Glitter Graphics

Glitter Graphics

Glitter Graphics

Glitter Graphics

Glitter Graphics

Glitter Graphics

Glitter Graphics

I was just wondering about Destiny and thought to make this Topic!😛

Do you believe that whatever you do in life, the "path" that you take, the people that you meet and associate with, the events in the lives of others that involve you, are pre-ordained and meant to be? in other words Do you believe in Destiny/ Kismet/Naseeb? That what's in your naseeb, that will happen exactly?

Do you believe we are puppets controlled by the hands of fate? Is what happens to us preordained? Are we helpless victims hurled about by arbitrary and chaotic circumstances?

The first time i started thinking about this was, when i saw Dil to pagal hai! madhuri dixit said in the movie, "Bhagwaan hume jodiyon mein baanake bhej tha hai" so that means, that even ur life partner is destined from birth nah??

How come then that people get unlucky in love, marriages so many times?? is that also destined? i know that people usually say: "That person was not the One for you!" When do u know then who eactly is in your Kismet/Naseeb??

Considering your life, as short or as long as it has been so far, do you feel the things/events just happen by chance? Or where they destined to happen?

Do you believe you are in charge of your own life or are you a victim of circumstances?

I think that .... no matter what we do, or what we change our mind to do, is it all part of "the grand scheme of things"? Destiny/ naseeb/Kismet!!

I just know, life is an amazing journey. I am privileged to have the opportunity to experience this!👏

Do share your views on this okay?😉 Looking forward to rea other views😛

Love,

Gracella 😛

Edited by Tearrops - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tearðrops thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Interesting topic, Gracella!
I believe that some parts of our life is destined to happen and how we deal with those is our choice of action. So, i would say life is a bit of both - Destiny and Choice.

If a once in a lifetime opportunity were to come your way then i would believe it may have been destined to happen. Whereas, if you choose to reject this opportunity then this is your choice and you choose to take a different path which may lead to other things.

Sometimes we are dealt bad cards and sometimes good, but the way we perceive these happenings is up to us.
For example. Say someone had a verrry important business meeting and for the first time ever their alarm clock failed to wake them as a result they missed the bus. Person thinks 'Oh great why did this have to happen, now what will i do?!' But the next day the person hears on the news that the bus they were suppose to take yesterday had crashed with no survivors. Then the person thinks 'Good job my alarm failed to ring'
Maybe it was not his calling to meet his death yet.
I know you are thinking but still the other people on the bus died. It may have been their calling and who actually knows what's after death? It could be anything.

I also believe that destiny is what shapes our character as a person. If an orphan is very independent and mature today. Then they would be a completely different person if his/her parents were alive today.
friend_125 thumbnail
i agree with Teardrops.life is a bit of destiny as well as our choise.in certain circumstances our destiny work more then our choise.like,we wish something else to be happened,but it,s not acceptable to destiny and something else is only happening that we dost want n dosnt wish or even dosnt choosed to happened.so luck n destiny are not with everyone.everyone is not so lucky that he/she may get everything in life whatever he/she would have wished the most in life.
yes i do beleive in destiny..as it is well said that > r destinies have been written long ago.r going forth of turning back is of such small account in the great sum set by the GODS of which the answer is hidden from us

u cannot change what's gonna happen. u can just pray 4 the best..but at the same time..alot depends on r choices as well.as they r like steps which cannot b undone.one step or choise leads to another n this way we get to what we chose..when we reach r destination, we can only look back n repent..but cannot start r journey all over again
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Yes, I do believe in destiny. I think, at some point, if one believes, Karma will be brought into this discussion. Basically, your past actions influence your future, however, at the end of it all it is GOD who chooses our paths. We simply act out the Divine Plan.

I believe in destiny, however not in fate as such. I believe that How we behave, think, etc atrtracts the same back to us. This could be from impressions in past lives (again if u so believe). I always question why we should be made to suffer in this life for something that was done in a past life and tht we can't recall or repent for. Here, it is FAITH that comes to play. By doing good actions today, we can erase the karma of our past bad ones and create good karma for the future.

So, yes, this is what detiny is and to this extent I do believe it in it. However, we can influence our own futures by our actions today...

Naina_Manam thumbnail
To some extent, yes, I do believe in destiny but I don't think that destiny explains everything in life.  Maybe 50% of the things in our life are predestined but the other 50% we make.  If we don't make out destiny then what kind of life we can have? Simple example is studying for an exam. If you sit there the night before saying I'll pass if it's in my destiny the you won't pass! You'll have to work hard, study, and then some part depends on destiny in your success.

Yeah, we are helpless at certain things.  Who walks into our life and who walks away isn't in our control especially if that person goes to reside in another world.  A lot of your destiny, your life, you can make but there are parts where destiny shows you who's stronger and that's when it plays a huge role in our life.

Well, about life partner, I am not really sure.  A lot of people believe that everyone is created in pairs but then our worldly deeds and the mistakes we make snatches away our perfect other half.  But then again here comes the destiny.  Someone is destined for you but due to your stupid mistakes you lose them, part of it was destiny and part of it was you.

People get unsuccessful in marriages/work/and anything essentially because of their mistakes.  They don't realize what they are doing until it's too late.  When things don't work out, I think the easier way is just to say it's destiny but if we just do a little analysis of ourselves, we'll only realize that our arrogance/foolishness played a huge role in it.

As far as my life is considered, well, sometimes I think I have full control of my life but other times not so much.  But then again, I make my destiny just as half of it is already shaped.