Fashion and Beauty

eyeliner affects your eyesight?

karankittu thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
hey i started wearing eye liner and my eye sight has gone weak but thats due to stress from studies and stuff n hopefully it will get better but some of my freinds told me that by wearing eyeliner your eye sight goes worser is that true? 😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Peanutt Butterr thumbnail
i had this frm my frend as well....and i think it' true 😳 😳 😳
meghavi thumbnail
Hummm.. it would be helpful if someone could find out through a internet source if this info is right or not! I tried looking for things related to eyeliner..and it damaging ur eyes or w/e..but really I can't find anything!

I always wear eyeliner...so I would like to know!!
😕 😕
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I hardly wear make-up so I cant say 😳
bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i dnt think it does... 😕 hw can it?? will try to find out...
Reema_J thumbnail
I don't think it's true AT ALL! I've been wearing eyeliner for many, many, many years now and I have perfect vision!

In fact, I've heard that if you use kajal or surma [Indian/Paki eyeliner], it actually improves your eyes! 😕
Tearðrops thumbnail
I don't believe that it affects eyesight either. Infact (Like Reema_J) said traditionally, wearing kajal/ surma is supposed to give you better vision.
I have found a link about eyeliner affecting your eyesight but it only briefly states it.
[quote] WHY EYELINER?

INDIVIDUALS WITH OILY SKIN CAUSING MAKEUP TO SMEAR, OR SOMEONE WITH SMALL EYES NEEDING DEFINITION, CONTACT WEARERS AND THOSE WITH POOR EYESIGHT OR ALLERGIES MAY BENEFIT FROM PERMANENT EYELINER
[/quote]

The normal eyeliner (liquid or pencil) shouldn't really affect your eyesight if you apply it correctly. ie. It should only be applied to the skin below/above your eyelashes and not too close that it is applied to the inside.
karankittu thumbnail
oh right oki doki thanks alot i stoped wearing my eyeline ri dont wear the pakistani one i wear the english one . 😕 but anyway im gla di cn carry on wearing it it now
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Reema_J

I don't think it's true AT ALL! I've been wearing eyeliner for many, many, many years now and I have perfect vision!

In fact, I've heard that if you use kajal or surma [Indian/Paki eyeliner], it actually improves your eyes! 😕

Absolutely... also, models, actresses, etc would be blind by the age of 35 if it did affect eyesight...😕

trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago
That is very interesting.   I do think eye makeup if it gets on contact lenses may interfere with it, make it dirty etc.   But kajal itself prevents infection by cleansing the eyelid and enourages growth of lashes.  It is Ayurvedic.