Discussion of the Week: Brands of Makeup?

Posted: 17 years ago

Hi Friends,

Today, we are starting our very first Discussion of the Week. Each week we will have a topic that our F&B Members can discuss about. So, let us start with our very very first topic.

All of the world we have many brand of make-up such as Revlon, Avon, Cover Girl etc. These brands vary from high prices to low prices, serving us with the same make up.

So, the question is that to make yourself look pretty, does the brand actually matter?

Afterall, we are just applying make-up not some supernatural mixture to make us prettier ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Some other Questions:

Do you apply make-up everyday?
What brand do you use?
How long have you been using the brand?
Have your tried anyother brand?
If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality?

Please remember India-Forums COC while posting your views on this topic.

~ India-Forums Development Team ~ 

Do you apply make-up everyday?
Only Kajal

What brand do you use?
Etiude

Last 2 years

Yes a few

No they dont. They arnt gud at all. Atleast dey dunt suit on my skin. ๐Ÿคข

So, the question is that to make yourself look pretty, does the brand actually matter? no..i really doesn't matter!!

Afterall, we are just applying make-up not some supernatural mixture to make us prettier ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Some other Questions:

Do you apply make-up everyday? no..i just put fair and lovely to keep the skin soft and non-dry
What brand do you use? i really dont care!!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‰ anything that works!! mostly covergirl and revlon
How long have you been using the brand? for about 3-4 years
Have your tried anyother brand? yea..but it didn't work!!๐Ÿ˜•
If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? nah..not really

Actually i had done a similar survey of cosmetics for my economics project of Consumer Awareness๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Do you apply make-up everyday?Yes, usually lipgloss, mascara

What brand do you use? Maybelline, Loreal, Revlon, Sheene, Colorbar, Garnier, Streetwear
How long have you been using the brand? Many years

Have your tried anyother brand? I only buy things from these brands as my skin is sensitive and rash easily ,if i use any local brands. I never compromise for my skin

If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? No i get rashes

Really like this forum๐Ÿ˜ƒ I love talking about make-up and beauty๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Do you apply make-up everyday?foundation, powder, eyeshadow, liner, mascara,eyebrow shadow. brush,lipstick and lipgloss

What brand do you use?loreal

How long have you been using the brand?3 years

Have your tried anyother brand?yes

If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality?no

Please remember India-Forums COC while posting your views on this topic.

~ India-Forums Development Team ~ 

[/QUOTE]
Do you apply make-up everyday? Most weekdays. Not much make up though.
What brand do you use? Different brands for different things. Bourjois, Estee Lauder, Clinique and No7 but not all my make up is branded only the stuff i use regularly like foundation and eyeliner etc
How long have you been using the brand? Most are 1/2 years or less
Have your tried anyother brand? Yes, I also have other low quality brands for eyeshadows and lip glosses etc
If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? Some are differing in terms of quality. For example the high brands have better quality foundation. I'm not sure about eyeshadows i think they may serve the same quality but i don't really wear it is much only on big occasions.

So, the question is that to make yourself look pretty, does the brand actually matter?

Yes the brand DOES matter...as you would expect the "better" the brand, the better the quality of ingredients used to make the product.

Some other Questions:

Do you apply make-up everyday? ahahaha!!! i RUN away from make-up! ๐Ÿ˜† but i apply lipgloss or vaseline๐Ÿ˜†...and if i'm going to a party:...i apply eyeliner on the bottom lid [coz i dunno how to do it on the top ๐Ÿ˜†] and mascara....that's it!๐Ÿ˜†

What brand do you use?
Lipgloss: napolean....and i had bought this unbranded one YEARS ago...and it was the BEST! sadly i cant find it anymore ....
and eyeliner i think i use maybeline.....
and mascarra i think i use.....Christian Dior [i had to actually chek๐Ÿ˜†]

um..Napolean for about a yr....
Maybeline for less than 1/2 yr
Christian Dior, for less than 1/2 yr

Yeh...i tried the Maybeline mascarra first...and that made my lashes all brittle and dry....
Lipgloss...ive tried Nivea....it aint great...Vaseline rocks! and then ive tried this Lip Conditioner...some "protection" thingo...that was pretty good....and then when i was in high school...unbranded lipgloss that rocked!

No...the Maybeline mascarra sucked!

But anyways, its your skin...so i think using superior products may be better for you in the long run....its best if u use the least amount of make-up though...for a healthier looking skin when you actually NEED it....aka middle age!

Some other Questions:

• Do you apply make-up everyday? Just eyeliner
  • What brand do you use? i really don't care what brand as long it won;t damage my skin....usually just use the one my mom uses๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • How long have you been using the brand? ummm...about 1 an half years
  • Have your tried anyother brand? yes, actually i've tired various brands...butthe one i use right now has worked best for me
  • If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? some of them do...but the one i use right now...is the best in my opinion๐Ÿ˜ƒ

thnxx Gurpz...the questions were very interesting...great discussion!๐Ÿ˜Š

Rachna๐Ÿ˜Š

greatt dotw!!! love this forum!!!  ๐Ÿ˜› newys.. bak to the discussion...

I dnt think brands reeli matter... altho dont big brands put in more research into their products to design them to do a particular job.. like thickening mascara, etc..?? they are sometimes better quality.. altho i used to hav this awesome mascara tht wsnt a big brand n i thought it ws better than the max factor one i had..

Do you apply make-up everyday? Nope.. only wen i go out.. i wear mascara n eyeliner (on the bottom).. n thts it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ bt cz i dance.. wenever i perform.. i hav to wear foundation.. blusher.. lipstick.. liquid eyeliner.. ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿ˜†

What brand do you use? Eye pencil - its Loreal, Foundation - No 7, Liquid eyeliner - Max Factor, Mascara - Max Factor... but sometimes Almay.. lipstick n blusher r random brands.. ๐Ÿ˜†

How long have you been using the brand? umm.. prob a few months?

Have your tried any other brand? Yes

If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? It depends on the product... the blusher I use atm.. is rubbish.. n its a random brand.. I used to use a diff foundation for dance.. n it wsnt as gd.. made my skin feel cracked n dry... the liquid eyeliner is rubbish!! it's like a pen and isnt great quality...  x

Originally posted by gk_09

Humm.. im not sure if this makes sense...but for me, some brands matter and some don't.  Okay, I use makeup.. but I don't stick to one brand.  I experiment a lil.. but I wouldn't use a brand that I haven't seen before.  Make sense? or no? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Some other Questions:

Do you apply make-up everyday? - yah.. usually.. Just eyeliner and Mascara
What brand do you use? - The eyeliner is AnnaBelle and the Mascara is Rimmel London
How long have you been using the brand? - Like I said.. I don't stick to one brand.  So whn my eyeliner finishes..I'll prolly end up getting a new totally diff one.
Have your tried anyother brand? -- Yes.. but I don't remember my last eyeliner brand.๐Ÿ˜ณ
If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? ---

Nice topic for discussion Grupz! ๐Ÿ˜Š