Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

DOTW -- When does a friendship end?

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hello dear Love and Friendship Forum members!

Everyday on this forum we read articles, and exchange our view point on various issues. Here's something for you to ponder about, and discuss/debate with all your friends here...!

The topic for this week is....

~
❤️~When does a friendship end?~❤️~

Due to distance? A fight? Jealousy? Replacement? Over-honesty? Or any other reason? Do you agree or disagree?

Post your views, and incidents, please don't name your friends when relating incidents!

❤️ With loads of love,❤️

Love and Friendship Development Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

a friendship ends when freinds perspective changes..it is fuelled with envy n fight.but 1 major reason 4 freinds to part their ways is b'coz they think they can't go together now n can't bear each others presence..if u r feeling a lil unconfortable with ur frnd..it's better to part ur ways..there is no use of dragging ur relationship
time changes everything..n even best of frnds can turn enemies
*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

thanks for posting this Sam...

I think there r few reasons y friendship ends..one is that the two friends don't understand each other the way they did... maybe one has changed or something..

another reason is that (usually a boy and a girl) they fall in love... and if things doesn't work out...there is no way that these two will forget everything and become friends again...love ruins their sweet friendship...so watch out before falling in love with ur best friend😭

~Anji~ thumbnail

Great topic...i think that sometimes it is when they have a fight over a boy...like one girl likes a guy..and the guy likes her back..but then the other girl likes the guy too..that kinda stuff causes lots of problems..coz they get jealous of eachother and stuff like that...and friendship between and guy and a girl ends with love..just as Sapna di said..and then when u try to go back to friendship it doesnt work.
i have even written a poem about this here is it:

Love Ruins friendship

I knew him when we were kids
We used to always play
Then the time came when he had to leave
I wanted him to stay

He came up to me to say goodbye
I looked into his eyes
I could see the tears coming
I remembered the good old times

I sat and thought to myself
Why I lost a friend
Does this always happen to me
Why did everything end

After many years I also moved
And he added me on MSN
I talked to him and realized
We could be friends again

After sometime I noticed
That the relationship
was a little more
 than just friendship

So I decide to let him know
For me it was very tough
I called him and said to him
That we were both in love

At first he didn't say anything
Then he said he feels that too
We were both quiet for a while
And then he said I love you

That day I can never forget
It looked like the world was smiling
And then we always talked
But was it the right timing?

He then changed a little bit
And he wasn't the same person
I decided to break the relationship
But it made everything worsen?

After that we tried to be just friends
But it didn't work at all
Because every time we tried to talk
We remembered that one call

Will we get together again?
I really don't  know
I really hope everything works out
I hope things just flow

So everyone please listen to me
Don't ruin what you have
Because now I feel that I should've known
That friendship was enough

by: Anjali

-Pinky- thumbnail
i guess the main reason is that people change..its crazyy how some ppl can change so much!!!!!!!..n problem arises when they become a totally different person n u go like ok wow thats not the person i was friends with!!it makes u wonder whether they like u anymore n friendship breaks.

another reason i can think of is when ur friends take u for granted...like they will hurt u n be like "oh its ok.. they will still be my friends or w/e"...but noooo!! there is a limit of everything...u cant just keep hurting someone over n over n over again, take them for granted n assume they   will still want to be friendz with u *sigh* ...brought back some old memories lolz
Gorgeous_Rosa thumbnail
nice post

i think friendship ends due to lack of love.....
and due tolackof good relationship between bothe the persons...
kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
it ends when you fall in love, when the girl and guy are best friends and they fall in love thats were friendship ends and something else begins 😳
r326 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Pinky-

i guess the main reason is that people change..its crazyy how some ppl can change so much!!!!!!!..n problem arises when they become a totally different person n u go like ok wow thats not the person i was friends with!!it makes u wonder whether they like u anymore n friendship breaks.

another reason i can think of is when ur friends take u for granted...like they will hurt u n be like "oh its ok.. they will still be my friends or w/e"...but noooo!! there is a limit of everything...u cant just keep hurting someone over n over n over again, take them for granted n assume they   will still want to be friendz with u *sigh* ...brought back some old memories lolz

yea..i agree with u..especially when some lies to something as big as their identity to u for 6 months..and then gives "reasons" for doing so..and then expects u to forgive them..and think that saying sorry or writing poems will fix everything...but u just never will be the same again..and u can never trust the same again..and whats worse is when they keep lying to u and when u tell them they're lying..they blame u for not believing them😡

Naina_Manam thumbnail
I believe that a true friendship never ends... Friendship is when two people understand each other and even if they don't agree at certain things they can understand their friend's point of view and be constructive.

If a friendship ends for whatever reason then probably the bitter truth is that the friendship was never really true.  Two people thought they are friends but just never were.

I think friendship is one of the very pure, understanding, and awesome relationships we have in the world because we chose our friends and they are not forced upon us like blood relations.

A true friendship would never end with such minor things as views change, jealousy etc.
Oblivion thumbnail
i believe 3 things come in the way of good friendship
Gal
Money
ego
Edited by Oblivion - 17 years ago