pain becomes their power.

Hermione Granger: [to Buckbeak] Come on Buckbeak! Come and get the nice dead ferret!

Harry: Nice punch.
Hermione: Thanks.

Hermione: At least somebody's enjoying himself.

Professor Lupin: What frightens you the most?
Neville Longbottom: [mumbling] Pfsr Snpe.
Professor Lupin: Hmm? Speak up!
Neville Longbottom: Professor Snape.
Professor Lupin: Professor Sna- well, he frightens all.

Harry: [seeing himself in the past] That's us! This is not NORMAL.

Sirius Black: Come out, come out, Peter! Come out, come out and play!

Malfoy: [outside the shrieking shack to Ron and Hermione] Well well. Look who's here, you two shopping for your new dream home?

Hermione: Harry what happened?
Harry: He was their friend and he betrayed them. HE WAS THEIR FRIEND!

Professor Snape: Potter, what are you doing wandering the corridors at night?
Harry: I was sleep walking.
Professor Snape: Extraordinarily like your father you are Potter, he too was exceedingly arrogant, strutting about the castle.
Harry: My Dad, didn't strut, and nor did I. And if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you lower your wand.

Harry: Professor Dumbledore, we did it! We saved him!
Dumbledore: Did what? Good night.

Harry: It's not exactly a happy memory... it's complicated.
Professor Lupin: Is it strong?

Hermione: Ow! That looks really painful.
Ron: It's sorta painful. They uh, they might... chop it.
Hermione: I'm sure Madame Pomfrey will fix it in a heartbeat.
Ron: It's too late, it's ruined. It'll have to be chopped off.

Aunt Marge: They use the cane at St. Brutus's, boy?
Harry: Oh. Yeah, yeah. I... I've been beaten loads of times.

Stan Shunpike: What you doin' down there?
Harry: I fell over.
Stan Shunpike: Well, what you fell over for?
Harry: I didn't do it on purpose.
Stan Shunpike: Well come on then! Let's not wait for the grass to grow!

Harry: [about the Marauder's Map] Professor, I don't think it always works. Earlier... it showed someone in the castle... someone I know to be dead.
Professor Lupin: Who?
Harry: Peter Pettigrew.
Professor Lupin: That's not possible.

Ron: [seeing Hermione appear in class] When did she come in? Did you SEE her come in?

Ron: [when Harry and Hermione reappear] But, you were just there! I... I was talking to you there! And now you're there!
Hermione: What's he talking about Harry?
Harry: I dunno. Honestly Ron, how can people be in two places at once?

Professor Lupin: [commenting on Sirius' ragged looks] Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within.
Sirius Black: Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you Remus?

Professor Lupin: [to Sirius] Finally, your skin reflects the madness within.

Sirius Black: The tail I can live with. But the fleas... they're murder.

Ginny Weasley: The Fat lady... she is gone!
Ron: Serves her right. She was a terrible singer...
Hermione: That's not funny, Ron!

[about Sirius]
Ron Weasley: He's a murderous, raving lunatic.
Harry Potter: Thanks, Ron.

Ron: So Sirius Black has broken out of Azkaban to come after you?
Hermione: But they catch Black won't they? I mean, everyone's looking for him.
Ron: Sure... except no ones broken out of Azkaban before and he's a murderous, raving lunatic.
Harry: Thanks Ron.

Professor Snape: That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?
Ron: He has a point, you know.

Shrunken Head: Ern, little old lady at twelve o'clock.
[the Knight Bus screeches to a halt]
Shrunken Head: Ten... nine... eight... seven... six... five... four... 'tree'... 'tree' and a half... two... one and 'tree' quarters... YES!

Professor Trelawney: Your heart, though you are young in years, is as shriveled as an old maid's, you soul is as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave.

Hermione: [gazing at a crystal ball] Can I give it a try?
Professor Trelawney: Yes, sure!
Hermione: The grim? Possibly?
Professor Trelawney: You know, my dear, the moment I looked into your eyes I knew that you did not have the mind for the noble art of Divination.
[looking at her palm]
Professor Trelawney: See? Right here. You're young in years but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave.
[Hermione gets up and leaves, angrily]
Professor Trelawney: Have I said something?

Sirius Black: Sorry about the bite, I reckon it twinges a bit.
Ron: A bit? A bit? You nearly tore my leg off!
Sirius Black: Well I *was* going for the rat. Usually, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. James once suggested I make the change permanent. The tail I can live with. But the fleas? They're murder.

Harry: Professor Trelawney?
Professor Trelawney: [in a deep, raspy voice] He will return tonight! He who betrayed his friends - whose heart rots with murder! Innocent blood shall be shed and servant and master shall be reunited once moooooooore!
[coughs]
Professor Trelawney: Oh, I'm sorry, dear. Did you say something?

Harry: I didn't mean to blow her up, I just... lost control.
Ron: Brilliant!
Hermione: Honestly Ron, it's not funny! Harry was lucky not to be expelled.
Harry: I think I was lucky not to have been arrested actually.
Ron: I still think it's brilliant.

