Debate Mansion

Non Vegetarians Animal Activists - Moral?

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Animal protection guard rescuing a stressed pet from the owner later parking at BK for a nice chicken blooper burgers with extra large drink.

Animal activist giving big lecture and later ending up having a non veg meal.

Thats the build up to ask

Should law mandate animal activists and Employees working for an animal protection organisations to switch to vegetarian diet?

Edited by raj5000 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail

P.S - Had removed this post thinking its off beat, wrote it again upon request. 😳😊

Edited by raj5000 - 17 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hey, why did you delete the topic. I'm neither a vegetarian nor an animal activist, so I didn't post. There must be others who'd have an opinion about it. And another thing is I thought all animal activists (atleast honest ones) are vegetarians, this is the first time I came to know of animal activists who are non-vegetarians.

raj5000 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: souro

Hey, why did you delete the topic. I'm neither a vegetarian nor an animal activist, so I didn't post. There must be others who'd have an opinion about it. And another thing is I thought all animal activists (atleast honest ones) are vegetarians, this is the first time I came to know of animal activists who are non-vegetarians.

Thanks for inputs thats what I thought, who love animal would never hurt any animals atleast for meat but 🀒

Soumya - never mind, thought topic is just off beat. LOL... Appreciate your response, thought of getting this closed to accomodate new IN topics. Yeah observed this Boss of mine pet freak, eating non veg freaked me out... anyways.. Thanks Again.

mermaid_QT thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: raj5000

Thanks for inputs thats what I thought, who love animal would never hurt any animals atleast for meat but 🀒

Soumya - never mind, thought topic is just off beat. LOL... Appreciate your response, thought of getting this closed to accomodate new IN topics. Yeah observed this Boss of mine pet freak, eating non veg freaked me out... anyways.. Thanks Again.

i'd love to read this post anshu!!  why did u delete?  on ABC forums, i was pounced on - on this subject.  i am very against non-vegetarian animal activists and have met them in plenty🀒🀒. 
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Should law mandate animal activists and Employees working for an animal protection organisations to switch to vegetarian diet?

I know this is serious stuff and I should not be laughing..

The Law enforcment will be sooooo hard dude!! πŸ˜†
"arrested for taking a bite into chicken" πŸ˜†

This is not worth wasting law-enforcement agency's time and money.  Moreoever, such activists are hypocrites at their best- nothing can stop them!  😳 We should ignore them and not let them stop what we do. 
They are lined up outside UCSF every now and then agaist animals used in research.  When we comment on their McMeal, they get all riled up!  When asked if they are using insulin treatments and if so, why, they are riled up..
manjujain thumbnail
Yes I know many people in US who love pets & really take good care of them but are non-veg. I had the same question what Anshuman is saying so one day I did ask the person whom I know. She has many pets at her home and really love all kind of pets, but non-veg. Her answer was that we love pets but when we eat food we just don't relate to it that what we are eating is from some animal. It's just the way they are borught up and can't link it together.... Don't know more than this but thought of posting it here...
sareg thumbnail

someone fighting for women's rights,you have to be a woman for that? or men do go and do a gender change?

when you sympathize about orphan children and want to do something about them, do you go and adopt one? if you cant, you donate money for the charity

Do all pujari's have to be sin-free before preaching?

when you do a noble cause, you do what you can

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Animal protection guard rescuing a stressed pet from the owner later parking at BK for a nice chicken blooper burgers with extra large drink.

Animal activist giving big lecture and later ending up having a non veg meal.

Thats the build up to ask

I personally don't think there is any base to this comparison. Non vegetarians can still be animal activist or Pet lover.  They do not need to change their diet for that.

@ sareg I totally agree with you on your examples.

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: sareg

someone fighting for women's rights,you have to be a woman for that? or men do go and do a gender change?

The question is whether it's moral to be a non-vegetarian and yet advocate love for animals. No one is asking them to live like the animals do. If they ill treat women in their personal life then how can they be allowed to fight for women's rights.

when you sympathize about orphan children and want to do something about them, do you go and adopt one? if you cant, you donate money for the charity

It's not about whether it should be mandatory for every animal activist to keep a pet. If someone exploits orphaned children to serve their purpose then should they be allowed to be an activist for the orphaned.

Do all pujari's have to be sin-free before preaching?

If we've knowledge about some sins committed by the pujari which are in total contradiction to his preachings then would we take him seriously. If someone is preaching about loving animals and yet have no qualms about culling them and putting them on their dinner plate then ain't they contradicting themselves.

If they are simply against ill treating your pets then it's altogether different. Also if they are against unnecessary cruelty towards animals which serves no purpose then it's ok.

when you do a noble cause, you do what you can

Edited by souro - 17 years ago