The book or its movie?

Posted: 17 years ago

Hey guys!😊

Well, this is one topic which my friends and I constantly argue on, so I just wanted to know what all of you think. Many famous books have been made into movies, right from great classics to popular fiction.

We've had Harry Potter,which was made into a hugely successful movie, the same with Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice which was made into both a recent movie,and a TV series.Even Indian author books have been made into movies,notable and the most recent being Jhumpa Lahiri's "The Namesake".

So, do you prefer to read the book,or wtach the movie? Do you feel that the magic onscreen transports you into that world or will you stick with the book? What do you think?

no way!!!
the book rocks!!!
Harry Poter movies i watch only for curiosity otherwise i think the book is loads better and dont get me started on movie three 😡 😡
Pride and prejudice i agree that movie was good but the ending was kinda rushed and all... s oi prefer all the books to the movies

When one reads a book, one forms one's own unique opinion of that book. When one watches a movie, it is the directors opinion and understanding of the book that one is viewing... one then creates a second hand opinion of a book rather than forming one's own... for me it is the book and always the book! Movies are by the by...

I think though some movies do a good job, books are always way better because I am just too fond of words and  I love to imagine.

You can actually imagine your own person in a particular character, stop and go back and read again and still don't lose the essence.

Plus, I am a book worm but not much of a movies fan so  book for me always.
i prefer reading a book instead of watching
the movie
Well it depends on the person..
I have met many ppl who enjoy the harry potter movies, yet find the books bery boring..
But for me, its the books all the way...I guess because when you read about a character you form your own opinion and see the character in a different way, so not everyone sees the character in the same way, the movies on the other hand show that character in a certain way, and after seeing that character taht way, you cant bring him/her into a different light..
:D

-Mahak-

i like to read the book so i can visualise it in my mind then watch the movie to see if i was close to it
The books! Sure you can watch the movie and get the general picture but reading every detail and the charatcers every thought I find is so much better! They usually cut scenes off in the movies to make it an appropriate length. But I love Harry Potter so I would rather read the books!
Well, in case of HarryPotter, I found the movies totally boring, the book was far too good. But LOTR, I found the movies much better( well I have only read the first book). I found the actors splendidly cast, and the directors imagination was much better than mine 😊 !
Books and movies...I don't have any problems when books are made movies if the director follows the story line and does justice to the characters. Pride and Prejudice was good and so were the harry potter movies. Bride and Prejudice was funny actually but Devdas was trashy. Personally I like to read the book first and then watch the film.

I liked Divya's post. I totally agree with her ideas.