Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jassiee. thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

The books! =)

I feel the movies never give justice to the books! Be it cutting out important scenes or just ruining the book overall.

The HP movies did NOT give justice to the books at all =/
nitasuni thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sareeta

Ditto, second every word !! Exactly my thoughts and the very reason why I choose to read the books and prefer them as well over movies...

Books although are an version of the author, do let your imagination take off, based on what is written, for we dont see anything here , but are told and we lead to imagine...

Seeing the interpretation of someone else, the director's in the case of Movies, blocks the vision of the mind's eye!

I agree with you two.  when reading a book the reader get his/her version of the story, each person interpret his own meaning  to each sentence.
Hiba282 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

well before i read HArry potter i used to watch the film

but after i started reading the books i like the books mor than films but i watch the films too oz i also like them
spln thumbnail
Originally posted by: Prenz~13

Hey guys!😊

Well, this is one topic which my friends and I constantly argue on, so I just wanted to know what all of you think. Many famous books have been made into movies, right from great classics to popular fiction.

We've had Harry Potter,which was made into a hugely successful movie, the same with Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice which was made into both a recent movie,and a TV series.Even Indian author books have been made into movies,notable and the most recent being Jhumpa Lahiri's "The Namesake".

So, do you prefer to read the book,or wtach the movie? Do you feel that the magic onscreen transports you into that world or will you stick with the book? What do you think?

the book anytime....it wins for me hands down...the magic of capturing n imagining a scene woven from words is one of a kind,....i can never watch a movie first n still read its book....it has to be the other way round.....namesake was an exception where i thot the movie was better....but for 99% cases....movies, though well paced n easier to catch the wstory with, lose half the magic the author is capable of protraying....the magic of words can come only in black n white print....sorry um quite a bug on this n most ppl dont think like me, but i remain adament!!!😆

ps: great topic, ur right its an often debated topic!!!
Payal25 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I've always preferred the book to the  movie.
There's more detail and in movies half the parts are cut off and many things are added that aren't in the book.