India out of Cricket World Cup after Bang

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

India out of Cricket World Cup after Bangladesh beat Bermuda

Posted at 10:03am on 26 Mar 2007

Bangladesh beat Bermuda by seven wickets in a Group B match at the Cricket World Cup in Trinidad on Sunday.

Bangladesh reached their target of 95 runs with more than 3 overs to spare.

Their win in what was the final group game in the tournament sees Bangladesh through to the quarter final round at the expense of India.

Other teams to qualify are: Australia, England, Ireland, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, South Africa and the West Indies.

Cricket-Bangladesh victory eliminates India from World Cup

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:52PM BST
< id=CurrentSize = name=CurrentSize>
| | RSS Feed
[] []

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, (Reuters) - India were knocked out of the World Cup on Sunday after Bangladesh beat debutants Bermuda by seven wickets in a Group B match on Sunday.

Bangladesh made sure they grabbed a Super Eights berth after finishing second in the group behind leaders Sri Lanka.

India, the 1983 champions and finalists four years ago, suffered their earliest exit since 1992 after winning only one of their three matches in the opening round.

Edited by anishma24 - 17 years ago
won't say that i am sad...this was needed to put them in their place...maybe this WC will teach them something...not to be overconfident, being one of the things...
yup first pak n now india 😭 😭 😭 its really heart breakin to c both teamz not in supper 8.... 😭 😭 😭 ...
i guess it waznt meant 4 dem to go ahead....but ma dua'z r wid em n i hope next tym der play da way der use to play...der both r very strong teamz it jus waznt meant 4 dem to go ahead.... 😭 😭 😭 am sure r gona miss em man....specially AFRIDIZ,YOUNIS KHAN,INZI N SACHINZ BATTIN 😭 😭 ...SHOAIBZN DHONIZ BOWLIN 😭 😭 😭
But bangladesh did great job n well deservd supper 8 victory... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Congrats bangladeshhhh....

Rani........