Hermione: [to Harry] Look who it is... Madame Rosmerta, Ron fancies her!
Ron: That's not true!

Ron: She's gone mental, Hermione has! I mean, not that she wasn't always. But, now it's out there in the open for everyone to see.

Sirius Black: Enough talk, let's kill him!
Professor Lupin: Wait!
Sirius Black: I DID MY WAITING! TWELVE YEARS OF IT! IN AZKABAN!

[Maid opens a door]
Young Witch Maid: Housekeeping!
[a loud roar from the room, and the door slams shut]
Young Witch Maid: I'll come back later.

Stan Shunpike: Take it away, Ern.
Shrunken Head: Yeah, take it away, Ern! Get ready - it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Stan Shunpike: What did you say your name was again?
Harry: I didn't.
Stan Shunpike: Well, whereabout are you headed?
Harry: The Leaky Cauldron! That's in London.
Stan Shunpike: D'you hear that, Ern? The Leaky Cauldron that's in London.
Shrunken Head: Ah, the Leaky Cauldron! You get the pea soup, make sure you eat it before it eats you!

Harry: [about the Marauder's Map] What's this rubbish?
George Weasley: "What's this rubbish?" he says.
Fred Weasley: That is the secret to our success.

Harry: [sees Dumbledore on the Marauder's Map] Is that really - ?
George Weasley: Dumbledore.
Fred Weasley: In his study.
George Weasley: Pacing.
Fred Weasley: He does that often.

[about the newspaper clipping Ron was showing Harry and Hermione]
George Weasley: Not flashing that clipping again, are you, Ron?
Fred Weasley: I haven't shown anyone!
Fred Weasley: No, not a soul! Unless you count Tom.
George Weasley: The day maid.
Fred Weasley: The night maid.
George Weasley: The cook.
Fred Weasley: That bloke who came to fix the toilet.
George Weasley: And that wizard from Belgium!

Percy Weasley: I'm Head Boy!

Harry: [in reference to Sirius Black on the front cover of the Daily Prophet] Who is that? That man?
Stan Shunpike: Who is that?... Who is... THAT is Sirius Black that is! Don't tell me you've never been hearing of Sirius Black?
Harry: [Harry shakes his head]
Stan Shunpike: He's a murderer. Got himself locked up in Azkaban for it.
Harry: How did he escape?
Stan Shunpike: Well that's the question, isn't it? He's the first one who done it. He was a big supporter of You-Know-Who. Reckon you've heard of him?
Harry: Yeah... him I've heard of.

Seamus Finnegan: [standing in front of the Fat Lady] She won't let me in! She just wont!

Dumbledore: For in dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.

Peter Pettigrew: What would you have done, Sirius?
Sirius Black: I would have died. Died rather than betray my friends, Peter.

Sirius Black: Pettigrew's alive! And he's right there!
[pointing at Scabbers held by Ron]
Ron Weasley: Me? He's mental!
Sirius Black: Not you! Your rat!

Hagrid: Well, first the committee took turns in talking about 'why we were there'. Then I stood up and said my bit, how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then Lucius Malfoy got up...

Fat Lady in Painting: [sings while holding a glass] Ah ah ah AH!
Harry: Fortuna Major.
Fat Lady in Painting: No, wait, wait!
[sings again, higher]
Fat Lady in Painting: Ah ah ah AH!
Fat Lady in Painting: Wait!
[sings again, highest]
Fat Lady in Painting: Ah ah ah AAAAAAAAAAAH!
[Holds the note, looks around to make sure nobody's watching, then smashes the glass on the edge of the painting]
Fat Lady in Painting: Oh, amazing! And just with my voice!
Fat Lady in Painting: Yes, alright, alright, you can go in.
Harry: Thankyou!

Professor Lupin: [Harry's turned up to visit him after the battle in the woods] I saw you coming.
[points to Marauder's Map]
Professor Lupin: I've looked worse, believe me.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KK_lassi thumbnail

Hey Jammy, You made it the best.  Thanks a lotttt!!!!

As i havent seen the 3rd movie๐Ÿ˜ญ..but read the 3rd part๐Ÿ˜ƒ..ur post is indeed give me idea of the movie direction..i luv itt!!!

Thanks..awaiting for other best dialogues from 1 and 2.

Morgoth thumbnail
I think you covered all of my faves Jammy. I love all of Rupert's (Ron) scenes...he is such an excellent actor!
*Anjali* thumbnail

Love the quotes you picked Jammy ๐Ÿ‘ Yeah, I agree, Ron's sarcastic humor is the best

anniegupta_ thumbnail
thxz for quotes jammy... brought back the movie itself to me
rabeeak2003 thumbnail
Thanks a lot jammy! and yeah Ron is an awesome actor!
Samona thumbnail

Ron Weasley: [sitting bolt upright in bed] Spiders... the spiders... they were making me tap-dance. And I don't want to tap-dance!
Harry Potter: [laughing] Well go and tell those spiders Ron
Ron Weasley: Yeah tell them... I'll tell them tomorrow...
Ron Weasley: [falls straight back asleep]

i loved this part in the movie! it was hilarious!!