Is winning the only thing in matches?

Posted: 17 years ago

Hey guys,

Simple question...

Is winning at all costs important? It it the only thing that matters?

If your team play bad but win....is that good enough? or if they playy well and lose is tht stil bad?

I am asking this as many of you guys are naturally upset of pak and India loosing their matches.😳

So in WC is it Very IMP that you guys go through to atleast Super 8. But not juist in WC, even in other things is winning the only thing that matters?

Maybe not in the other matches.....But the World Cup is not a small thing!! Especially for Cricket Crazy Indians....Cricket is a passion not just a game!! 😃

I think India shouldn't have taken the WC lightly...It doesn't matter if they lose the other matches though!! 😃
Winning Is Not Really Important But They Work Hard For WC So If They Lose Its So Sad For Them 😭 😭
I cant stand it wen Pakistan loses, i get really disappointed like any other pak cricket fan, but thats not everything to me! yes, i wud love to see pakistan win every match they play, but winning and losing is part of the game... i just want the team that i support to play wid determination, effort, unity and confidence!!!

Winning is not everything, i totally agree! we do get angry for the time being but wen we really think about it, its how a team plays at the end or how anyone tries their level best in any field actually!

for example, during the match against pak and the WI, i was seriously very upset at the way pak lost, i knew that the WI werent sum small team, but i wanted pak to win, but more i wanted them to have that will to win! but wen i saw them , they played widout any cricket spirit!!!! none of them, except a few, even tried! i mean u want a team to play their best, wid all that they have, so even if they lose u can praise them for giving watever they had, it doznt disappoint u as much as usual!

At the end, if one really thinks about it... its the way ur team plays that disappoints u the most! if ur team plays wid confidence and gives it their best shot, and still losses, i can for sure say that their fans will not be disappointed as compared to their team losing wid no cricket spirit at all! 😊

and same goes for our everyday life, if u try ur level best and give ur 100%, and still fail to do sumthing, u wont get disappointed beyond limits, why? cuz u'll know that u at least tried at the end! but if u dont even try ur best, then wats the use?
no...............winning is not the only thing...........if v play the match with right spirit n fight till the end n than loose its ok,....................but the way India looses matches is very sad...........body language se hum match khatam hone ke pehle hi haar maan lete hai.........cordination ki kami,team spirit gayab,no unity,no aggression,no motivation..............these r the things which makes me very ssad of ur Indian team.............agar is sab ke saath khelte huwe haarte to itna ghum na hota.......last moment tak tough fight to dete.............but............. 😕 😭

winning doesnt matter in two ways:

winning is not important if a team plays with winning spirit.

if a team play like a joke and still wins then winning do matter.

Is winning at all costs important? It it the only thing that matters?
No, winning is important but not at any cost, winning is certainly not the only thing!

If your team play bad but win....is that good enough? or if they playy well and lose is tht stil bad?

It is good enough if they play well and lose, somebody has to lose, but if they play badly and win, then that is wrong

winning is not the only things. i think its the sportsman ship that matters..

but since india is VERY GOOD at this game.. they shouldnt have lost.. and cricket is india's passion.. so yea it will hurt

Originally posted by mcm226

no...............winning is not the only thing...........if v play the match with right spirit n fight till the end n than loose its ok,....................but the way India looses matches is very sad...........body language se hum match khatam hone ke pehle hi haar maan lete hai.........cordination ki kami,team spirit gayab,no unity,no aggression,no motivation..............these r the things which makes me very ssad of ur Indian team.............agar is sab ke saath khelte huwe haarte to itna ghum na hota.......last moment tak tough fight to dete.............but............. 😕 😭

Yes.....You r right there!! The way India plays is very very very disheartening!! 😕 I think by now.....India should have produced the most number of duckers in history!!! Ok....I am not rubbing salt on the injury but thats what I think!😕

Originally posted by Leo

Yes.....You r right there!! The way India plays is very very very disheartening!! 😕 I think by now.....India should have produced the most number of duckers in history!!! Ok....I am not rubbing salt on the injury but thats what I think!😕

Why I said that is because the best players like Sehwag and Sachin manage to become duck in big matches.....These are the ppl whom we depend the most......not to mention....the great Dhoni! Whose not doing anything but hitting some *lucky* sixes and becoming out the very next ball! And to forget.....endorsing hair products.....and signing some dumb ads!🤢