Book Talk

Book that change your life

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago
We've all heard the phrase "the pen is mightier than the sword,"

And Its well known  that the written word has been always the most powerful ;and  it is not without reason that one of the most accurate methods for judging a societies' advancement is the measure of its literacy rate.

So the topic is : What are the book that change your life....or List of the Books that made you change the way you view the world

Do share your thoughts! Thanks in advance! Edited by angel_wings - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
well i have read a lot of books but the book that changed my life was the mediator series.. i knw i should have said Harry potter or pride and prejudice... but from writing point of view (yea i wanna become a writer) i think mediator was one that gave me an outlook to a different style and to me that is very important change in life...
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Harry Potter, as I've got a million friends, a hundred things to talk about and Potterism thanx to it!

But otherwise, I think Sidney Sheldon... It's not the classic type of book, but the writing really caught my eye, and the endings... are out of the world.
WoHaXItZxAaKi thumbnail
TO kill a mockingbird had a impact on my life..! about racism and how people were treated..! and my teacher gave me this poem about it..!! and my goodness..i literally sat there crying! it touched my heart...i dont think its approprite in this forum..(contains racism, and slautering people) so ya..! but omgg this book is simply great!
pm4eva thumbnail
A book that played a major role in my life is well it's a series! The Dawn Rochelle series by Lurlene McDaniel! It taught me about cancer and the struggles people go through! This book made me want to help the cancer patients! When the kid I babysat got cancer it made me realize that this is everywhere! And I remeber him being so sad about him having no hair because of the chemo! That made me cut and donate my hair! It's been a huge change for me! And it's because of these books!
cool_yv thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Alchemist by paulo coelho
it helped me in my weakest time when i was alone and made me believe "books are our best friends"
ammygurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
dunno....maybe....maybe...
chicken soup for the souls...actually i m nt into non fiction....:(...so harry potter and stuff are purely fictitious...so...i dont i have read any ov them as such apart from wot is mentioned
LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Freakonomics!! It was a brilliant insightful book that changed the way I say things in the world...everything relates to something else...nothing is autonomous...thats what I learnt.
Adwaita thumbnail
well, the books that changed my life are-
one night at call centre by chetan bhagat...
and of course, harry potter...
i believe that these books made me braver than i was n i cud face the biggest problem of my life with the help of these 2 books...
and yes, chicken soup for teenage soul had a big impact on me...
Edited by Adwaita - 14 years ago
shrutic thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
For me it was The Firm by John Grisham. It made me choose my career. Another one was Lance Armstrong's biography because it made me realize that everything in life is unpredictable!!!

Shruti