Suggestions / Comments

Updates specific to FFs

GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 17 years ago

Hello all,

I was wondering if it was possible to come up with some updates to how FFs are being maintained on the site.

We have a special FF section and each of the other sections also host FFs...so I thought it would be nice to make some changes as below..

1. Can we make a seperate create FF button like new post and new poll? This will help make the FF post a different template. The other changes below would then be easier to implement.

2. Similar to the thank you button, we can then have a button for quick comment or something...so that commenting is easier.

3. Quotes and chats on FFs is another commonly witnessed problem...which sort of leads to spamming...I am not against it but I know people who think this needs to be kept to the minimum...

Let me know how u feel about these changes..and if I can offer help..

Rivs

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kggk_fan01 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rivya

Hello all,

I was wondering if it was possible to come up with some updates to how FFs are being maintained on the site.

We have a special FF section and each of the other sections also host FFs...so I thought it would be nice to make some changes as below..

1. Can we make a seperate create FF button like new post and new poll? This will help make the FF post a different template. The other changes below would then be easier to implement.

2. Similar to the thank you button, we can then have a button for quick comment or something...so that commenting is easier.

3. Quotes and chats on FFs is another commonly witnessed problem...which sort of leads to spamming...I am not against it but I know people who think this needs to be kept to the minimum...

Let me know how u feel about these changes..and if I can offer help..

Rivs

not sure what FF(is it fan fic)

also for #2 isnt this what you mean?

GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kggk_fan01

not sure what FF(is it fan fic)

also for #2 isnt this what you mean?

yes...I did mean fan fics...well post reply works for people who have something to say...a lot of people dont have much to say...so something more on the lines for thank you enabled for more than the first post would be useful..

the KS forum has been having this discussion of posting a comment and a lot of people say they dont know what to say...so maybe a thank you enabled for more that just the first post...

Rivs

Cordelia thumbnail
good sugestion rivs, esp. about a quick comments button, at least it would show that writers are being acknowledged even bo those who may not have enought time to write a full comment! 😊
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why not have the name of the fan fiction and than underneath chapter 1,2,3 etc. that link to each update.

Also have a rating system something like 5 star, 4 star and 3 star(radio button that you click) but each of these rating has an underlying comments ie say for 5 star - excellent storyline, good dialogue, well developed characters etc. If you go with this kind of approach the minimum should be 3 star so that people who are new to writing ffs don't get discouraged. I also like the idea of having KS best ff list (like the NY best seller list). Some of the ff writers that have excellent writing skills should may be pair (mentor)some of the inexperienced writers who are interested in creative writing.

I mentioned in one of the posts that the number of hits an ff gets is because people enjoy reading those ffs, that is why they come back and read/re-read the ffs.

Word of caution though, all ff writers should be reminded that what's posted here is there own work and not taken from any other website. Taking copyrighted material leaves this web site open to legal trouble.
ShiyaNasreen29 thumbnail
Yes please do that, it will help the busy peoples.
Shiya
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: divan

Why not have the name of the fan fiction and than underneath chapter 1,2,3 etc. that link to each update.

Also have a rating system something like 5 star, 4 star and 3 star(radio button that you click) but each of these rating has an underlying comments ie say for 5 star - excellent storyline, good dialogue, well developed characters etc. If you go with this kind of approach the minimum should be 3 star so that people who are new to writing ffs don't get discouraged. I also like the idea of having KS best ff list (like the NY best seller list). Some of the ff writers that have excellent writing skills should may be pair (mentor)some of the inexperienced writers who are interested in creative writing.

I mentioned in one of the posts that the number of hits an ff gets is because people enjoy reading those ffs, that is why they come back and read/re-read the ffs.

Word of caution though, all ff writers should be reminded that what's posted here is there own work and not taken from any other website. Taking copyrighted material leaves this web site open to legal trouble.

i love this suggestion...a radio button will help...thanks divan..

Rivs

kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Loved the suggestions dear and yes the quick comment thing is the best idea of the lot, and the separate FF button.Edited by kubare - 17 years ago
rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Great idea Rivs!!!
You know i have been wondering that for a while especially #2 suggestion...but yes i do agree in this area...
it is a lot easier and better for us...
I hope there's a why we can change this...
good luck!!!
am with you partner!!
rooj