Koffee with Anu - videos updates!!! - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

Jenim,
thanks for the info. so kamal hasan and suhasini is related...hmmm, interesting 😊
Meli,

Thanks for the links.

Is Anu Kamal's niece & Suhashini's cousin?  Then, is she Charu Hassan's daughter?Edited by revasri - 17 years ago
Yes, Chellamma. How did you miss it all this while? 😆 😉

Kamal is Chithappa for both Suhasini and Anu Hassan. Suhasini's Dad is Charu Hassan and Anu's Dad is Chandra Hassan. Kamal and Suhasini (and family) had a rift in their Paasamulla relationship a long time ago, when Kamal decided to part ways with Vani Ganapathy (Kamal's first wife) because Suhasini was very close to Vani.

Anyway, here's some info on Anu Hassan:
She's very talented - she has her double Masters from the renowned BITS Univ in Pilani, India. Unlike Suhasini, Anu's very close to her Chithappa Kamal.
She has been a line producer in some of Kamal's own productions. He has relied on her work heavily when he produced Nala Damayanthi and Mumbai Express. She has her own business too. I think she's not married yet, but don't know for sure.

I know some of you here have Srilankan roots, so it will be a surprise for you to know that she lent her voice for the famous SriLankan character in Nala Damayanthi. I thought she sounded very authentic, although she was a Madras girl.

Personally, after I saw her "Koffee" videos from Meli's links, I cannot stop myself from comparing her hosting from Gauthami's. Anu's interviews are very down to earth and Gauthami's seem more formal, at this point.

Wow..thanks for the info about Anu, Jenim. Didn't know that she lent her voice in Nala Dhamyanthi coz she was also acting there as well.

She is married and thats why she leaved to US for some years. 😉

Thanks for sharing that marriage bit, Meli.

Thanks for the info jenim and meli!

Jenim....yeah it sounded just like a Srilankan(i'm a lankan too ), but no one can't compete with Kamals slang 😆 from Thenali. He was sooo well. 😊
Very true, Chellamma.. Kamal was just too good in Thenali. Every time I watch his movies, I'm in complete awe. As far as I'm concerned there's really no one to match his skills. He's just too dedicated to what he's doing.

When I watched Kamal in Thenali, I was completely bowled over by his delivery of the language, perfect with the slang/accent. His was more authentic than if a Srilankan had actually dubbed for him. Edited by jenim - 17 years ago
I could'nt find the topic..koffee with anu-Bhavana episode...any idea anybody.....Serial, Meli....we were discussing on that topic....

It's been relocated to the new Tamil Section. Please read the   announcement post by Atina in the first page, for more details.

Here's where your fav thread is relocated : 
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/569280

Edited by jenim - 17 years ago
Hi Joel, I guess you don't read other thread here and therefore has been uninformed of our new Tamil section.

As Jenim has said, you will find coffee with Anu with Bhavana as guest under "Other topics" under Tamil serials from the main page.

Please join our other threads too 😉