Sports/Cricket

Two Pak players to stay back-Afridi

acmemarkets thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Latest on HT:

Two pak players to stay back in WI.Afridi has been interrogated alone in a separate room.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
yeah i read that as well.....fingerprints of all pak players were taken.....but shahid afridi was interrogated seperately...

i hope shahid afridi isnt involved in anything....he was my fav pak player 😭
anumra thumbnail
where did u read it..cuz there isnt any news of this on any of the big sites of cricket,,,can u post a link..
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
no i read it on aaj tak news....it wasnt on an article...it was the new channel...
nightangel thumbnail
hmm...hope dhy found some truth... 😛
aishiya thumbnail
i am quite sure ye zaroor indian channel par he news aye hoge... 😉
dontknow thumbnail
Well not player, Two Team support staff to support to stay behind in Jamaica.
Here is the source.
[B[Inquest ordered for Woolmer's murder

Cricinfo staff

March 24, 2007

Bob Woolmer's family was informed that his body would be kept in Jamaica till the inquest was over Getty Images

The Jamaican authorities have ordered an inquest to be held for the murder of Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach. Woolmer's family was informed that his body would remain in Jamaica till the inquest was over.

The Jamaican Gleaner reported that according to the Commissioner of Police, Lucius Thomas, the coroner had directed the inquest be held "as soon as possible".

TVJ, a local television channel, reported that Darryn Lifson, the Pakistan team physiotherapist, and Murray Stevenson, the trainer, will stay back in Jamaica till in inquest is completed. "We promised the family to stay until everything is sorted out," Lifson told AFP. "The police informed the family first, then us, with everything, and then we told the team."

Woolmer died on March 18 in his hotel room in Kingston and five days later the cause of his death was confirmed to be asphyxia as a result of manual strangulation. The Pakistan team were fingerprinted and asked to provide DNA samples as part of the investigations.

Mark Shields, the deputy police commissioner of Jamaica, insisted that the Pakistan team were not being treated any differently from anyone else at this stage. "It is important to eliminate as well as identify suspects," he told TVJ.

Cricinfo

farisss4 thumbnail
yeah exactly 2 staff members...1 the trainer and the oder is the physio... 😊
dontknow thumbnail
Shahid afridi cannot be involved guys, he did not even play the game with irland.
mini2390 thumbnail
What???? thats insane??? and shahid afridi is the last person on earth who anyone cud point on... the guy didnt even play the first 2 matches! and hes not even targetted for any team losses so how cud he be targetted for this?... and if aaj tak gave this news, than i dont want to be mean, but indian sources have so far said a lot of things on this whole issue that were merely false!

and secondly, the team, especially inzi said on pak news that this is rubbish, as they dont even know who thoswe two players r that the media is talking about and y they r even saying such stuff..... ryt now nothing is confirmed or known, but so far every pak player is safe... and inshallah nothing will go wrong.