The book or its movie? - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago
umm i lov harry potter buks ! i mean im hooked on it ! n i wotch d movies cos i love to c wot i read as a visual, buh really, buks r betta cos i hate wen soo many intrstin scenes r cut out to keep d length of d movie appropriate ! its soooooooo annoyin ! omg movie 3 n 4
Originally posted by DivyaD

When one reads a book, one forms one's own unique opinion of that book. When one watches a movie, it is the directors opinion and understanding of the book that one is viewing... one then creates a second hand opinion of a book rather than forming one's own... for me it is the book and always the book! Movies are by the by...

well said Divya. You mirror my very thoughts..... my feelings on the issue.

regards,

Tejas

When one reads a book, one forms one's own unique opinion of that book. When one watches a movie, it is the directors opinion and understanding of the book that one is viewing... one then creates a second hand opinion of a book rather than forming one's own... for me it is the book and always the book! Movies are by the by...

Ditto, second every word !! Exactly my thoughts and the very reason why I choose to read the books and prefer them as well over movies...

Books although are an version of the author, do let your imagination take off, based on what is written, for we dont see anything here , but are told and we lead to imagine...

Seeing the interpretation of someone else, the director's in the case of Movies, blocks the vision of the mind's eye!

<FONT face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#9933ff size=4>When one reads a book, one formsone's own unique opinion of that book. When one watches a movie, it is the directors opinion and understanding of the book thatoneis viewing...one then creates a second hand opinion of a book rather than formingone's own... for me it is the book andalways the book! Movies are by the by...

same here..cudnt ahve said it better 👏
also we take our own time to read books...we concentrtae and think more about certain things an just go on if we dont like soemthing...the movie strts and finishes in max three hrs and doesnt really give us time to stop where we like it and ignore wht we dont...so sometimes it feels like the scene needssssss more attention and soemtimes it feels like ohh no wht a drag...
so i have always enjoyed the book more than the movie....

although it happens very rarely with me i wud still mention that ,if there is a book with a gud plot and stuff, and i dont like the style of writing then i enjoy the movie more,... coz then i can do away with his/her writing style and ennjoy the rest...like spoonfeeding ...in a way...but happens rarely with meEdited by missmhow - 16 years ago

I prefer books because when they're turned into movies, you get a particular picture in mind of the characters, settings, etc., and it can disappoint you at times when you don't see what you actually pictured while reading. With books, your imagination has no limit, so you can make your own opinion on the book, however you perceive it 😛 

Posted: 15 years ago
Books are better in that they go into soo much detail especially like the da vinci code and harry potter that need it but movies are just as good if you watch them for that which i do. Do not mind both but books tend to be way better...
books any day.....
then all the plots fall into place while watching the film otherwise often i hav no clue wht is going on....
there is an exception.....
i watched Saawariya without reading the white nights.... n loved it too... i had made my own interpretation!!!!
For me its always going to be the Harry Potter books that are first and then the movies will follow, only because the movies are not even one tenth off what is in the books! I love detail and JK Rowling has created a world with so much detail and its a treat to read!

The movies have there own place, I love them too as I get to see the characters come alive! Though having said that Rowling makes the characters more alive and real just by writing!

Sam x
i like to read the books first and savour each word and create my own little imagination bubble... and then i like to watch the movie to see the book come to life.... or close to it.... so in short i like to read the book first and then watch the movie